Chewbacca custom 1/6th WIP ( a 2nd Chewy)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Chewbacca custom 1/6th WIP (New Bandoleer)

Hey Barryo, thanks to your inspiration (and pictures I could use to copy) I took a second crack at my Chewbacca head. I still need to tweak it a bit to get a more "Chewie" shape, but I'm pretty happy with the result :duff

Gotta say I'm bummed I did so much work on the body before you finished yours. Mine has a hell of a time standing as I plugged the legs directly into the Chewbacca feet. I wish I'd thought of your foot mod to retain the ankle articulation :gah:

well looky there............another chewie....:yess:

yea just keep tweaking him.............i brushed and brushed and tweaked as much as i could to get him presentable. might hit the head with a lil water downed black acrylic too in places.
as far as the feet......did you glue them in pretty heavy? i was able to pull mine out as that's how i had him originally but went back & redid. fortunately i kept the leg ankles intact and separated the ankle pins carefully enough to reuse.

I actually forgot I had a 2nd DCD body... so I just went ahead and stole his ankles. I also put some product in his hair today to get him slimmed down a bit.. but I agree you could spend endless hours on this project and still find room for improvement :lol

I will definitley take your suggestion of using black around the head; that would seem to give him a bit more definition. Right now he's just a big block of brown :lol

I actually forgot I had a 2nd DCD body... so I just went ahead and stole his ankles. I also put some product in his hair today to get him slimmed down a bit.. but I agree you could spend endless hours on this project and still find room for improvement :lol

I will definitley take your suggestion of using black around the head; that would seem to give him a bit more definition. Right now he's just a big block of brown :lol

give the binding the fur down with thread a shot too j. ideally the best way is to start with a skeleton base body but since you've already committed (like i did) the thread technique is an easy alternative to slimming him down with pretty good results.

So did you just bind it with thread then to keep it more in control? I wish it was possible to make the suit thinner... but I was barely able to get the thing to turn from being inside out as it was after I sewed it together.

I imagine individually gluing hair on the body could look good; but what a nightmare of a project.

BTW, how visible are the eyes on yours? I noticed last night that the eyes had a bit of a haze on them I assume from the glue. That coupled with the fur and black paint makes them almost impossible to see :huh

So did you just bind it with thread then to keep it more in control? I wish it was possible to make the suit thinner... but I was barely able to get the thing to turn from being inside out as it was after I sewed it together.

I imagine individually gluing hair on the body could look good; but what a nightmare of a project.
yea just wrapped it with some strong thread to slim it up as much as i could then used a dentist's pick to pull the hair back out to cover the thread. yea & no way in hell would i have the patience to glue hair to the body. for myself i would have glue everywhere but where it needed to be.........:lol
BTW, how visible are the eyes on yours? I noticed last night that the eyes had a bit of a haze on them I assume from the glue. That coupled with the fur and black paint makes them almost impossible to see :huh

well on mine i'm pretty sure i put a dab of glue around the eyes & then used a q-tip & hair gel to flatten the fur somewhat and form a bit of a channel. it can be seen rather well actually.

The glue and paint seemed to help a bit... definitely looks a bit better. Sorry for the crap cellphone pic; but I think he looks to have a better shape now and the eyes are a bit easier to see. Although I think I may have sculpted the muzzle too close to the eye to get a much better look :huh

7a32a658.jpg

And for fun, this was him about 1/2 through the furrying process :lol He reminds me of a character from HR Puffenstuff :lol

7cb5d5b4.jpg

i kept looking at what you did to yours vs. what i did with mine & was thinking......"what is so different?"............then it finally dawned on me that you painted his lips and inside his mouth a bit darker than i did.

Yeah, I thought the pink looked a bit too friendly. I think the muzzle on mine might be a bit longer which I think is not working as well as yours.

awsome stuff great job. I just love looking at everyones custom chewbacca 1/6 scale figures.Very cool

Great work, wookiee makers! I have been wanting to do this for a while now and you've really provided some inspiration here! Where are you guys finding this Hasbro suit?
Many thanks,
Nathan

You'll need to buy two of the Collectors Series Chewbacca figures from Kenner. They are awful looking figures, but you can Frankenstein the suits* together to make one good looking one.

*Brinn71©

Great work, wookiee makers! I have been wanting to do this for a while now and you've really provided some inspiration here! Where are you guys finding this Hasbro suit?
Many thanks,
Nathan

yep GB is right.............and if you go with a "suit" be sure to make your base body as thin as possible without compromising the integrity of the body itself. i used the sinestro body which i thought was skinny enough but due to the thickness of the fur liner he still came out kind of plump.
i should have filed/dremmeled him down until he was just toothpick thin......:lol

but good luck & post some pics as you go.

The finished product looks awesome. Well done.

Great work GB :clap....It's probably the only way to get a 1/6 Chewbacca... and although the hasbro ones weren't great....at least they tried...are you listening SSC? :gah:

chewbacca #2...........:panic:

this time around i am thinning the sinestro body down as much as i can. i think it may help with the puffiness of the fur & hopefully this will alleviate me needing to tie the fur down. anyway........it begins.......again.

the horror.......
choo1_zps60e5a150.jpg

choo2_zps3807f47d.jpg

choo3_zps2c2ab524.jpg

i think you can see that quite a bit of the thigh has been taken off.......and in one spot a bit too much.........:lol
but i plan on making this skinny body as slim as possible. hopefully without compromising the sturdiness of it.

Back