Action Figure CC_TOYS the last survivor Joe

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Phicen's S27B is recommended, but it seems like overkill for a fully clothed figure.

The S27B is advertised as 27cm tall including a sculpt. That's almost identical to the PopToys Xing jointed body. But prices of the suntan versions have shot up, and supply of all Xings (jointed and semi-seamless) is hit or miss across the range.

Xing body has been reissued recently supply is abundant.

Problem is Xing body still looks pretty tall for Ellie, with the head a Xing body is only half a head shorter than the standard male muscle body with head (same body used on Joel).

Xing body is around 26cm, measuring from bottom of shoe to neck (not including neck peg). no way with the S27B will look like in the photo. note Xing body should be slimmer than phicen.

The S27B looks to be the perfect body to represent Ellie.

I've read two reviews that state the height of the S27B to be shorter than the advertised 27 cm including sculpt.

One stated about 26 cm including sculpt, and other said the figure equated to a 5' 2" person (26.3 cm). Ellie is listed as "Around 5 ft 3 in 1.6 meters" on TLOU's wikia page.

And the other consideration, how tall was the Joel they released? He's listed as 5' 10" - 5' 11". One player said they stood the character next to a water height chart in a tunnel and measured him at 5' 10".

I re-immersed myself into the world of The Last of Us again, not with the six-hour plus movie 'marathon edition' I had, but the four-hour plus series edited by Grant Voegtle.

To quote Empire, The Last of Us: the best film of the year (that wasn't actually a film) !

I wanted two Ellies, now I'll be needing two Joels. And two S27Bs, of course.

I've always envisioned my band of survivors as being in a Walking Dead environment, but the power of that series has been somewhat diluted over the years. So I kicked Threezero's Rick and CGL's Carl out of the group, and what I'm left with could well be characters from TLOU.

so the 2 pack includes the previous version of Joel plus the winter versions?

wow what a way to burn their 1st release supporters.

looking at how they price their packages, i doubt buying the winter pack alone is worth it, may be cheaper but if you combine Elli + Joel Winter Pack i'm guessing you're already paying something close to the double pack, while missing out many items.

also even with an additional body, you are still missing tons of item to make another Winter Joel since it doesn't come with the pants, shoes, weapons & accessories. And i know Summer Joel is more popular, so most folks would end up buying the dual pack (or forced to).

I wouldn't take it as them burning their buyers, if anything they just gave another chance to get Joel to a lot a folks who missed out on him, what I'm worried about is the price tho, like you said, if you buy the kits seperately, that would surely result in a very high price, so the 2 pack is really the ideal way to go about buying all the kits but will the price be that of all the kits put together? Will the price be lower so more people buy the 2 pack? the main problem is the league body you have to buy seperately, will they charge the full price of a figure with the ellie kit? Let's imagine they charge 400 for the 2 pack plus shipping, do I really have to pay that and another 70 plus shipping for the league body? That seems messed up to me.

The S27B looks to be the perfect body to represent Ellie.

I've read two reviews that state the height of the S27B to be shorter than the advertised 27 cm including sculpt.

One stated about 26 cm including sculpt, and other said the figure equated to a 5' 2" person (26.3 cm). Ellie is listed as "Around 5 ft 3 in 1.6 meters" on TLOU's wikia page.

And the other consideration, how tall was the Joel they released? He's listed as 5' 10" - 5' 11". One player said they stood the character next to a water height chart in a tunnel and measured him at 5' 10".

I re-immersed myself into the world of The Last of Us again, not with the six-hour plus movie 'marathon edition' I had, but the four-hour plus series edited by Grant Voegtle.

To quote Empire, The Last of Us: the best film of the year (that wasn't actually a film) !

I wanted two Ellies, now I'll be needing two Joels. And two S27Bs, of course.

I've always envisioned my band or survivors as being in a Walking Dead environment, but the power of that series has been somewhat diluted over the years. So I kicked Threezero's Rick and CGL's Carl out of the group, and what I'm left with could well be characters from TLOU.

Ellie is slightly above Joels shoulders in the game so I do agree, the league body is pretty spot on.

