Chewbacca?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yeah..thats the minus of it..but i'm just ordered the ROTS version..when chewie almost young..and when i see back the movie...i found so many differences between young chewie than the old one...the young one is more thick and shorter than the first trilogy...and as u know it..at the eps,4,5,6..slightly, chewie never gets the same costume..but whatever it is...we all loves wookies...and i still wonder if SS will release the ANH chewbacca..that will be rocks...:rock

Torn . . I hold out hope that HT / SSC will do one . . . if HT go the POTA route then I know it will be better than the one below

Its that hope that stops me spending $150+ on this

P1110194.jpg

Some others completed before being sent out. Some owners can and often do restyle them, that's their choice and it's good they are happy with them. Just saying, take it for what it is. Thanks

Those are your customs? Great work on them, it's an amazing job and you clearly put alot of work into them. I hope my criticisms did not offend.

Yep, those are all done by me and nope, your criticisms don't offend. Generally I get very favorable feedback from whomever I sell too but like I said, often times people restyle their Chewie to their liking. That's great. I always strive to make the buyer happy and if that makes them happy and enjoy their Chewie all the more , great. I do my best to instruct everyone how to do the restyling but I have the advantage of doing many of them and getting the practice in and it does help. Also, in all honesty,they really do look better in hand. It really is difficult to take a good picture of Chewie. The camera likes to play games with his hair, I don't know why but it just does.......Is he perfect, no, but he's pretty damn good considering. I've tried different bodies and cobbled some together and such but it just hasn't done the trick. I'vee seen some other examples others talk about and tried to incorporate someof those ideas but it's tough and nothing has lived up to my standards as yet. You do want him to be able to stand on his own and hold a pose ,don't ya?

Some others completed before being sent out. Some owners can and often do restyle them, that's their choice and it's good they are happy with them. Just saying, take it for what it is. Thanks

Great work Deathstalker. I like the way chewie and yoda look. Chewie looks much taller and slender. Im curious how much do you charge per piece?

Yep, those are all done by me and nope, your criticisms don't offend. Generally I get very favorable feedback from whomever I sell too but like I said, often times people restyle their Chewie to their liking. That's great. I always strive to make the buyer happy and if that makes them happy and enjoy their Chewie all the more , great. I do my best to instruct everyone how to do the restyling but I have the advantage of doing many of them and getting the practice in and it does help. Also, in all honesty,they really do look better in hand. It really is difficult to take a good picture of Chewie. The camera likes to play games with his hair, I don't know why but it just does.......Is he perfect, no, but he's pretty damn good considering. I've tried different bodies and cobbled some together and such but it just hasn't done the trick. I'vee seen some other examples others talk about and tried to incorporate someof those ideas but it's tough and nothing has lived up to my standards as yet. You do want him to be able to stand on his own and hold a pose ,don't ya?

I am 100% happy with mine. These are great figures that fills a big void in a star wars 1/6 collection. Are they perfect, no. Will there ever be a perfect 1/6 chewie, who knows? But these are the closest you can get. That being said, keep an eye out in the for sale section as all my 1/6 star wars are gonna go.:naughty

hi matt...im happy with mine ....thx for it:chew

Is that figure by Hot Toys? It does look really good, and while its not quite there for Chewie its definitely close enough to make me take back my doubts. Although there could still be the face issue as Dave mentioned.

Thanks for the compliments...........That Teen Wolf figure is definitely a very good start for a Chewie. Slimmer body and all. Should be well on the way to an awesome Chewie down the line. From the looks of it the hair should lay nicely and react appropriately when posing him in different positions. :chew

Last edited:
That shows that it is definitely possible and I know Hot Toys would be up for the task. I wish Sideshow would consider collaborating with Hot Toys on this in the near future.

Maybe they will, they colaborated before. Maybe they are and it just shows Hot Toys isn't that much closer than Sideshow...

Back