Premium Format Christopher Reeve Superman the Movie Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Christopher Reeve Superman the Movie Premium Format Figure -part 2

So this forum should consist of...
'I like it, ordered' 'Don't like it, pass' with no discussion about why people reached that decision?

That would make an awesome forum...

24-7 internet clowns go ga-ga overboard on a certain item and chastise anyone who disagrees with them and then when it's time to pony up money for said item suddenly the item isn't really THAT nice and they really don't have THAT kind of money anyway and they aren't THAT big of a fan of the character and... :lol

Spidey's Son is dealing with some medical issues so Spidey has slowed down his collecting (this was not originally on his radar but that is besides the point)

We are not going to all like the same thing, but we are all entitled to our opinion. And if someone doesn't like a certain piece, they aren't necessarily being a "whiner" about it. Just like if somebody says a piece is a homerun. To that person, it very well could be. They are free to think that.

That's the Fact Jack!!!
stripes155.jpeg.jpg

'I like it, ordered' 'Don't like it, pass' with no discussion about why people reached that decision?

I don't think that was what he was saying...

Why does every single thread turn into this? Some people like it, great! Go buy it and enjoy the hell out of it. Some people don't like it, great! Don't buy and use your money on what you would enjoy. Everybody wins. Kinda sad to see so many threads go in the same direction over and over again..

I think some people somehow take it as a personal attack when someone says they don't like something they like. Same thing happens when people share opinions about movies.

some people need to have a good look and rethink their lives if arguing ENDLESSLY about the pose of a statue seems important to them.

I will take it a step further and say that people need to have a good look and rethink their lives if they are posting on a forum about statues... ;) :)

Spidey just to make sure you know I am not coming at you.... You are just someone I know I can disagree with and not get a bunch of Horse crap back from.

I really would love it if they changed the pose. It's not because it's not "movie accurate" I would not like it if it was for a comic character... Or perhaps it's not as much the pose but the execution of the pose. It just really looks bad to my eyes.

But I can understand why CR fans would be upset about it not being film accurate also.. I would have been furious if they made the Conan the Barbarian film PF in the same pose as the new Conan "rage of the Undying" pose. I would have been like WTF!!!

But I think with this CR Superman pose most would be forgiving of it not being "film accurate" if it was better executed. It's really not that far from being film accurate as his legs are always in that position when he is about to land.

As for the head sculpt... I am sure it will look better at SDCC. The one banner photo that I put up shows that it a nice sculpt. I don't know if I would have choose that expression but it's good enough that if I even "liked" the pose I would have POed this in a second.

My man you and I are ALWAYS good. I am going to say that I totally see where the concerns are coming from, but in the end I think a lot of people are going to be totally surprised by this one. I HONESTLY, think that this looks GREAT for the most part.... These two pics give me confidence.

83140a3df2258f1b2eb3b560a9d09672_zpsa99ab0ad.jpg

3c99c2e3cbfab4bd3bddf3d8a4ca6d22_zps979674bc.jpg

I REALLY think this looks great. If I had enough disposible income I would be getting this.

Wait- you're not even getting the figure?? Classic Internet Forum Shenanigans! :lol :clap

24-7 internet clowns go ga-ga overboard on a certain item and chastise anyone who disagrees with them and then when it's time to pony up money for said item suddenly the item isn't really THAT nice and they really don't have THAT kind of money anyway and they aren't THAT big of a fan of the character and... :lol

As I said if I can get a Supes it will be the Comic PF to go along with my Batman PF. However, this looks GREAT to me.

Spidey's Son is dealing with some medical issues so Spidey has slowed down his collecting (this was not originally on his radar but that is besides the point)

Thanks m8

Not what I'm saying at all. I have no problem stating I think the pose is awkward and the sculpt is not quite there. For those that are getting him, great. I'm glad you like him. Some people just get relentlessly attacked for saying "I like it," or "I don't like it." There is plenty of room for discussion with a respectful tone. Instead, some just bash others over an opinion - that to me, just doesn't make sense.

We Agree on that second photo... I respectfully disagree on that first one :)

We Agree on that second photo... I respectfully disagree on that first one :)

I like the arch of his back in the first one... I feel like it gives him a sense of movement.

Not what I'm saying at all. I have no problem stating I think the pose is awkward and the sculpt is not quite there. For those that are getting him, great. I'm glad you like him. Some people just get relentlessly attacked for saying "I like it," or "I don't like it." There is plenty of room for discussion with a respectful tone. Instead, some just bash others over an opinion - that to me, just doesn't make sense.
No worries. Everyone deserves respect as long as they also give.
For the record, I don't collect DC and I think the portrait looks pretty bad.

Much better than the other shot, agreed.
We all know what lighting can do for a piece but so do the guys taking these proto shots. Dare I say 'Photoshop'.

Anyway as I'm not interested in this particular statue I'll leave it at that. As with every SS piece, I hope they deliver.
I'm just here for the entertainment value :wink1:

Much better than the other shot, agreed.
We all know what lighting can do for a piece but so do the guys taking these proto shots. Dare I say 'Photoshop'.

Anyway as I'm not interested in this particular statue I'll leave it at that. As with every SS piece, I hope they deliver.
I'm just here for the entertainment value :wink1:

It does make an interesting read.

I do get that. I really do. BUT whenever a piece goes up there is a chance people won't lime it, and as much as this was going to be people's "grail", it just isn't what they want. It isn't personal though, and this looks a lot like the initial tease, and I didn't hear EVWRYONE ripping it apart then.

d5e9371dff650ac867c6c2716cab4397_zps722c4300.jpg

Where was that photo from?? The video?? Seems like they just used the Hot Toys photo as inspiration in that sketch.

htsupermanpr10.jpg

BTW I probably would have PO this if they used that sort of pose.

htsupermanpr10.jpg

Wow!! I would have definitely PO'd the statue if that was how it came out. Oh well, as I stated earlier SSC will find other ways to get my money.

Where was that photo from?? The video?? Seems like they just used the Hot Toys photo as inspiration in that sketch.

htsupermanpr10.jpg

BTW I probably would have PO this if they used that sort of pose.

Actually never seen that shot JAWS ... You are totally right of course. That was obviously their reference.

I wanted to order this, but I just couldn't do it. The more I look at it the more I am bothered by the black base, oh well I've decided to pass on this (at least for now). Maybe in hand pics will change my mind, we'll see.

Back