I couldn't agree more with your feelings about TWD, I used to love it but season 8 just messed it all up for me, the comics have been getting stale too, I feel like the franchise as whole has run ou of steam and now it's just the suits milking what they can before it dies, most of my TWD merch is in a box atm, I want to keep some stuff but another part of me just wants to sell everything and be done with it, I might keep my therezero Rick Grimes tho, just because I love the character.

Well, maybe we should start complaining when we know what to complain about? ;-)

It's not really complaining, I'm just wondering if the 2 pack will charge the price of a full a figure for the ellie kit, if not, I'll gladly drop those 70 something bucks on the league body :)

It's not really complaining, I'm just wondering if the 2 pack will charge the price of a full a figure for the ellie kit, if not, I'll gladly drop those 70 something bucks on the league body :)

I know. It’s just that it’s just speculation and for some reason we always foresee the worst possible scenario when speculating ;-)

I wouldn't take it as them burning their buyers, if anything they just gave another chance to get Joel to a lot a folks who missed out on him, what I'm worried about is the price tho, like you said, if you buy the kits seperately, that would surely result in a very high price, so the 2 pack is really the ideal way to go about buying all the kits but will the price be that of all the kits put together? Will the price be lower so more people buy the 2 pack? the main problem is the league body you have to buy seperately, will they charge the full price of a figure with the ellie kit? Let's imagine they charge 400 for the 2 pack plus shipping, do I really have to pay that and another 70 plus shipping for the league body? That seems messed up to me.

judging how they did with Metal Gear Solid V (under Lim Toys), it's a plus that they improve their products while re-releasing them but they are really forcing buyers to buy their products twice just for the upgrades & additional parts.

either that, or they come up with an "expansion pack" that gives you half the accessories you need to make another figure. Like this Joel Winter version, you aren't going to have a Winter Joe standing next to your Summer Joe by buying the winter pack, unlike MGS V where you buy the expansion pack you can build another figure with the original set (if you bought the DX version).

most people prefer the Summer Joel, so who would buy the Winter Pack unless they already bought 2 Summer Joels? they will be forced to buy the twin pack instead.

and looking at their pricing on "non-body" releases, Ellie should start around $100. If you see the Quiet Pack (also without body), it's not as affordable as you think. Joel Full set should add another $150 to the pack so we'll be seeing maybe $250 for the pack. not that bad if you compare to Enterbay & Blitzway sets but still expensive if you add in another $50 for the Phicen or $30 for the Xing body.

the thing most folks may not know is, the standard body is actually cheaper than you think. they are selling between $10-$30. however if you require unique body shape, or full seamless body, that will cost much more as options are limited.

as stated by Lim Toys, Phicen refuse to see their bodies bundled with other makers so they can't include the body. For MGS V expansion pack, it's purely to cut cost (and they included 2 bodies in the twin pack).

what i don't see is, why don't shops include the body as a bundle? maybe offer a $10 discount? better than nothing. Nah, coz they know you are forced to buy the phicen body.

I know. It’s just that it’s just speculation and for some reason we always foresee the worst possible scenario when speculating ;-)

you know their pricing by looking at Lim Toys pricing. they've done this before on Venom/Big Boss/Quiet. and you know how much Joel was without the Winter pack, and you know the Winter Pack alone wouldn't cost less than $50. so by now you should already be able to figure out how much the 2 pack cost.

I guess it's my nature haha, I've always been a pessimist in some aspects, that way if something bad happens I don't get mad but if something good happens I get even happier then I would've been if I had extremely high expectations.

what i don't see is, why don't shops include the body as a bundle? maybe offer a $10 discount? better than nothing. Nah, coz they know you are forced to buy the phicen body.

Well Limtoys and CCtoys aren't the same company, Limtoys is run by @Firejclawjack, he does help his friends over at CCtoys tho, so I guess that's why some of their methods are different, $250 for the 2 pack sounds good, but we have to include shipping in that plus the $70 body and also the shipping for it, that must bring the price of everything up to $400, but I don't think they'll charge just 150 for the figures in the 2 pack considering they come with ALL the accessories and clothes of the other kits, that right there must bring the price up quite a bit, I guess we'll just have to wait and see how things turn out, I'm buying it either way I just don't wanna be forced to spend almost two months worth of salary just to get 2 versions of ellie and joel. I do agree on that last sentence, we should at least be given a disccount on the body if we get the 2 pack but I doubt it.

