Premium Format Christian Bale Batman Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey guus--what do you all think of the painted eyes on this piece? Pretty good? I never liked the eyes on the 1:1 bust, but I realize it's a much bigger piece so the eyes are much more noticeable.

But since it's the same character in 1/4 form here, I'm curious what the consensus is when you have it in person.

Sideshow is sending me a new cape.. very easy to deal with this time around ..could be because I got the same rep as the one I used two weeks ago for another issue I had on a previous statue.

Just wondering how did you contact them, did you email them or call them?

No questions asked, no refunds/partial credits offered like they usually try to push.. just a message saying a new cape is on the way :cool:

Oh so that is the their usual response? I find it strange that they would rather offer credit then just simply replace a damaged part? Guess that is because they probably have to open up other statues and get parts from them to replace the damaged ones and they are probably reluctant to do that.

Hey guus--what do you all think of the painted eyes on this piece? Pretty good? I never liked the eyes on the 1:1 bust, but I realize it's a much bigger piece so the eyes are much more noticeable as they appear very small.

But since it's the same character in 1/4 form here, I'm curious what the consensus is when you have it in person.

The eyes appear to be painted quite good but not to the detailed level of Hot Toys but they have some black straight lines, radiating from the pupil to the outer rim. Not to mention they are looking in the same direction.

Anyway a picture tells a thousand words.

What you have to take into account also is that because the eyes are squinting, you can barely see them, so even if they were painted bad I doubt you would notice them that much as they are quite small.

Last edited:
Just wondering how did you contact them, did you email them or call them?

Oh so that is the their usual response? I find it strange that they would rather offer credit then just simply replace a damaged part? Guess that is because they probably have to open up other statues and get parts from them to replace the damaged ones and they are probably reluctant to do that.

I filled out the request form for parts/exchange/refund on their website. They've been pretty good lately with answering emails within a day or two.

Youll never believe the response they gave me for my Wolverine PF.. the attachment arm was sitting a little loose leaving a gap so I asked for a new replacement arm.. this was after coming to the conclusion that it was the magnet area around the arm and not the body..my switch out Ex arm fit perfect. Anyway their first response was "Oh, that sometimes happens with our statues here at production, our team just uses some putty to make the connection tighter..try using some putty" What? Lol, my second response was No, I shouldn't have to rig something that isnt the way it should be, please send another arm. They sent a new arm but the paint was so mismatched I settled for a credit instead, they sent a new arm and the brown paint was more of a cherry brown compared to my old arm and rest of statue that used more of a mocha brown..the replacement was also heavily glossed which the rest of my statue wasnt.. everything was so mismatched. I know these are individually hand painted and each guy has his own technique/style but you would think they would stick to using the same paint codes when it comes to color and finish. I asked for a third arm but they said it'll probably also just look mismatched. It's not a terrible gap so I can live with it, or fix it myself one day.

While I've had a bad track record with quality, customer service has always been great at 'trying' to resolve my problems. Always friendly too.

Hey guus--what do you all think of the painted eyes on this piece? Pretty good? I never liked the eyes on the 1:1 bust, but I realize it's a much bigger piece so the eyes are much more noticeable.

I think the portrait came at great on this, with the statue being mainly black there's not much going on paint wise so having the portrait turn out good was a relief.. skin tones look great.. very life like and realistic.

=Darkavatar;8858905]No problem Bro, you thinking of picking this up?
I'm definitely thinking about picking it up. There are a few other pieces I'm interested in too, so I'm just trying to figure out what to prioritize.

I generally have had a good track record with SS, and have been very lucky with only having to request replacement parts on a few statues. Of the 50+ pieces I've ordered from them over the last 2 years alone, I've only had to return one. This will be the second. Here's a few pics.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

I filled out the request form for parts/exchange/refund on their website. They've been pretty good lately with answering emails within a day or two.

Ok I did the same, they got back to me with the credit response, which I politely declined.

Youll never believe the response they gave me for my Wolverine PF.. the attachment arm was sitting a little loose leaving a gap so I asked for a new replacement arm.. this was after coming to the conclusion that it was the magnet area around the arm and not the body..my switch out Ex arm fit perfect. Anyway their first response was "Oh, that sometimes happens with our statues here at production, our team just uses some putty to make the connection tighter..try using some putty" What? Lol, my second response was No, I shouldn't have to rig something that isnt the way it should be, please send another arm.

That is just terrible advice, but TBH nothing Sideshow says surprizes me.

They sent a new arm but the paint was so mismatched I settled for a credit instead, they sent a new arm and the brown paint was more of a cherry brown compared to my old arm and rest of statue that used more of a mocha brown..

How much did they credit your account by?

the replacement was also heavily glossed which the rest of my statue wasnt.. everything was so mismatched. I know these are individually hand painted and each guy has his own technique/style but you would think they would stick to using the same paint codes when it comes to color and finish. I asked for a third arm but they said it'll probably also just look mismatched. It's not a terrible gap so I can live with it, or fix it myself one day.

Wow what a nightmare, the trouble is even if you fix it, it would be hard to sell later on.

While I've had a bad track record with quality, customer service has always been great at 'trying' to resolve my problems. Always friendly too.

It's too bad they can't be friendly and fix that situation you had with them as well regarding the Wolverine statue.

I'm definitely thinking about picking it up. There are a few other pieces I'm interested in too, so I'm just trying to figure out what to prioritize.

Well if u decide to pick him try and see if u can see it in hand first.

I generally have had a good track record with SS, and have been very lucky with only having to request replacement parts on a few statues. Of the 50+ pieces I've ordered from them over the last 2 years alone, I've only had to return one. This will be the second. Here's a few pics.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

OMG that's so horrible, you asking for a replacement or a refund?

Last edited:
I meant the fact that he bought 50+ pieces from Sideshow in two years.

The last two or so years has sped up and has been pretty crazy with UPS packages arriving, but it's not as many as I made it out to be, as nearly half of that were Hot Toys. Sorry to sound misleading, as Hot Toys defects are astonishingly low in my experience. As for the in-house pieces from SS, I've been pretty lucky despite some of the notorious QC plagued pieces. Beautiful piece as this Bale PF, my luck was bound to run out sometime though.

Guys...does this look right? I've exerted about 40 pounds of pressure trying to put his foot into a peg and this is the best I got. It's still showing the peg. To take it out...I almost go red in the face pulling on his foot. It's beyond tight... I mean....I have to use my whole body weight while holding my breath trying to push this in and this is what I got.........

Is this normal or do I have an issue.....?

Batman2.jpg

I'd say you have a problem. You can try sanding the foot peg or greasing the foot peg Or if you're up to it, contact Sideshow and get a replacement.

Also check the hole to make sure nothing is jammed in there interfering..blow it out or poke something in there.

Back