Premium Format Christopher Reeve Superman the Movie Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Christopher Reeve Superman the Movie Premium Format Figure -part 2

And on a side note, Facebook is destroying this piece with negative feedback! With all the negative response on this on the forums, Facebook and other online sources, I'd love to see Sideshow comment back to the fans about it.

And on a side note, Facebook is destroying this piece with negative feedback! With all the negative response on this on the forums, Facebook and other online sources, I'd love to see Sideshow comment back to the fans about it.

:lol with what? You know what they'd say. "don't like it? Don't buy it."

:exactly: :lol I'm one of those that doesn't really mind the sculpt/pose. Its just the black base that gets me but then I can always get that modded/customised at a later date...

Your more thank likely right. If I however were the CEO I'd be interested in how my consumer viewed my product, and with that... I would comment on something such as this.

But then again, they didn't say anything about Rogue-Gate either. So production on Chess Piece Superman is surely full steam ahead.

Easy pass. HT is laughing at SS sculpt right bout now

Seems like they could have just built the base into the dam. Not sure why they decided to go this route and raise the overall size of this piece. One thing we can always count on SS for - some bewildering design decisions.

Couldn't agree more Slynger :exactly:

The more I look at that base the more I think it is cantalevered to keep him from going over, but I am sure then could have found a more artistic way to do it.

Remember people... The ONLY way we change things is with our wallets. Don't order this mess just because...

If we hit 'em in their wallets then they may (just may) reconsider doing something about it.

Your more thank likely right. If I however were the CEO I'd be interested in how my consumer viewed my product, and with that... I would comment on something such as this.

But then again, they didn't say anything about Rogue-Gate either. So production on Chess Piece Superman is surely full steam ahead.

Well, first of all you are right about the only way to send a message is to do so with you wallet. However, what if people who aren't on these forums, or who don't follow this stuff on FB, are ordering this despite everyone's indignation? Then SSC has the mandate to get this done. Could there be changes to this piece?? Yeah I assume it is possible, but I have never heard a CONFIRMED case of them changing a piece because the fans lost their ****. GL did get a light up base and hand, but we don't know if that wasn't already on the drawing board when it went up for PO. Roguegate was because of QC issues when it came to the and GOOGLY EYES for the most part, and they tried their best to fix that, though I know the butt guys were disappointed. So if they DO respond to this what are the outcomes .

A) NOTHNG: they say don't like it we aren't forcing you to buy it. They produce it and the chips fall as they may. Future grail because of a possibly low ES or a giant pepper weight. I don't think we would know for sure until we saw inhand pics and reviews. (this is if this is selling okay, and they don't see any real impact)
B)MINOR TWEAKS: they go back to this and work on some things, but only making small changes to the headsculpt/paint job and minor proportion fixes. Maybe the base get changed (sales are slow, but there is hope minor changes will help)
C)MAJOR OVERHAUL: they go back to the drawing board completely. Spending loads more money on development, and risk making another product that the Reeve faithful will STILL hate and vow not to buy or that will blow everyone's socks off. Either way it is a risky move, and it would lead to more and more people complaining about various pieces because "it worked for the CR Superman :lecture". If that isn't Pandorah's box I don't know what is. Oh and don't forget the YEARS delay (sales are totally anemic and they need something BIG)
D)SCRAP IT ENTIRELY AND NEVE COME BACK: Possibly their safest and least annoying option for SSC. This becomes one of THOSE pieces that EVERYONE asks SSalex about "when are you going to revisit this", and in the end they just NEVER DO because they are annoyed, don't want to insult a premier sculptor, AMS it isn't worth the hassle to ever TRY to please the rabidly faithful.

In the end I think A is the most likely, with B being closely behind. D is the next on my list, with C being a DISTANT fourth.

I hate the G word... If no one buys this because it came out terrible and Sideshow decides to only make 100 of em, does that make it a grail to you simply because of a low ES??

A grail is an outstanding product (as far as the majority is concerned) coupled with a very low ES. Thus making it desirable to begin with... This piece, I'm sure we can all agree, is neither. Safe to assume they're gonna make thousands and it looks like its a design flop.

