Chakaman's customs, mods and repaints

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You should X, they are fantastic. I must warn you though, you wont be able to stop at just one. :)

Im starting to put together Garon Nas Tal's outfit. This guys vest is gonna be a challenge, lots of things going on with it. Should be fun.

So I see! :D

I started putting together Garon Nas Tal.....

DSC08027900x568_zps674914bf.jpg

loads to do obviously, he is going to be fun to do. :)

Looking pretty groovy, Chaka. Diggin the Space Duros back there too!

Cheers man! Yeah, Duros is on my list after this guy and Myo. :) I want to start getting some of these guys finished before I start new projects.

Okay, so I started getting some of the colors on Garon's jacket. Not a lot of good pics of this guy. There is tons of color and things going on on this jacket. Just getting some color structure and then will go in and try and add some detail.

DSC08034900x738_zpsc7a82719.jpg

Starting repainting the face. I decided to start with just doing half of it to show how much different the sculpt can look with a paint job. Here is "two-face", I mean Garon....

DSC08037900x621_zpsd9dba6bd.jpg

DSC08038900x563_zps0d643d82.jpg

DSC08039900x621_zps7099e99a.jpg

Not done with the half I started, gonna let the base coat sit overnight and then drybrush in some detail. I think he is going to look pretty cool when finished. :)

I think he is going to look pretty cool when finished. :)

Looks great so far so I can't see it wouldn't. That's cool that are doing him ... I honestly never thought of him being done.But then again ,now that SS has made Bossk there aren't too many other characters to put the hasbro & gentle giant parts towards.:wink1:

When all the Weequay outfit talk/stuff started again a few weeks ago, it reminded me I needed to update mine. I had a really dark blue shirt underneath his tunic. I wanted to lighten it up a bit to make it more screen accurate.

I was excited to see Toy Anxiety got in some more Ignite Toys 'The Viking" robes last week. They are a very light, greyish blue. I think its a bit more accurate.

Here he is with his new shirt. I also have some "gripping" Bith hands coming in the post. I will paint those up when I get them to use with Duane's awesome vibro axe kit. :)

DSC080411000x834_zps78c52300.jpg

Here is a comparison shot with the older shirt in the front....

DSC08043517x600_zps8c05e4e6.jpg

I got Queequeg's hands painted up and he is finally done!:yess:

DSC08058900x738_zps45977bef.jpg

DSC08057800x624_zpsced58790.jpg

Now its back to Garon. :)

I was also to pick up the 3rd Gamorrean Guard axe from TA. I have been wanting this one for ages, but didnt want to have to buy another Gammy. My favorite styled weapon of the three. :)

DSC080491000x730_zpse18cdd26.jpg

I got Queequeg's hands painted up and he is finally done!:yess:

DSC08058900x738_zps45977bef.jpg

DSC08057800x624_zpsced58790.jpg

Now its back to Garon. :)

I was also to pick up the 3rd Gamorrean Guard axe from TA. I have been wanting this one for ages, but didnt want to have to buy another Gammy. My favorite styled weapon of the three. :)

DSC080491000x730_zpse18cdd26.jpg

That Garon looks stunning already. Color, even head-to-body size ratio is perfect.

And your Weequay's looking great. Mine has a shirt that's slightly too blue too - the new Hasbro fig has a very grey blue also. I need to reboot my braids though - don't love the fuzzy ones that came with the Unsung head.

And good score on the axe - I couldn't find one so had to convert my Hasbro one (which has a tiny blade) to look like the Sideshow. What's great is it is indistinguishable from the SSC one, what was not so great is it took ages!

Chaka, that white Fett lid sitting on your shelf, is that a cast of the Medi Fett helmet?

If so, where can i get one?

That Garon looks stunning already. Color, even head-to-body size ratio is perfect.

And your Weequay's looking great. Mine has a shirt that's slightly too blue too - the new Hasbro fig has a very grey blue also. I need to reboot my braids though - don't love the fuzzy ones that came with the Unsung head.

And good score on the axe - I couldn't find one so had to convert my Hasbro one (which has a tiny blade) to look like the Sideshow. What's great is it is indistinguishable from the SSC one, what was not so great is it took ages!

Thanks man, I appreciate it. Garon is going to be challenging to finish, but I look forward to it. He is a pretty cool character. His outfit is crazy, hope to get to it this week.

My Weequay pics kinda suck, blurry and his hands look shiney. I will take some better pics soon. I also noticed that the new Hasbro figure was less blue. When I first did him, I was going Vintage Kenner blue with the shirt. :)

I was kinda dissapointed SSC didnt give us all three of the different Gammy weapons with their first offering. Im glad I could get this one since I already had two and didnt want to buy Gartogg.

Chaka, that white Fett lid sitting on your shelf, is that a cast of the Medi Fett helmet?

If so, where can i get one?

Marmit helmet I painted white. Ill send it to you. :)

Just messing with Boba Fett today. I had to do a body swap because the one that came with it got damaged (plus it sucked:) ).

DSC08066900x714_zpscdeacd37.jpg

Last edited:
what new body are you using? i have the SSC boba body and it's like you said...sucks....should i put him on a slim clone body? or is that too small?

Not sure, I think its just a Dragon body. It was just one I had in storage. Its nothing special. I think the slim clone body would be too small, but Im not sure about that.

Hey Chakaman you know of a Freak that might have a pair of those painted Victor Creed hands that werefloating around? If anyone knows about custom pieces it must be you, I would like to buy a pair.

sent from my R2 unit

Back