Christopher Nolan's Tenet (August 12th, 2020)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You don't have to rethink TPM on whether you like it or not, but I do appreciate that Lucas was able to give his 100% uncompromised vision even if that led to a movie that went spectacularly off the rails in many cases. Compared to AOTC and ROTS where he was clearly making attempts at damage control with the backpedaling on Jar Jar screen time and Midichlorian talk and replacing them with safe fan service moves like a guy who wears Boba Fett armor, Wookiees, and what have you.

Very true. It's my least favorite of the 9, but I can definitely respect the lack of pandering and appeasing to audience expectations and desires. You make great points about the other two PT movies, but they still carry enough of that uncompromising sensibility that they qualify for me. I've finally dismissed the entire trilogy from my personal canon, but I still don't want to see anyone else try to tell a different version of Anakin Skywalker's saga. It is what it is, and true enough to the authentic vision. That matters more to me fundamentally.

As far as the most polarizing films of all time good question, though I'm sure TLJ is tops at this point. IM3 is probably the number #1 contender from the MCU and then the entirety of the Snyderverse for DC, lol.

Yeah, Snyder certainly has a penchant for polarizing DC movies. :lol

Oh wait, we can't just do terrible movies...

This is hard...

:lol Yeah, I'm struggling. Godfather III came to mind, but despite its Best Picture nomination, I don't think it's polarizing. More just a question of how disappointing was it. I'm sure there's at least one obvious example that is escaping me right now. It'll almost certainly be a sequel to some universally loved film.

I'd put Prometheus in the conversation, but not enough people would go to bat for it, so that doesn't work.

Dammit.

:lol Yeah, I'm struggling. Godfather III came to mind, but despite its Best Picture nomination, I don't think it's polarizing. More just a question of how disappointing was it. I'm sure there's at least one obvious example that is escaping me right now. It'll almost certainly be a sequel to some universally loved film.

Yeah, either a sequel to a beloved film or an adaptation of a beloved property. Then you get into the territory of films that are polarizing because they are enjoyed by normies but hated by hardcore fans (Bayformers) or loved ONLY by hardcore fans and hated by normies (Twilight movies.)

You don't have to rethink TPM on whether you like it or not, but I do appreciate that Lucas was able to give his 100% uncompromised vision even if that led to a movie that went spectacularly off the rails in many cases. Compared to AOTC and ROTS where he was clearly making attempts at damage control

AOTC and ROTS were attempts at damage control? :lol

AOTC and ROTS were attempts at damage control? :lol

I know right?? :lol :lol

Joe Pesci's impression of George trying to put out the fires of TPM by releasing AOTC, lol:

bdff9fe5cf826552b6aa873f0de392df.gif

Lucas and Snyder explain their movies like they are trying to sell you snake oil.

Back