Premium Format Christian Bale Batman Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, they will mail out a new statue,/replacement part first. If it meets your satisfaction they will then ask you to smash the defective statue and take pictures of it. After you email the pictures back and they feel it was destroyed properly, you can then throw it out or do whatever you want to do with a smashed up statue.

I see. I knew that they sent out separate parts first but I will be asking for a whole new statue since I don't know if the problem is the base...the statue or both. I hope they can still send me the whole thing first so I can pick and choose. I know they were giving issues with that when I asked for a whole new Boba Fett piece so I can pick and choose and return the one I don't want. Hopefully this time they'll be more open to this.

I seriously doubt they'll offer an exchange on that half millimeter gap at the front of the foot, maybe a small credit. To be honest, I think that looks 100% better than it did before you worked on the inside of the peg hole. If it were me, and I figure I'm one of the pickiest people on this forum, I'd be happy with what you did.

The replacement might close that tiny gap, but I guarantee you'll find something else you don't like about it, and it will probably be something someone will notice like a big scratch on the head or a glob of polystone on an arm that got painted over. There will be something wrong with all of them, so the goal as far as I've ever felt about it, is to find one you can accept. The perfect statue is a unicorn, and anyone who tells you they have a perfect one is just not looking hard enough or has standards that should be the envy of all of us nitpickers.

Just my two cents.

I seriously doubt they'll offer an exchange on that half millimeter gap at the front of the foot, maybe a small credit. To be honest, I think that looks 100% better than it did before you worked on the inside of the peg hole. If it were me, and I figure I'm one of the pickiest people on this forum, I'd be happy with what you did.

The replacement might close that tiny gap, but I guarantee you'll find something else you don't like about it, and it will probably be something someone will notice like a big scratch on the head or a glob of polystone on an arm that got painted over. There will be something wrong with all of them, so the goal as far as I've ever felt about it, is to find one you can accept. The perfect statue is a unicorn, and anyone who tells you they have a perfect one is just not looking hard enough or has standards that should be the envy of all of us nitpickers.

Just my two cents.

Very well said! Thank you.

True.. but if you send the photos of how the statue looked before you somewhat fixed it ..then again they'll probably just tell you you're not pushing down hard enough. Someone had the same issue with the Wolverine PF and they gave him a hard time.

Did you ever contact SS?

Just made a softer cape,wire cape is coming soon
df49c8b8b89fe50246288d7ae36cd93e.jpg

089392281357877dcab89e5aef1bc3e2.jpg

96e5a04d9bb4dab8588ded0f7bbf718b.jpg

从我的 iPhone 发送,使用 Tapatalk

北京国安;8878409 said:
Just made a softer cape...

Much more low-profile around the shoulders, and it drapes nicely. Nice. Wires will be a must to keep the cape back, and not covering his right leg.

For me, the outer material on the SS cape is reasonable... ish. However, by not doubling it up, they draw more attention to the inside grey canvas-like material and not the textured outer. This is a huge oversight.

Much more low-profile around the shoulders, and it drapes nicely. Nice. Wires will be a must to keep the cape back, and not covering his right leg.

For me, the outer material on the SS cape is reasonable... ish. However, by not doubling it up, they draw more attention to the inside grey canvas-like material and not the textured outer. This is a huge oversight.

Shame have to hope others make a custom cape for a near $500.00 premium format figure.

Have many of you seen this video, which I now realize someone posted before?

And I thought my head was bad, the paint job around the cowl area line of the face on the regular head is horrible! :horror

I got my replacement today and the nose tip has the paint scratched off it and thus, I was thinking of getting yet another replacement, but after seeing this video I think I will keep my replacement considering what else could go wrong! :thud:

Last edited:
Got mine yesterday. Paint around the face on the head seemed okay on mine. Got a streak of black paint on the back right leg. It's not too bad and the cape obscures it. Not sure if I'll do anything about that or not.

Got mine yesterday. Paint around the face on the head seemed okay on mine. Got a streak of black paint on the back right leg. It's not too bad and the cape obscures it. Not sure if I'll do anything about that or not.
Got a pic?

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Agreed. However seems par for the course these days... corners are cut. And they shouldn't be.

They indeed cut corners. I dont know if it was the chinese factory that made the decision. But the seams that hold the wires in, are glued instead of stitched. Thats why people are complaining that the wires are sticking out. I asked for a replacement, and when I tried to putz around with the wiring on the replacement cape, the glue started pealing off from the seams, and it just kept going up the seam line. They stitched the center area of the cape, but they couldnt stitch the seam lines that hold in the wire? Its unbelievable. I hope someone does a custom cape. If not, Ill probably just find someone to stitch the seam line.

Mine arrived today. Overall, mine is in excellent condition. The only issue I had was a scratch and mark on the Sonar head (which is a big deal since this IS the exclusive). I've contacted Sideshow about it and hopefully they can get me a replacement. Again, besides that, I am very happy with the statue.

Wow, that's so cool. Does it attach to the statue in the same fashion as the original cape? And any pics of how the wired cape looks when it's neutral and not in a fixed position?

Wow, that's so cool. Does it attach to the statue in the same fashion as the original cape? And any pics of how the wired cape looks when it's neutral and not in a fixed position?

attach to the statue in the same way. The cape comes in flat when deliver, once posed, it stay in that posed shape until you pose it differently. more details on Facebook.com/dandymei

Back