Premium Format Christopher Reeve Superman the Movie Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Christopher Reeve Superman the Movie Premium Format Figure -part 2

Why does it have to be so tall, almost ludicrous. If they remove that stupid chess piece and model the dam part flat, it would nicer IMO.

Yeah it will be a pain in the arse for some to fit him in a cabinet. That chess part has to be a weight to stop it toppling.

Message to the guy with the YouTube rant...

Don't order it! :cuckoo:

I'm guessing he won't. I agree with his views though. I don't collect PFs but this looks pretty bad to me. Costume looks nice but even that may not turn out so well on the final product.

As for the likeness, the rant vid guy would have been illustrating his point even better if he'd used the actual Hot Toys final product as the comparison, why was he using the proto shots? Well, either way, I agree with him.

I gotta say ... Even though I like the CR piece. There is only one SUPERMAN PF in this picture.

db30213c70bb8b4b9ac31a995072f5a3_zpsc02adfc2.jpg

I gotta say ... Even though I like the CR piece. There is only one SUPERMAN PF in this picture.

db30213c70bb8b4b9ac31a995072f5a3_zpsc02adfc2.jpg

The bottom right one Spidey?

Hehe...

Why does it have to be so tall, almost ludicrous. If they remove that stupid chess piece and model the dam part flat, it would nicer IMO.

It's probably as others have suggested, for weight, but I'm there with you. It doesn't increase the size of the figure so really there were other ways to correct the weighting issue without adding an eyesore and making this thing 32" tall.

Why isn't the top of the dam wall level? Lot of bewildering design decisions on this one....

Why isn't the top of the dam wall level? Lot of bewildering design decisions on this one....

It's supposed to be cracking a part as if it's bursting. That I get, the figure while mildly disproportionate I get. That little black thing at the bottom...:dunno

It's supposed to be cracking a part as if it's bursting. That I get, the figure while mildly disproportionate I get. That little black thing at the bottom...:dunno

Seems like they could have just built the base into the dam. Not sure why they decided to go this route and raise the overall size of this piece. One thing we can always count on SS for - some bewildering design decisions.

I think I know why they made this one taller. 'Cos it's the only flying pose one...and it's gotta be higher than the rest to service that notion. The difference could be lost on the casual observer had they all been the same height. But that's just imo.

Seems like they could have just built the base into the dam. Not sure why they decided to go this route and raise the overall size of this piece. One thing we can always count on SS for - some bewildering design decisions.

Couldn't agree more Slynger :exactly:

This piece looks absolutely friggin horrible. Everyone here has already mentioned the reasons so I won't go into them again.

I will however say that Sideshow Collectibles and whatever desk jockey is making decisions at their HQ should be ashamed of themselves for allowing this atrocity to come to light.

I really hope this piece gets scratched like Rick O'Connell and goes right back to the drawing board. You really $#!+ the bed this time Sideshow... Of ALL pieces to smear with bad decisions you picked CR Superman.

Sigh...

Face palm of the year award right here.

Will likely wait to see this in person at this year SDCC. (Got my tickets as a last year attendee back in feb). Too much wrong as it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow, he can swear and curse while mom is upstairs cooking dinner. I got to the pose part and switched off as I've read all of the complaints here and at statue forum.
What made me laugh was his moaning about the head sculpt and comparing it with Hot Toys whilst the image displaying the 'superior' sculpt was the old press release pic before the changes were made. I still think it's paint and light, the sculpt looks there and far more like Reeve than the initial Hot Toys sculpt.

Fair enough the Ex is useless. Comic Supes Pf will get that or it will display with the Hot Toys base. The pose isn't great but it's not as bad as it looked in silhouette and the base isn't great.

I think this is almost there which is why I bought it. I wasn't impressed with the preview but it looked better with the full pics. 400 bucks is a lot of money to me but with my six year old son having cancer, Superman has come to actually be a symbol of hope and things like this pop up when we need it most. In my situation I'd rather have a Reeve Superman that almost gets it right than not have one at all. I don't expect others to agree or even understand but I made the choice and it's mine.

If others want to knock it, tear it down or get upset as if Sideshow owes them something then fair play to them. Guys like the one on the video can rant all they like. This will still sell, Sideshow don't need guys like him or his reviews or rants.

Wow bro, that was deep. I was ready to rant myself, about the usual ****. The pose, the Ex, the base, and so on. You are right though, Superman is a symbol of hope. I feel so little getting lost in the little stuff. I must say, it would be cool to see CR Superman at the info crystals with the EX being a hologram of his dad. But hey you get what you get and this I a CR Superman PF. The face looks good, (to me) I am with you I think its a paint thing he is a little pale. I did preorder him, even though there is one thing that still scares me, He looks top heavy, like he could tip over easy. From the pictures Comic bats didn't look that way, but he is very top heavy. I really I don't want My Superman to break, then again who would. Any way I hope it all works out for you, and thanks for the new perspective on the statue. :)

Remember people... The ONLY way we change things is with our wallets. Don't order this mess just because...

If we hit 'em in their wallets then they may (just may) reconsider doing something about it.

Back