Chakaman's customs, mods and repaints

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking good Chris! I like the selection... but would have thought you would have picked a few more of your from-the-ground-up customs.

Yeah I can think of 3-4 of your customs just off the top of my head that blew me away more than HT Tarkin or SSC Luke X.:lecture

Hey guys and gals! I haven't had any time for customs the past few months, pretty busy. I was going through my collection today and thought I would pick out my 10 favorites and take a shot of them together.

I have about 120, all from the OT. Here are the ones I chose. HT Snowtrooper, Sandtrooper and Hoth Rebel Soldier just missed the cut.:)

View attachment 439940
View attachment 439941
View attachment 439943
View attachment 439944

Very Nice! 120, you say? And all from the OT! Wow I would love to see them all on display.

Wonderful!

Very Nice!

Thanks guys!

Looking good Chris! I like the selection... but would have thought you would have picked a few more of your from-the-ground-up customs.

Thanks. I hear you, it was a tough decision. :D

Yeah I can think of 3-4 of your customs just off the top of my head that blew me away more than HT Tarkin or SSC Luke X.:lecture

Thanks man. I appreciate it. I undersrand.

After I repainted the helmet, I love my X-Wing Luke. Tarkin has always been a "most wanted", happy to have him.

That's beautiful, and unique. I especially love that RO got two of the 10 spots.

Thanks. Yes, I love the designs from Rogue One.

Very Nice! 120, you say? And all from the OT! Wow I would love to see them all on display.

Thanks. There are some older pics in my thread. I need to take some new ones. My display is a mess. I'm currently moving things around.

Here are a few pictures. Some are new, some old. That's the reason some characters are seen twice.

20190115_085722.jpg
20190115_085752.jpg
20190115_085532.jpg
20190111_223819.jpg

Amazing Collection! Thanks for sharing! My personal fav is your Garindan custom. You gotta add that one to your top 10. Or at least honorable mention.

Hey guys and gals! I haven't had any time for customs the past few months, pretty busy. I was going through my collection today and thought I would pick out my 10 favorites and take a shot of them together.

I have about 120, all from the OT. Here are the ones I chose. HT Snowtrooper, Sandtrooper and Hoth Rebel Soldier just missed the cut.:)

View attachment 439940
View attachment 439941
View attachment 439943
View attachment 439944

I saw you post these on FB. I really love that Blue Leader custom. All your customs look fantastic. Nice work!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Love that Squidhead.:love:clap

I'm starting on mine shortly and the Klaatu I'm not even sure where to begin - the outfit is so much more complex than I assumed. I can't figure out what the pants even are. I have some saved closer pics of your Klaatu - I'll have to study what you did with those.

Your blue Nikto would definitely be in my top 10 fave Chakaman figs.

Love that Squidhead.:love:clap

I'm starting on mine shortly and the Klaatu I'm not even sure where to begin - the outfit is so much more complex than I assumed. I can't figure out what the pants even are. I have some saved closer pics of your Klaatu - I'll have to study what you did with those.

Your blue Nikto would definitely be in my top 10 fave Chakaman figs.

Thanks. Here are some pics of my Klaatu. Hope this helps. Duane did most of the outfit. I made the chest armor out of sculpy.

20190115_182640.jpg
20190115_182621.jpg
20190115_182600.jpg

I need to finish my Blue Nikto. I need to do the stitches on the jacket, finish the belt work and add a holster.

20190115_182720.jpg
20190115_182702.jpg

Thanks for posting those close-ups. Interesting that Duane did most of that Klaatu outfit. I wonder if he's around right now. It seemed like he was gone for some time from here, but then seemed very active a couple of months ago.

I did have very thin leather set aside to make that vest but Duane's looks amazing. I also have no idea how to do that sheepskin - I think you said you used real sheepskin and trimmed it.

I'm just laying out my Squidhead cumberbund - did Duane make yours also? I thought he only did your Squidie cape/clothes outfit.

Thanks for the close-ups... stealing copies of Klaatu & Garindan for "inspiration" when I get around to mine!

You bet! Looking forward to seeing your interpretations of the characters.

I LOVE checking in on your collection mate. Just love the work you do.

Thanks mate.

Thanks for posting those close-ups. Interesting that Duane did most of that Klaatu outfit. I wonder if he's around right now. It seemed like he was gone for some time from here, but then seemed very active a couple of months ago.

I did have very thin leather set aside to make that vest but Duane's looks amazing. I also have no idea how to do that sheepskin - I think you said you used real sheepskin and trimmed it.

I'm just laying out my Squidhead cumberbund - did Duane make yours also? I thought he only did your Squidie cape/clothes outfit.

No problem. I have talked to Duane a few times the past couple of months. I know he started a new job in the fall and that's keeping him super busy these days. He hasn't done much custom work lately.

Yes, its real sheepskin. I trimmed it to look as it did in ROTJ.

Duane did my Squid cumberbund. Its a casted resin piece he sculpted.

Looks great. I was considering just hitting mine with matte clear (as I thought maybe the sheen wasn't helping) but maybe a full repaint is in order.

great job chris I need to repaint mine some day. I just got done swapping him over to a true type body would like to find some soft boots for him so he can be sturdier.

Care to share the brand of paint you prefer?

Air brush or old school or both?

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

Looks great. I was considering just hitting mine with matte clear (as I thought maybe the sheen wasn't helping) but maybe a full repaint is in order.

great job chris I need to repaint mine some day. I just got done swapping him over to a true type body would like to find some soft boots for him so he can be sturdier.

Well done, Chris :clap

Thanks guys.

Care to share the brand of paint you prefer?

Air brush or old school or both?

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

I use water based acrylics from Hobby Lobby. No airbrush, old school painting. After I am done with the repaint, I apply dullcoat and then gloss the eyes, mouth etc.

Back