To me, a grail is something you have sought after long and hard (either an existing piece, or some theoretical piece that doesn't exist yet). It's the piece you really want most, more than any other in your collection. For me, edition size doesn't necessarily have much to do with it. But it depends on how far you want to take the analogy. There was only one Holy Grail in most fictional accounts I'm aware of, and they may or may not have had magical powers. So, if you want to use, say, the Indiana Jones version of the Holy Grail as your point of comparison, an item should have an edition size of one, it should be something you have a very difficult time obtaining, and you should become forever young when you use it.

Could there be changes to this piece?? Yeah I assume it is possible, but I have never heard a CONFIRMED case of them changing a piece because the fans lost their ****. GL did get a light up base and hand, but we don't know if that wasn't already on the drawing board when it went up for PO.

Light-up base was there from day one. They only added the light-up hand after quite a few months.

I don't know if Sideshow would ever risk going all the way back to the drawing board on a piece, but I do think its possible for them to change some things up that get criticized enough. Here is what SSAlex said over at StatueForum when asked about fans getting Sideshow to manipulate a piece that is already up for pre-order:

Honestly the best outlet would be right here in the forums as there are many eyes that wander in from time to time but never comment (but I cannot guarantee that any changes would ever occur to a piece no matter what route a person or group would take in order to petition for something to change).

I can only assume Sideshow must know of the general distaste of this piece from the forums and their Facebook page. She said there is no guarantee that a product would change because of what a group says or a petition says, but maybe a petition wouldn't be such a bad idea. I can't recall a piece that has been this bombarded by negative comments ever, and I have been following Sideshow long before I joined the forums here. I do sometimes see a pattern of some people always complaining over distastes in new pieces, but I have never seen it this bad. Maybe someone should make a poll to sift through all of the comments and see who is already buying the piece, and who would be willing to buy the piece if changes were made.

Please know I mean no disrespect if you love this piece the way it is, I am not trying to bash you in anyway, I am just making my statements based on the overall reaction that I am seeing.

I hate the G word... If no one buys this because it came out terrible and Sideshow decides to only make 100 of em, does that make it a grail to you simply because of a low ES??

A grail is an outstanding product (as far as the majority is concerned) coupled with a very low ES. Thus making it desirable to begin with... This piece, I'm sure we can all agree, is neither. Safe to assume they're gonna make thousands and it looks like its a design flop.

No we can't ALL agree, that is the thing that some here can't get unfortunately. Some actually like this, and in the end it could surprise many

No we can't ALL agree, that is the thing that some here can't get unfortunately. Some actually like this, and in the end it could surprise many
Yes, there are probably a few people who do, the ones who buy anything SS puts out no matter what. The rest of us are not happy and this figure deserves better, period. Big props to them if they change it, but after reading the P2 Pred thread where they ruined that piece too and won't change it I don't have high hopes for this one.

Yes, there are probably a few people who do, the ones who buy anything SS puts out no matter what. The rest of us are not happy and this figure deserves better, period. Big props to them if they change it, but after reading the P2 Pred thread where they ruined that piece too and won't change it I don't have high hopes for this one.

OR they just LIKE it:slap... The same way you don't. I am not saying you have to like it, but you don't have to be insulting to those that do.

Lol, yes the 100 or so comments on their facebook page really shows its a majority. You do realize the amount of people that collect these things dwarfs the amount if people complaining at this point?

You want something changed you're going to have to organize something better than a half of a percentage point.

Complaining about this in an official capacity would be difficult I would imagine due to the involvement of the Foundation.

Who are Sideshow's execs going to worry about pleasing more? A relative handful of guys on social media or the trustees of a foundation allowing the licensing of image rights etc? I would imagine this has been developed with input from the Foundation and if the trustees have greenlit the prototype piece, then that is what will be released.

With the Foundation the issues of payment could be tricky. Who is to say that the company haven't already made a donation to the foundation with the non refundable deposits gathered last week. If they scratch this PF out, they would need to refund people like me. Do they lose the money from their own account or do they tell people they made the donation and stick to the deposit being non refundable?

Who knows what they are going to do. I still think the SDCC piece will be given the best paint app possible to combat the concerns of many. The pose and base I can't see them changing at all as it will be alongside the agreements and ticked boxes from the licensor.

This is enough to make you wish they had previewed it long before the preorder window so all necessary input could be gathered and changes made.

Hindsight is a wonderful gift...

The nerd rage is strong with this one. I hope they change nothing.

Who cares about Facebook :lol

Facebook is for girls.

Back