Chewbacca?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would think, being a joint effort between them, use a modified Vader body (but probably not, as it needs to be thin). Either way I cannot wait to see it now that real hair IS possible in this scale. Wonder if this was given as a way to appease Ape fans and do a test run on mass produced hair in 1/6 scale.

i-sorry.jpg

OMG! Those "Apes" look great. I hope they are able to pull off a production piece that looks that good. At least it gives me hope that a real hair Chewy is possible in 1/6 scale. Now, I just hope that SS does the right thing and definitely involves Hot Toys in the Chewy process. As far as I'm concerned, they can take their time as long as Chewy is as perfect as possible.

Hey you can celebrate Life day, I will celebrate WORLD day. Goddamn wookies trying to impose their holidays on the rest of us. :cuss

:lol

I don't care what it's called as long as Jefferson Starship isn't involved.

And put your pants back on, King. :monkey4

Its one thing to get fur looking right for photography. Its another thing delivering it that way and keeping it that good.

This is going to be a collector's nightmare to keep it looking nice.

Agreed. Prototype's one thing, if they can keep this up in production is another. This and the new faux hair female military figure will be big tests as to how they come out in production, if it's success, a new era is upon us, but we have to wait and see.

It is one thing to put a little fur on a head sculpt and get it to look good.

I would think it is another thing altogether to be able to do a fully covered and fully articulated body, get it to look good and be able to take handling and posing without falling apart. I'm not saying it isn't possible but even if it works out, it is going to be a spendy figure.

Natrix brings up a good point. The POTA figure look great, but it's only the head that has hair. How difficult would it be to mass produce a hairy body? Or would it be a hairy outfit placed on the armored prometheus (like Darth)? Would it be too bulky? Would hair get in the joints or get caught in all his accessories? Would it shed like an Maine Coon cat?

I think this is a sign of hope for Chewbacca in 1/6 with fur, but I don't think we'll see anything sooner than end of 2009.

As Natrix pointed out, it is only sculpted heads with fur at the moment. The method may not work for articulated body parts.

While I don't need amazing poseability out of a Chewbacca, I'd like it to at least be capable of battle poses like the classic promo photos.

Another issue of concern is the face. The Apes have full rubber faces with hair coming off it, the movies that is, Chewie had fur all over his head. How would they go about taming and control the fur around his eyes and mouth and nose is also important.

One step closer.

Back