Chronicle Collectibles 1/4 scale Thulsa Doom

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wait, so what about that severed Doom head that was part of the 1/6 articulated figure line? Not going to do that then?

They say they plan to partner with another Co. For those.
Maybe they will let them handle that? Or maybe they wanted to get this statue out quickly and didn't want to deal with likeness for now?
Don't know, but u bring up a good point

Not agreeing with you fellows . With out the face its just any figure with a cape and a snake helmet . Must have a face that looks right

It's Thulsa Doom, unless you dont know who that is, then it's just another snake cult.

Couldn't you insert (iron man, spider man, Magneto) here in your theory?
"Without a Robert Downey likeness head sculpt, it's just another guy in a metal suit.
Nope, just because Doom is less known doesn't mean his helmet needs to be off.

I'm a bit biased because Conan is my favorite film, I'm also in my mid 40's so I grew up knowing what Thulsa Doom looked like, but I see the point that if you are not familiar with this movie or character you wouldn't know who it is. That's the same with anything,I guess.
2017-03-03 12.43.59.jpg

Near complete base. They said the snake heads are being tweaked a bit.
2017-03-17 18.24.54.jpg

That indeed is necessary because now they look a bit more like lizzards.

I re watched the livechat and I think he was talking about the head of the snake wrapped around the base, not the 4 heads on the pillar.

I prefer the stylised 'lizard' type look of the plinth snake heads as they seem more in keeping with ancient cultural architecture and a stylised form as opposed to exact likeness. The 'real' snake under the plinth will need the detailing and from the sound of it CC have even taken into account the pressure put on the snake's body from the plinth during sculpting.
Very interesting design.

I prefer the stylised 'lizard' type look of the plinth snake heads as they seem more in keeping with ancient cultural architecture and a stylised form as opposed to exact likeness. The 'real' snake under the plinth will need the detailing and from the sound of it CC have even taken into account the pressure put on the snake's body from the plinth during sculpting.
Very interesting design.

Exactly...
2017-03-18 12.29.36.jpg

Well this is looking like a good time for my Conan collection! Going to struggle with getting this and Cat Girl though but who said being a collector was sensible and easy? :wink1:

I may have to get this to go with the Museum Replicas Thulsa Doom Dagger I just bought.

Thulsa will be 18 inches tall.

On an unrelated note, it's unclear at this time if collectors living in Tulsa, OK will receive a special discount.

Posted on SF by CC...

'Moving forward we will no longer be carrying stock. We will only produce what is pre-ordered and announce the ES at some point. If that's 235, then it's 235. The ES for this piece is 500, but it will change after 60-90 days of pre-sale.'
Would this alter the set price ? Personally I think it is a safer way to go for the smaller producers but can see it being a sticky point for some collectors.

Posted on SF by CC...

'Moving forward we will no longer be carrying stock. We will only produce what is pre-ordered and announce the ES at some point. If that's 235, then it's 235. The ES for this piece is 500, but it will change after 60-90 days of pre-sale.'
Would this alter the set price ? Personally I think it is a safer way to go for the smaller producers but can see it being a sticky point for some collectors.
Once they get some of their past growing pain issues behind them people will be more comfortable pre ordering again so it probably won't be an issue in the future.

I imaging there is a number where it will either be a low ES run or completely cancelled if they won't make anything.

Hoping that there is enough interest via deposits and I am sure lessons have been learned. I think it is getting harder for the more independent companies as it is given rising costs and high expectations and risks .

Posted on SF by CC...

This is what ARH do.
Some people complain if the original ES was say 200 and their eventual statue says (eg) 27 of 85.
But really, collectors that complain about an ES being lower and their statue being rarer are just looking to whine about anything.

Another quote from CC on SF which sounds awesome! .......But only if you live close to where it is shipping from as it is going to be HAH...UGE! :slap

"Thulsa's base is twice as large as King Conan, but we are going to try and keep it around the same price."

Need to seriously rethink my funding options as I want this along with a few other pieces :lol

Back