Chakaman's customs, mods and repaints

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It must be the eyes...Danny Glover's role in Lethal Weapon...him with death in his eyes as he went after the bad guys who took his daughter was..bad A. This figure is bad A, as well.

Awesome collection, Chaka. Can I ask your opinion on IG-88? I was seriously diggin on that figure. What's it like, hands on?

Thanks man. IG-88 is a great figure overall. Great detail, great articulation and paint apps. Its a bit fragile and the arm joints are a bit tight, but it doesnt take away from the figure. Im really happy I picked him up.

IG-88 is very menacing in the right pose, really good figure and feels like the sort to have Boba looking over his shoulder

I was chatting with Duane this week and we were discussing Myo, Solomahal and the using of craft fur on them. I mentioned how I didnt like the "roots" of the fur showing on Myo's beard. We talked, shot ideas back and forth and he mentioned possibly dremmeling down into the sculpt and then applying the fur. This way the root pad/seam will not jut out and be seen.

I figured what the heck. If I screw it up, I know where I can get another sculpt. :) So, I dremmeled away along the jawline where I wanted his beard to sit....

DSC07867700x420_zps98aacc2a.jpg

DSC07866700x394_zpsffaa38d7.jpg

I then cut the piece of craft fur to the size I needed and glued it in place. ..

DSC07868700x394_zps2b665c21.jpg

DSC07869700x473_zpsc7c068b3.jpg

Not too bad, this being my first attempt. Im gonna mess around with it some more to get it the way I want it.

Duane, you are freaking genius. You already knew that though didnt you? :hi5:

looking good chris...........want to give it more of a beardy look?.........it's a daring idea but.........take a stiff steel wire brush.......heat the wire......sink into the sculpt at the edges a bit..........take tiny strands of rolled up hair and glue into place. EASY!!!!..........:lecture

well in theory anyway.........:panic:................:lol

looking good chris...........want to give it more of a beardy look?.........it's a daring idea but.........take a stiff steel wire brush.......heat the wire......sink into the sculpt at the edges a bit..........take tiny strands of rolled up hair and glue into place. EASY!!!!..........:lecture

well in theory anyway.........:panic:................:lol

Well, I have tried this and that tonight. I used a wire brush, dremmel, toothbrush and hobby knife. Craft fur sticks to everything except the surface you want it to. All I can say is EF CRAFT FUR!!!!!:gah:

Anyways, I watered down some paint with alcohol and dirtied the beard up a bit. I will post pics here in a minute.

Here are some pics. I have been thinning it out with a hobby knife and steel brush. Long ways to go, but I can see progress. I really need to thin down the chin.

DSC07890700x394_zps5bb63f1a.jpg

DSC07892700x394_zpsb5dfcd6c.jpg

I am pretty happy with this side. I am nowhere near finished though...

DSC07893700x431_zpsc53743ba.jpg

I have been painting with acrylics/rubbing alcohol 50-50 mix. Seems to be doing the treat. It helps the fur lay down a bit. Lots of trial and error going on tonight. :)

Perfect mate, that has worked a treat, Looks very natural.

Keep going , the results you're getting are well worth the effort :clap

Thanks mate, he is getting there. Not the best pictures. I know everyone says this, but it looks much better in person.

Ill try to get some more done on him this week and get going on the outfit. :)

Great idea when I start on mine I'll have to do the same.

Thanks man. :)

Just be prepared to do it several times. Lots of trial and error. Pretty frustrating stuff this craft fur. It sticks to everything EXCEPT what you want it to.

The next custom I work on will NOT have the need for craft fur. I need to give this stuff a rest after I finish with Myo. :)

woooww Chris Myo's whiskers look so cool....

Cheers mate!! :hi5:

Well, I decided to give Hrchek Kal Fas the proper feet. I gave him the feet from my custom Bossk. I just need to paint them the correct color and Im good to go. I am also going to give him some different gloves.

DSC079271000x568_zps6895ed45.jpg

I was also able to do some more work on Myo....

DSC07921600x330_zps5e0d8094.jpg

DSC07918600x300_zps5bb02284.jpg

DSC07919600x352_zps944927c3.jpg

Slowly but surely coming along. :)

Nice job on the Myo beard Chris.

I dont know how you have the patience for craft fur, it would drive me up the wall.

I'm moving house at the minute so all my figures and customs are all packed up and won't be opened for about a month or so. I'll just pretend your stuff is my stuff for the time being!

Keep'em coming Chris...

Cheers guy, much appreciated. :)

SR, wish I could part with the Luke but I am gonna need it for a future custom.

J, you gonna have a nice place to display all your stuff when you get done moving?

...and yes working with craft fur sucks!! Im not looking forward to having to use it on Gotal. :)

yea working with "real fur" is a pain. sometimes the payoff is great other times not so. so far yours looks great.

Cheers guy, much appreciated. :)

SR, wish I could part with the Luke but I am gonna need it for a future custom.

J, you gonna have a nice place to display all your stuff when you get done moving?

...and yes working with craft fur sucks!! Im not looking forward to having to use it on Gotal. :)

We are moving to a "stop gap" solution before we can buy our own place with my own dedicated "man cave" (hopefully in about a year or so).

Until then, I've scouted out a small room in the stop gap place that I can use to work on Customs and have a small display.

Can't wait to see you do Gotal, one condition though, at some point you have to show us a pic of all the craft glue stuck to your hands and fingers! That stuff just sticks to eveything it shouldn't.

yea working with "real fur" is a pain. sometimes the payoff is great other times not so. so far yours looks great.

Thanks man. I would imagine doing a custom that uses large pieces would be a bit easier than using strands and very small pieces. I bet I spent 3-5 hours working on Myo's beard. Its tedious but worth it.

We are moving to a "stop gap" solution before we can buy our own place with my own dedicated "man cave" (hopefully in about a year or so).

Until then, I've scouted out a small room in the stop gap place that I can use to work on Customs and have a small display.

Can't wait to see you do Gotal, one condition though, at some point you have to show us a pic of all the craft glue stuck to your hands and fingers! That stuff just sticks to eveything it shouldn't.

Thats cool. I have been in the "stop gap" situation before. It sucks having to pack up, move, pack up, move. It especially sucks with collectibles. It sure makes you appreciate it when you finally do have your own space.

I wish I knew you wanted to see craft fur all over the place. I should have taken some pics friday night. My hands looked like "Teen Wolf". :D

Back