Christopher Nolan's Tenet (August 12th, 2020)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This movie only exists cause Nolan had a cool image in his head of some stuff flying around backwards while other stuff kept moving forwards.

This.

I kind of liked the movie but as as I started to think about it I started to realize just how kinda.. well dumb it all was.. Then a-dev put that Pitch meeting video up and I was like.. Yep thats almost exactly what I was thinking :lol

Its a well made / great looking movie. Kind of predictable. I cant think of a reason to revisit it.

Amazing set pieces- in a film bogged down by over explanation and "gee whiz how cool and cutting edge" it can trumpeting.
Really Nolan's agenda gone wrong- should have tried for Bond but then again do you want this kind of stuff in a Bond?

I think he's kinda looking for something new to grab onto now that his superhero phase apparently is long gone and no longer fashionable.

His next movie will probably be alot lower budget in a different t genre...hard to say.

Understood it somewhat, kind of dumb, answers just leads to more questions, terrible audio for the dialogue... I regret spending money on this and usually I love Nolan movies.

I finally watched this film, and first and foremost I was entertained and found it enjoyable. I actually dug the story and liked the characters. Also, the score is top notch and so suiting to the film and sequences.

I subsequently skimmed a few reviews, and stumbled upon this video, I think it summarizes one issue I had with the film (but not too detrimental for me).

Yes.

Yes it was.

An enormous, mushy turd that gives you awful stomach cramps and just refuses to exit your colon.

In other words, I did not enjoy it.

I finally watched this over the weekend, and yeah, a turd is indeed a very fitting description for my experience with it. After all, a turd is the end result of digestible material being broken down and transformed into undesirable waste.

For me, the concepts in this movie were so full of nourishing potential, but were moved through with plot logic so inconsistent with itself that the end result is just broken apart and repulsive remnants of what had been so full of conceptually fresh and nutritive energy. A turd. That's so perfect! Beautifully done, jye! :clap

But now reading through this thread, some here seem to insist that the plot logic works just fine. If that's the case, I must've missed a ton of details.

If Kat saw herself jump off the boat, then the Sator she's returning to on that boat had already been killed. But if she remembers seeing a lady jump off the boat, yet keeps living with a very alive Sator after she gets onboard, then two different realities are playing out simultaneously. If Sator's death on that boat is supposed to represent a nexus point for branching realities, then Sator has to be dead in one of them when Kat gets aboard. She'd eventually realize he's gone permanently missing and get on with her life - including taking care of her son. But the Kat who murdered Sator will still be around too, and wanting a life with that same son.

At the end of the movie, Kat #2 is the one picking the kid up from school. Well, where's Kat #1? If there was no Sator to shoot her, then she wouldn't go missing at any point by being taken into the inversion portal. And if there is a Sator (some alternate one to make the causal loop logic work), then how does Kat #2 avoid him all that time?

Then there's more nitpicky questions of why oxygen conversion being reversed would be a problem, but not gravitational problems from an inverse spin and orbit. And how are sound waves being projected forward from inverted people to non-inverted ears? It seems this stuff is *supposed to* make sense since Nolan spends so much time providing exposition on the logistics and "science" of this world he designed. And that's why it's a problem for me.

I finally watched this film, and first and foremost I was entertained and found it enjoyable. I actually dug the story and liked the characters. Also, the score is top notch and so suiting to the film and sequences.

I subsequently skimmed a few reviews, and stumbled upon this video, I think it summarizes one issue I had with the film (but not too detrimental for me).

Is it ironic that I've just woken up from a 15 minute nap after starting this video?

I enjoyed it, I think they needed to slow it down a min though at the end to let the real twist sink in with Neil and the Protagonist saying their goodbyes.

You can see the Protagonist's eyes swell up with tears but they just appear out of nowhere. Need to let it sink in Nolan. Damn. Rushed it.

such a dumb movie. perfect for petentious A-holes

I watched it only recently and I can say that due to the Pandemic we were not able to evaluate this film.

Saw the film. Couple of cool sequences, but overly complicated timey-wimey stuff, moved too fast to let anything sink in, trash sound mixing, ultimately forgettable.

So no one here was at all feeling the soundtrack and the goosebumps they got when the sound was being played over the action sequences?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back