[Cheungkinmen's Workbench]~(sculpting 2 painting)~POST#2054 ~ 1/6 Teaser

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: [Cheungkinmen's Workbench]~(From sculpting 2 painting)~POST#1620 MISC Paint work

Those are some amazing paint-ups Johnny! Marty's the best of the lot. :rock

Re: [Cheungkinmen's Workbench]~(From sculpting 2 paiinting)~POST#1620 MISC Paint work

I love your work Johnny your are amazing at what you do:hi5:
Also my amazing angry gringo arrived buddy:1-1:

Re: [Cheungkinmen's Workbench]~(From sculpting 2 painting)~POST#1620 MISC Paint work

That Rey Mysterio looks amazing, great work!

Great marty,myagi and daniel san.
How do you paint the headband on daniel?
Have painted my miyagi but daniel is tricky.
Mysterio is another level that would drive me mental:)

Last edited:
Re: [Cheungkinmen's Workbench]~(From sculpting 2 painting)~POST#1616 Rocky MISC pics

myagi-b.jpg

That is the absolute best paint-up of Arnold from Happy Days I've ever seen. It would look great next to my 1/6th Henry Winkler (Covered in Bees Variant!)

Just put up some pics of my miyagi on my thread.
Gunna have to repaint it after looking at yours again.
You really got that spot on.
Subtlties like the moustache and hair are really top quality.
Makes me want rocky even more now to see in hand.
Also makes me appreciate the skill involved alot more.:)

Thanks everyone for the kind words!

@Sparkstron73: Rey Mysterio was the most time consuming one of the lot, all those details on the mask! :S Almost drove me crazy, haha.

@Hidden Jitsu: Glad Max got there! Thanks so much for your support bud :)

@mishu2nite: Actually, I am not really open for paint work, these have been sitting here for months!, up until last week I was able to paint them :S. I felt bad for having people's sculpts sitting here for that long. hehe.

Great marty,myagi and daniel san.
How do you paint the headband on daniel?
Have painted my miyagi but daniel is tricky.
Mysterio is another level that would drive me mental:)

Wasn't that hard, I just painted the design sculpted on the bandana. As for the little dots, I used a really fine brush and poke them with black paint :p

Wasn't that hard, I just painted the design sculpted on the bandana. As for the little dots, I used a really fine brush and poke them with black paint :p

I tried a couple of times with paint and fine pen but guess I just need to take my time

Amazing paint apps johnny and that rocky figure is up there with the best. Amazing work.

:clap jaw dropping good work JOhnny on all these sculpts. the details on Rey are insane and you made the others look so realistic. :hi5:

Awesome catch Ted. Miyagi looks awesome.

Awesome catch Ted. Miyagi looks awesome.

JOhnny did an awesome job on Miyagi. I hope I can figure out a body to use for Miyagi to do the paintup justice. I'm thinking about modding an enterbay Han for him.

JOhnny did an awesome job on Miyagi. I hope I can figure out a body to use for Miyagi to do the paintup justice. I'm thinking about modding an enterbay Han for him.

Are you displaying him in a Karategi ?

Are you displaying him in a Karategi ?

Yeah, Daniel will be in a gi. I have a khaki outfit ready for Miyagi. Wish more people were into these characters as I would love to see the outfits by rainman's tailor.

Maybe you could get in touch with her and ask her if she's open to doing one ? Maybe, if she's a fan of the movie she might end up doing it and not charge you a one off commission price ?

Worth a shot.

Maybe you could get in touch with her and ask her if she's open to doing one ? Maybe, if she's a fan of the movie she might end up doing it and not charge you a one off commission price ?

Worth a shot.

Good idea Mago, I'll see if anyone can share her contact info with me.

Back