Premium Format Christian Bale Batman Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wondering if I should sell the HT version. I don't think I need both

I'm in the same boot, but I like the options the HT brings as well, so it's a tough choice, will probably end up keeping both, just displaying in different rooms.

Can people who own him post some high and low angle shots please? Thanks in advance.

So, what do you guys think--which piece do you feel captures more of what Bale looked like under the cowl: the Hot Toys 1/4 or the Sideshow PF?

So, what do you guys think--which piece do you feel captures more of what Bale looked like under the cowl: the Hot Toys 1/4 or the Sideshow PF?

This actually depends on two factors: lighting and distance. Close up I would say the PF looks more accurate as it has the squinty eyes Bale has, whereas, the Hot Toys has bulging bug eyes, which Bale clearly doesn't have. However, the bug eyes are not noticeable from a distance, especially when there not so much light on the Hot Toys one due to them being deep set within the cowl and the mouth is more accurate.

So just looking at it on the shelf in dim lighting I would say the Hot Toys one is the most accurate and thus, captures more of what Bale looked like under the cowl. That being said, I prefer the PF because the Cowl sculpt on Hot Toys one just looks too plastic and toyish, despite the realistic paint job on the face plates. Not to mention the fact that the likeness on the PF sculpt looks the same regardless of distance and lighting.

Last edited:
Yeah it is expensive, I used that trick you do with Internet Explorer to get the 10% off discount code, so that got the price down a little and ended up being the exact amount for the NRD. Nevertheless, it still cost over $600 Australian dollars!

Unfortunately everything when converted to the AUD could be considered expensive. Especially if you started collecting when the AUD was higher than the USD.

And once you include shipping from Sideshow this piece is more like $750 AUD. But as I didn't care much for the Exclusive I got mine from Popcultcha for $720 AUD as I get 10% off everything.

The only major downside is that I have to wait awhile until it's finally shipped. Some rare pieces are sent out the same week. But most can be 2-3 months later. Heck I just received the Sideshow R2-D2 and C-3PO on Monday!

Got my Bats today! I dont think I need to post anymore pictures seeing as we've had a few great review videos already, and terrific sets of photos from other members. All I have to say is this statue is fantastic! He's in scale with the other Batman statues. Volume wise, he scales more to Keaton Bats. AA Bats scales more to the Batman mixed media pf. I have no complaints about this statue. And Ill definitely be changing out both headsculpts every so often for a refresher.

14203198_981275891981474_2334990517933830552_n.jpg

Got my Bats today! I dont think I need to post anymore pictures seeing as we've had a few great review videos already, and terrific sets of photos from other members. All I have to say is this statue is fantastic! He's in scale with the other Batman statues. Volume wise, he scales more to Keaton Bats. AA Bats scales more to the Batman mixed media pf. I have no complaints about this statue. And Ill definitely be changing out both headsculpts every so often for a refresher.

14203198_981275891981474_2334990517933830552_n.jpg

Can people who own him post some high and low angle shots please? Thanks in advance.

^^ :huh

... Can people who own him post some high and low angle shots please? Thanks in advance.

Sorry bud, I had to box mine back up due to space issues... Need to sell off a couple to make room. When I get my next statue in (they keep coming despite the limited display space), I'll take some photos for you if nobody has done so by then.

@dw316 - Mine came today but I won't be able to unbox until probably tomorrow. I'll try to remember to take some high/low pics for you.

Got mine today.. glad to say I have no QC issues with this piece.. paint looks great, face/cowl lines are straight ..my only gripe would be with the cape, theres a few spots where the wire tucks behind the fabric that are exposed ..nothing major and an easy fix. It looks like they have the flap glued maybe? ..doesn't look sewed. Overall I'd give the statue a 90% on my QC scale. One interesting thing that I noticed is my belt moves, I know some said its attached to the waist.. when I opened him I noticed the left side of the belt was able to move but the right side was stuck.. I gave it a little wiggle and now the whole belt moves.. I think its positioned fine where it is but I know some felt that the belt was a little too high.. so give it a wiggle and it should free up, might just be stuck when it was painted.

As mentioned we already have some great pics but here's mine. And btw he is in no way under scale, looking at the previous pics I was a little concerned but after unboxing him he fits right in with all my other pieces. I have him near the Wonder Woman PF and he looks spot on.. yes WW is taller cause of her base but physically the DK is bigger.

As with all pieces, its much more impressive in person. (dont mind the cape, didnt position it good until after the photos)
bfee3JH.jpg

I dont know if this is high and low enough for you but its a start until someone puts up some better shots.. I took these before I saw your comment asking for them.

MJY4jFV.jpg

zTnQeTn.jpg

Unfortunately everything when converted to the AUD could be considered expensive. Especially if you started collecting when the AUD was higher than the USD.

True, but even the RRP in US dollars is quite high considering it is nearly $500.

And once you include shipping from Sideshow this piece is more like $750 AUD.

It cost me $640 AUD with the 10% off discount code.

But as I didn't care much for the Exclusive I got mine from Popcultcha for $720 AUD as I get 10% off everything.

May I ask why do you get 10% off everything, Popcultcha is charging $800 for this now. I would have also bought mine from Popcultcha if I didn't care about the EX light up head.

The only major downside is that I have to wait awhile until it's finally shipped. Some rare pieces are sent out the same week. But most can be 2-3 months later. Heck I just received the Sideshow R2-D2 and C-3PO on Monday!

Really that long? I didn't think they were that far behind.

My reg head has paint issues. Got #69 though :yess:

I checked mine again, it isn't just paint issues, the nose tip has been chipped off. This is the last time I will buy a Sideshow piece blindly, it is just not worth it, even if it is an EX. :thud:

Last edited:
Well at least HT's got SS beat on that front.

Yeah this is the second Sideshow piece that I have bought blindly that has paint QC issues and I sent the first Sideshow piece back, which is what I feel like doing with this one even though it's just the head that has the problem as opposed to the whole statue being flawed.

Back