Cha La Head Cha La..

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I received mine today (but ordered it last week when I saw he was in-stock :-D). Here is a doozy photo. Keyboard used for scale! Cuz I had no apples.

gohan.jpg

Piccolo head included. I'll have to get a pic of them together when I have daylight.

I just recently have been getting back into DBZ. It's been about 8 years since I watched the show. I've only been playing the video games. I've been buying the seasons on DVD for a couple of weeks now. So, going one step further, I took the plunge and and bought a Medicom Goku from a Japanese seller on eBay.

It was listed as used, but appears to be MIB. No cracking. Yet. Hopefully I will be one of the lucky ones.:pray:

I have a Piccolo and Gohan on the way. Can't wait for those guys. Perhaps one day I will have a Super Saiyan Goku.:D

Pics of Goku will be coming soon.

I'm not too crazy about the way they made the clothes. The Velcro is not very strategically placed. The material itself isn't too bad. I do really like the wires in the belt.

I may be in the minority, but am I the only one who doesn't like the fabric clothes on DBZ/anime figures. Still Medi's DBZ stuff is nice.

I'm with you there. Though I really like the figures and the clothes are dead on I'm not a huge fan of velcro and the material doesn't seem all that great to me.
With that being said I wait anxiously to see if they ever do a Vegeta, Trunks or Cell.

My 1/6 DBZ collection is growing. The only official Medicom release I lack is the SSJ Goku.

I recently bought a pair of 12" Vegeta and Piccolo figures by Irwin from way back (2000). The headsculpt on Vegeta isn't spectacular, but I could see potential. The Piccolo is crap. I wouldn't expect anymore, though.

Irwin12VegetaandPiccolofigures.jpg

I am working on customizing the Vegeta. I'm using an HEAVILY altered Soldier Story body with Indiana Jones fist hands (though I'm thinking of switching to the Raiders gloved fists). The gloves and boots will most likely be made of vinyl. Ben will make the bodysuit.

Here's what I have so far

Still needs a little work on the neck and left leg
JMKscustomVegeta17scaled.jpg

JMKscustomVegeta2close-up.jpg

JMKscustomVegeta25scaled.jpg

JMKscustomVegeta29scaled.jpg

JMKscustomVegeta31scaled.jpg

JMKscustomVegeta30scaled.jpg

Though he should be about another inch shorter than Goku, this is as short as I could make the body.

JMKscustomVegeta35scaled.jpg

For anyone who's interested...

Ben and I have done a lot of work to Vegeta. I resculpted the neck and muscles. I made new straps on the armor using elastic bands, cardboard and paint. Ben made the suit. The boots were sculpted over the feet and the tops are made of vinyl. The gloves are from a Sideshow Indiana Jones with vinyl.

Mostly done:

JMKs12DragonBallZfigures4scaled.jpg

JMKscustomVegeta66scaled.jpg

JMKscustomVegeta63scaled.jpg

JMKscustomVegetaandGokuscaled.jpg

JMKs12DragonBallZfigures5scaled.jpg

Looks fantastic!! I just bought a Gokou and looking for good deals on the 3 other releases.

Thanks! The Goku is my favorite Medicom release. I really want the SSJ version though. I got all mine on eBay. You've just got to kinda wait for a good deal to arise. Good luck!

My Goku arrived and I opened it no signs of rubber cracking

I also ordered the little statue he looks cool...

My Goku arrived and I opened it no signs of rubber cracking

I also ordered the little statue he looks cool...

Congrats! I too am lucky in that there are no signs of cracking on mine. I'm just trying to keep him in a place with consistent temperature.

I was finally able to get a SSJ Goku on eBay for a decent price. Now (as soon as the figure arrives) I'm working on a SSJ Vegeta. Haven't committed to which method I'm going to use. I thought about making another Android/Cell saga Vegeta, or a Buu saga version. I will probably end up just making an interchangeable Super Saiyan head for my current figure.

I will definitely update this thread with my progress as the project unfolds.

Back