Greetings from a UK noob!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

judgemebymysize

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
Hey folks, I'm a chap from the UK just getting into the world of SS and HT figures. I'm a huge Star Wars fan and all round nerd, into the usual stuff (books, movies, comics, curry...).

I don't own any figures at all yet (the closest thing I own is the large Black Series Elite Vader toy from the Disney Store with the fabric costume), so here's your chance to lead me down the dark path of collecting!

I am extremely close to pulling the trigger on the Rey/BB8 double pack from Hot Toys for my first piece, as it looks like a great set. I'm also circling the R2-D2 Deluxe 1/6 scale from Sideshow, as I'm digging the range of accessories he comes with and it looks like a good sculpt. I know Hot Toys are bringing out an R2 soon but the Sideshow one looks pretty darn sweet for a lot less cash. The Hot Toys Yoda seems mighty fine, too!

Looking forward chatting with you all on here, and a special hello to my fellow UK residents. Where do you get your figures from, considering that our only choices seem to be Forbidden Planet, eBay, Amazon or other collectors? Are customs import taxes a real pain in the arse, or worth suffering to buy direct from overseas? The R2 I mentioned above is cheaper to buy directly from Sideshow than here (I have a discount code to use), and nowhere has it in stock this side of the Pond.

Cheers!

Hey folks, I'm a chap from the UK just getting into the world of SS and HT figures. I'm a huge Star Wars fan and all round nerd, into the usual stuff (books, movies, comics, curry...).

I don't own any figures at all yet (the closest thing I own is the large Black Series Elite Vader toy from the Disney Store with the fabric costume), so here's your chance to lead me down the dark path of collecting!

I am extremely close to pulling the trigger on the Rey/BB8 double pack from Hot Toys for my first piece, as it looks like a great set. I'm also circling the R2-D2 Deluxe 1/6 scale from Sideshow, as I'm digging the range of accessories he comes with and it looks like a good sculpt. I know Hot Toys are bringing out an R2 soon but the Sideshow one looks pretty darn sweet for a lot less cash. The Hot Toys Yoda seems mighty fine, too!

Looking forward chatting with you all on here, and a special hello to my fellow UK residents. Where do you get your figures from, considering that our only choices seem to be Forbidden Planet, eBay, Amazon or other collectors? Are customs import taxes a real pain in the arse, or worth suffering to buy direct from overseas? The R2 I mentioned above is cheaper to buy directly from Sideshow than here (I have a discount code to use), and nowhere has it in stock this side of the Pond.

Cheers!

:welcome1:

Here's a few UK sellers you might want to check out:

https://www.collectiblesdirect.co.uk

https://www.thegoodthebadandtherobots.co.uk

https://www.planetactionfigures.co.uk

https://www.moviefigures.co.uk

:welcome1: to the :FREAK: show, Judge!
wavesmile.gif

:welcome1: to the forum :wave

As a fellow UK collector I can highly recommend Planet Action Figures and Collectibles Direct for all your 1/6 scale figure needs!! :)

Cheers folks! I only went and bought the Rey and BB-8 set today, so that's my 1/6 scale virginity compromised. They arrive tomorrow and I am very excited!

So my Rey and BB-8 set arrived and the BB-8 doesn't light up :(

At first I thought I had the batteries in the wrong way round, but I tried them in both ways and no joy. They were a right pain in the arse to get in and out too, with his magnetised head.

I've ordered new batteries and they will arrive tomorrow. In the meantime, I packaged the whole figure and box back up again in case I have to return it. I hadn't even gotten to unwrapping Rey or putting the stand together! I'm really hoping the unit isn't faulty, as that would mean a return and replacement. It's only Amazon so that should be straightforward, but it's still not a good start to my new collecting hobby :(

Update: it's the batteries AND the BB-8 itself!

I luckily found some replacement batteries in a shop nearby and just tried those. When I got them in and flicked the switch, only one light came on instead of two. Time to send it all back and see if I have better luck with a whole new set :(

WELCOME in! It's never too late to get started.....except for the cost! I hope you know what you're getting yourself into. Remember this word.....DISCIPLINE.

Back