Cha La Head Cha La..

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Medicom Dragonball Z RAH

Bandai really took their DBZ license to the mat. The original DB or the DBGT licenses were never as explored....there is a good chance that MediCom will follow suit and give us really great figures using this body as much as possible. Not to mention Goku's sculpt could be used again for a Raditz figure without much change except for costuming. I'm ready for all.

Are you referring to Goku's brother Raditz or to their father Bardock because Son Goku is a dead ringer for his father.
Raditz

raditz1.gif

Bardock

bardock1.jpg

Last edited:
The possibilities are endless with this line. But we need to get SS1-SS4 Goku and Vegeta (Not SS3 since he never became one). All the bad guys in the series are a must as well. And who knows, perhaps we can get all the Dragons in, too, some time especially Shenlong. :D

Now I know DBZ is still somewhat a *new* anime to people here in the USA, but is it still popular in Japan?

Because Medicom I believe relies mostly on their Japanese customers that if they aren't buying Medicom DBZ figures, then they'll certainly stop making them.

I think I'm going to get him, as a longtime DBZ fan (more so when I was younger)...if there's any character I can't pass up...it's certainly Goku.

Now I know DBZ is still somewhat a *new* anime to people here in the USA, but is it still popular in Japan?

Because Medicom I believe relies mostly on their Japanese customers that if they aren't buying Medicom DBZ figures, then they'll certainly stop making them.

I think I'm going to get him, as a longtime DBZ fan (more so when I was younger)...if there's any character I can't pass up...it's certainly Goku.
I read somewhere, I don't remember exactly where, that DBZ is to date the most popular and loved anime in Japan. Naruto, One Piece and Detective Conan were also on the top ten.

Re: Medicom Dragonball Z RAH

Are you referring to Goku's brother Raditz or to their father Bardock because Son Goku is a dead ringer for his father.

Sorry, yes I meant Bardock. That was a cool character, I have that movie on tape :lol.

Broly is more of a stretch because he came from the films and never made an appearance even in flashback in the actual series. The films and the series were also considered different properties even when Bandai was handling it.

As for the popularity I know DBZ was about 10 years old when it was being first imported in the US....it isn't currently the showstopper it was but its still beloved in Japan. The same way we geek out about things like HT Jor-El because it hits that nostalga part of us, this works the same way. I remember being beyond into DBZ in Junior High throughout High School. I even have film cells including a screen used cell that included the Goku/Vegeta fight that cost me a pretty penny. My highlight of my DBZ collection used to be a framed picture of Goku that is signed by the entire voice cast....this will be replacing that.....time to get rid of those hard rotocast styled 12"!

I read somewhere, I don't remember exactly where, that DBZ is to date the most popular and loved anime in Japan. Naruto, One Piece and Detective Conan were also on the top ten.

Oh yeah no doubt about that. I'm just curious about it in terms of merchandising in Japan. I really don't see or hear much about Dragon Ball Z figures/statues/etc. that much anymore. Something can still be popular and loved, but it doesn't mean people are buying its merchandise. I was just wondering whether we had any members here who are in Japan and can speak on that.

I actually lived overseas in Thailand from the early to mid 90's. I was in elementry school back then and Dragon Ball Z I know was running in Japan but had been dubbed in Thai and was VERY popular even at the International School I attended. The big thing was the DBZ Trading Cards and we had a whole game oriented around it if you and another kid each had cards you wanted to trade. It basically involved flipping the cards with other cards and trying to "pin" (face-to-face) the cards.

The last DBZ game that was released in Japan is meant to be the fastest game to be reduced in price, in 1 week i think.
They do have some really nice action figure called Hybrid Action with a great range of articulation compared to tha naff that was released here when DBZ was a it height.
There is DBZ online coming soon and a Dragonball movie starts filming after the new year with teenager from War of the Worlds as Goku, so it might become as popular as it once was.
Medicom did release an Ash from pokemon after the fad faded.

Oh yeah no doubt about that. I'm just curious about it in terms of merchandising in Japan. I really don't see or hear much about Dragon Ball Z figures/statues/etc. that much anymore. Something can still be popular and loved, but it doesn't mean people are buying its merchandise. I was just wondering whether we had any members here who are in Japan and can speak on that.

I actually lived overseas in Thailand from the early to mid 90's. I was in elementry school back then and Dragon Ball Z I know was running in Japan but had been dubbed in Thai and was VERY popular even at the International School I attended. The big thing was the DBZ Trading Cards and we had a whole game oriented around it if you and another kid each had cards you wanted to trade. It basically involved flipping the cards with other cards and trying to "pin" (face-to-face) the cards.

I know what you mean. I don't know exactly how much the Japanese are still into DBZ but that remains to be seen. As for the DBZ trading cards, I still have most of mines.:D

I have a lot of the holographic chase sets from the card series. I been thinking of selling them for awhile now but have no idea what theyre worth. any one know?

I have a lot of the holographic chase sets from the card series. I been thinking of selling them for awhile now but have no idea what theyre worth. any one know?

Nothing.. might as well use them for picking food between your teeth and using them as bicycle wheel clackers.

How do I know this? Because I assume. *snickers*

MERRY CHRISTMAS CHAD!!!

New set of pics! Thanks to BFLV from Mediworld!
071210_004.jpg
071210_004_2.jpg
071210_004_3.jpg

071210_004_4.jpg
071210_004_5.jpg
071210_004_6.jpg

071210_004_7.jpg
071210_004_8.jpg
071210_004_9.jpg

071210_004_1.jpg

Those hands are awesome but looks like we won't have a SSJ head...

That is one pretty figure.

Only thing missing is an alternate screaming head. They did a hell of a lot of screaming in that show.

Back