Chakaman's customs, mods and repaints

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you!

And wow I love that paint job! You?re moving quickly! Fantastic work!

Thanks fellas. I am hoping to tackle the headgear this weekend.

Here is another upgrade. I received my Shapeways Wooof today. I quickly slapped on a silver base coat on the helmet so I could see whats its gonna look like.

20191008_210751.jpg
20191008_175031.jpg

Any reason for clear resin 3D prints ? Does that print better ?

I would have thought grey would be better ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oooh... that is already looking dope!

Yes! This is going to look so good! Can?t wait to see more!

Thanks guys!

Any reason for clear resin 3D prints ? Does that print better ?

I would have thought grey would be better ?

This is how the high resolution prints come from Shapeways. I believe the clear resin does print better and allow for better quality. The lower resolution prints are usually in white resin.

Here is what it looks like right now. Its only about half done, so forgive the incomplete paint job. This one is referred to as "Smooth Fine Detail" resolution wise. There is a higher resolution known as "Smoothest Finest Detail" which is more expensive. As you can see though, this one still has great detail.

20191009_142319.jpg

This is how the high resolution prints come from Shapeways. I believe the clear resin does print better and allow for better quality. The lower resolution prints are usually in white resin.

Here is what it looks like right now. Its only about half done, so forgive the incomplete paint job. This one is referred to as "Smooth Fine Detail" resolution wise. There is a higher resolution known as "Smoothest Finest Detail" which is more expensive. As you can see though, this one still has great detail.

OK interesting. I also saw that DR37's sculpts (not from Shapeways) were also transparent. So figured there must be some reason. But perhaps coincidence ?

Looking awesome Chris!

Andrew - Always go the hi-res route. The lower the res or cheaper material the more work you need to put in to get rid of the those damn print layers. Save the extra $$$ and save your self a ****-ton of headache :D

That Klaatu is looking awesome.:clap Can't wait to do mine - just assembling all the parts.

Thanks guys!

Yes, if you can afford it always get the highest detail possible.

I was able to finish painting up my Wooof sculpt.

20191011_215751.jpg
20191011_215904.jpg
20191011_220003.jpg

Holy crap that is seriously insane!!! So freaking good! The leatherwork, the paint job, the accessories, just everything!!! Thanks for sharing, and as always your work is fantastic!!

Holy crap that is seriously insane!!! So freaking good! The leatherwork, the paint job, the accessories, just everything!!! Thanks for sharing, and as always your work is fantastic!!

^^ What he said. This thread is the reference book for SW customizers.:thud::clap

Thanks guys. I really appreciate the compliments and kind words.

This figure has evolved over the years. Here he is back in 2011...

Chaka7046.jpg

I did the outfit myself. Not too bad at the time.

A lot of the credit for this one goes to Duane(Enaud). He sent me the vest and skirt back in 2014. Here is what it looked like new and unaltered...

0131000x750_zpsb2fbd18b.jpg
015800x600_zps66ea3703.jpg
014800x600_zps23035a53.jpg

The bandoliers, chest armor and boots were not included. Over the next couple of years, the pants and shirt were upgraded (Enaud).

All I do is add details and paintwork. Duane is the true master. Without him, a lot of this isn't possible.

Here is Wooof today. Truly a collaborative effort over a span of 8 years.

20191012_084608.jpg

Beautiful.

Love the historical journey photos. That "journey" is one of my favorite parts of this hobby. The continual striving for the best we can make it.

If I may ask, how did you transform the leather from original to today? I have the original Duane/Enaud outfit and sculpt as well. Was planning on some sanding on the leather to thin it out, then color transformation with acrylics, then weathering with acrylics and powders. Am I on the right track?

-
Dennis

Back