Chakaman's customs, mods and repaints

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is a Bib Fortuna on my Jabba steps...

20190124_183720.jpg

20190124_183832.jpg

I am not getting the new Jabba the Hutt. After repainting Bib, I might have a go at repainting the 2007 version.

I here you Ed. I am not going to be able to get the new Jabba. Besides the price tag, I clearly don't have the space.

20190126_193346.jpg

I know, first-world problems. I do miss the display space I had in my old house.

no other room in the house to make into a new man cave? do you have a basement at your new house you could re-furnish some day and rebuild those shelves again?

no other room in the house to make into a new man cave? do you have a basement at your new house you could re-furnish some day and rebuild those shelves again?

This is our spare room in our basement. I'm not going to re-furnish the basement as it's already finished out the way we like it. Unfortunately no "epic display space" at this house. I am happy with what I have.

I do still have one wall for shelving. I have ordered some more shelves like the ones I already have from IKEA. I hope to have them up in a few weeks.

The one good thing about space limitations is that it helps me stick to my "OT only" rule for 1/6th stuff.

yep me to I cant afford to double dip into the new trilogy which I would not have any ways as they suck in my book. and since HT dipping into the prequel trilogy I`ve been there done that when SSC did them. but the OT is enough for me as I don't have the space for all trilogy`s.

Work in progress Saurin. Some are more completed than others....

20190203_152634.jpg

Planning on having Biggs and Wedge join Luke on the shelves in the coming months. Just have to get the helmets finished.

20190203_152619.jpg

I really like the Gosling head for Wedge. I'm thinking about doing that with my extra X-wing fig. I just don't like the Sideshow Luke X head/face much at all other than with visor down and not too close.

Also not a huge fan of how the rebel logos look on the helmet - the emblems are too small and not quite correctly positioned. I like your repaint. has more of the plum color rather than that weak red SSC used. They fixed the color a bit with the Snowpseeder release.

I really like the Gosling head for Wedge. I'm thinking about doing that with my extra X-wing fig. I just don't like the Sideshow Luke X head/face much at all other than with visor down and not too close.

Also not a huge fan of how the rebel logos look on the helmet - the emblems are too small and not quite correctly positioned. I like your repaint. has more of the plum color rather than that weak red SSC used. They fixed the color a bit with the Snowpseeder release.

Yeah, it works well. Both will look good with helmets on. That's how I will display them.

Yeah, I didn't move the rebel logos, I just made them a bit bigger and repainted them. I also removed Sideshow paint with acetone.

20190204_190129.jpg
20190204_190114.jpg
20190204_190101.jpg

I love the look. Did you use stencils or decals for the logos? The weak red they used aside, I also don't like the overspray grey tone to the Sideshow helmet. I like how yours pops as dirty white with the maroon.

I love the look. Did you use stencils or decals for the logos? The weak red they used aside, I also don't like the overspray grey tone to the Sideshow helmet. I like how yours pops as dirty white with the maroon.

Thanks.

I took an ink pen and basically traced around the outside perimeter of the logo. This made it just a bit larger, but much. When I screwed up, I just scratched it out with hobby knife. I then repainted the logos darker red.

Yeah, the overspray Sideshow used came off with acetone. Somewhere in my thread there is some "before and after" shots.

I was able to kitbash a 3rd Jedi Luke with parts I had left over.

Sideshow 2019 ROTJ sculpt, 2006 Sideshow Jedi Knight outfit, boots, HT tunic, 2019 Sideshow belt, cloak.

20190207_134217.jpg

20190207_142416.jpg

Last edited:
looks great chris. i`m working on an Endor version with the new jedi luke helmeted version. i got two of them some how TA must have made a mistake as i ordered one helmet sculpt and one non-helmet and the results two helmeted.

Thanks Paul.

It's hard to tell, but they he is yellowed and dirtied up. I need to paint the hat white too.

I also need to source the brown pouch that goes on the belts.

20190209_205825.jpg

20190209_205724.jpg

I just got a Rebel Fleet Trooper, I was really excited until I tried to put a new hand on. I've never had so much trouble trying to put a hand on a figure. seriously, how on earth are you supposed to do it?

Back