Chewbacca?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Natrix brings up a good point. The POTA figure look great, but it's only the head that has hair. How difficult would it be to mass produce a hairy body? Or would it be a hairy outfit placed on the armored prometheus (like Darth)? Would it be too bulky? Would hair get in the joints or get caught in all his accessories? Would it shed like an Maine Coon cat?

Do you doubt Hot Toys??????

Actually yes, I do doubt Hot Toys! I just got my first Hot Toys figure this weekend and the damn thing's wrist peg broke when I was putting the hand in! I was extremely careful and the tiny little thing just poofed off without any effort at all! So I'm a bit sour towards Hot Toys now!:mad:

So while they do make incredibly detailed and highly accurate pieces, they're not infallible, as I found pages of broken peg threads here.

I'm hoping they'll redeem themselves with the Iron Man I've got coming *fingers crossed*!

Look at sideshow the new PRO body sucks it doesnt even stand. and the head flops around like a rag doo... If sideshow needs to do somthing they have to FIX there current body design because it sucks.

Wait till the flopping vaders and stormies roll in, i just bought there indy 12" and im pretty pissed it doesnt stand. or sit. or anyhthing it just lays there!.

Natrix brings up a good point. The POTA figure look great, but it's only the head that has hair. How difficult would it be to mass produce a hairy body? Or would it be a hairy outfit placed on the armored prometheus (like Darth)? Would it be too bulky? Would hair get in the joints or get caught in all his accessories? Would it shed like an Maine Coon cat?

I imagine it would be a very thin layered suit covered in hair over the body. I think the Hell Boy figure Hot Toys is making has a thin layer over the body. A HT/SS collaboration on this figure is very likely. I was looking at the Stormtrooper and under its specs Hot Toys is listed as one of the artists, so they are doing something with SS.

You better believe I'm gonna use a hairdryer every single time after this incident! All the other parts went in fine, so I didn't feel there was a need for it. But yep, I've used it on a couple of stubborn figures and I swear by the hairdryer!

I imagine it would be a very thin layered suit covered in hair over the body. I think the Hell Boy figure Hot Toys is making has a thin layer over the body. A HT/SS collaboration on this figure is very likely. I was looking at the Stormtrooper and under its specs Hot Toys is listed as one of the artists, so they are doing something with SS.

Hot Toys co-developed the armor and child bodies with Sideshow, so any figure using them will have them credited for that fact.

I already have an idea of what he would come with, his bandolier and bag, bowcaster, the binders from ANH, the long Stormtrooper rifle and the exclusive could come with the Mouse Droid.

I already have an idea of what he would come with, his bandolier and bag, bowcaster, the binders from ANH, the long Stormtrooper rifle and the exclusive could come with the Mouse Droid.

certainly within the realms of possibility with the items you listed. but at this point bowcaster and bandoleers would suit me just fine.....:chew

If they actually announce a Chewie next year, I shall pet my own wookie and post it on You Tube!

I bent my Wookie.

129152447_2fcb2fe1e1.jpg

I predict a PF before a 1/6 since the articulation may be difficult to solve. Or maybe I just want a PF Chewbacca...

They could definitely do a 1/6th Chewie from this. The head is probably the hardest part really, maybe the hands since he's got fur on those also (as opposed to the POTA figures). But the body would be pretty easy. Vader's body is a tall version of the armored body which was made skinny so the armor fits more naturally, so really for Chewie they would just need to make a muscle suit over that and then a fur suit over that and it would work fine. It's easy to put fur into cloth for the suit, not so much the head though.

And if Hot Toys helps (which they most likely will) then it should turn out fine, Hot Toys figures usually end up as good as if not better than the prototypes.

If HT really does dip into 1/6 SW I certainly hope that Chewie and the droids are at the top of the list with a certain droid general a close third.

I think Sideshow can manage the droids on their own with a small ammount of help from HT, but I'd love HT to really get hands on for Grievous.

Back