Well Limtoys and CCtoys aren't the same company, Limtoys is run by @Firejclawjack, he does help his friends over at CCtoys tho, so I guess that's why some of their methods are different, $250 for the 2 pack sounds good, but we have to include shipping in that plus the $70 body and also the shipping for it, that must bring the price of everything up to $400, but I don't think they'll charge just 150 for the figures in the 2 pack considering they come with ALL the accessories and clothes of the other kits, that right there must bring the price up quite a bit, I guess we'll just have to wait and see how things turn out, I'm buying it either way I just don't wanna be forced to spend almost two months worth of salary just to get 2 versions of ellie and joel. I do agree on that last sentence, we should at least be given a disccount on the body if we get the 2 pack but I doubt it.

both companies running the exact same strategy. Quiet was sold without the body, same as Ellie. Venom Snake had additional pack that requires sharing with Big Boss Deluxe version but you get 2 full figures with that. The latest twin pack release contains everything plus additional/improved items.

so the only difference is the Winter Pack won't net you a full 2nd figure because they want you to buy their twin pack. why? coz they know if you want a summer & winter Joel & Ellie, you either buy 2 sets of Twin Pack, or the Summer Joel plus the twin pack + standalone Ellie.

and by then you'd have spent so much on 4 figures and be left with so many surplus sculpts & accessories you don't know what to do with them.

if they were being considerate for Joel buyers, they would have included at least the pants & shoes so you can at least build a dressed Winter Joel. Winter pack is more like a conversion pack.

i buy mostly from local stores so i get free shipping. but if you are really interested to know the pricing you can refer to Lim Toys past release. Add the price for Quiet pack + Summer Joel + $50 for the Winter pack you should have a ball park figure, then add in the cost for a Phicen body. S27B is still plenty in stock i suggest if you are committed to Ellie get the body 1st.

I won't be buying the recommended body, a seamless body on a fully dressed figure is a waste to me. But I understand why the figure doesn't come with it, cctoys dont make bodies so they aren't going to custom make a body for ellie and mass produce it. It was easier with joel because there's plenty of bodies roaming around suitible for him that they could mass buy for the figure. I guess the only suitable and accurate body for ellie on the market must have been the phicen one, but because they are so expensive and phicen don't allow them to be used on mass produced figures from other companies, cc toys cant include it, they are over $100 in my country. No biggie, ill either buy a tall body and make it shorter or buy a short body and make it taller.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

I won't be buying the recommended body, a seamless body on a fully dressed figure is a waste to me. But I understand why the figure doesn't come with it, cctoys dont make bodies so they aren't going to custom make a body for ellie and mass produce it. It was easier with joel because there's plenty of bodies roaming around suitible for him that they could mass buy for the figure. I guess the only suitable and accurate body for ellie on the market must have been the phicen one, but because they are so expensive and phicen don't allow them to be used on mass produced figures, cc toys cant include it, they are over $100 in my country. No biggie, ill either buy a tall body and make it shorter or buy a short body and make it taller.

you have to trim the body section by section to make it fit the clothes. it's not like you can just cut the legs shorter the arms & torso will still be longer. also you won't be able to alter the width of the bodies.

xing body is the closest, but if someone says phicen is 26cm tall with head, xing body will still be 2cm taller.

I know that mate, like I said no biggie
you have to trim the body section by section to make it fit the clothes. it's not like you can just cut the legs shorter the arms & torso will still be longer. also you won't be able to alter the width of the bodies.

xing body is the closest, but if someone says phicen is 26cm tall with head, xing body will still be 2cm taller.

The threezero arya's body might work too. I think its about the proportion of a 12-15 year old teen. My concern is the peg system for the shoe? Is it a conventional ball peg or need to have the feet as well? Saw it selling loose on ebay and much cheaper than the phicen body.

IMG_5618.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The threezero arya's body might work too. I think its about the proportion of a 12-15 year old teen. My concern is the peg system for the shoe? Is it a conventional ball peg or need to have the feet as well? Saw it selling loose on ebay and much cheaper than the phicen body.

View attachment 444054

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's still small compared to the league one, keep in mind the clothes and accessories are all built for the size of the league body, seems like we have no choice but to get that one or try to customize a chepaer one the best we can to replace it.

Back