Action Figure CC_TOYS the last survivor Joe

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yea the tax value is the least of the problem. getting taxed for $10 while the processing/surcharge/handling fee cost $20, i think such practice should be illegal.

this doesn't include the time & fuel required for some to travel in between.

but because the population importing stuffs is insignificant, folks aren't worried.

however i believe couriers like DHL will handle everything, with a handling/minimum surcharge fee.

i mean, what can you buy with $30?

Having something be shipped by DHL or any other courier in my country is a big NO NO, if you are unfortunate enough to have them withheld your package then not only do you have to pay the value added tax of 23% and all the other laughable fees, but you also have to pay the courier $50 or more as well, that is why before I buy anything I calculate the best possible outcome for me, most of my figures that I bought for 100 something bucks ended up costing $80 more.

And it is not about protecting local business, they deliberately set the mark at 22-30 bucks so they can tax you on even the most regular of stuff, it is basically be robbed by not paying them and have them keep your package, which the entire country knows, the packages you don't pay for they end up keeping it for themselves or selling them, or be robbed by paying ridiculous ammounts of money to get your package, your're screwed either way…

Alright Thanks! Do they know when pre orders will open?

Having something be shipped by DHL or any other courier in my country is a big NO NO, if you are unfortunate enough to have them withheld your package then not only do you have to pay the value added tax of 23% and all the other laughable fees, but you also have to pay the courier $50 or more as well, that is why before I buy anything I calculate the best possible outcome for me, most of my figures that I bought for 100 something bucks ended up costing $80 more.

And it is not about protecting local business, they deliberately set the mark at 22-30 bucks so they can tax you on even the most regular of stuff, it is basically be robbed by not paying them and have them keep your package, which the entire country knows, the packages you don't pay for they end up keeping it for themselves or selling them, or be robbed by paying ridiculous ammounts of money to get your package, your're screwed either way…

Alright Thanks! Do they know when pre orders will open?

not sure which country you live in, but with DHL, everything is sorted out very fast right? at least you don't wait for 2 months back & forth.

i think it's standard for DHL to charge $50 minimum handling fee, but you save all the hassle of driving around, some folks have to drive 60km 1 way to deal with it. the time, fuel & toll fees easily $50 for some places.

by the way, unpaid items should be returned to sender, just like everything else unless it's stated to be discarded or if it's illegal items. keeping it for themselves is itself illegal. you can actually sue them and viral this issue.

Giantoy They also will be selling the kit with the TBleague body, though, I thought about getting one early

Ok, sounds like Giantoy is the way to go!

Well, I hear good things about Giantoy, and they have free worldwide shipping, kghobby has shipping fees but their stuff arrives very fast, I mainly use KGH so I'm sure someone else can direct you to a better site!

Two votes for Giantoy; I'll check out KGH but sounds like the former is the way to go. Thank you!! :)

Ok, sounds like Giantoy is the way to go!

Two votes for Giantoy; I'll check out KGH but sounds like the former is the way to go. Thank you!! :)

I've never been charged shipping from kghobby...so I'm not sure where you got that info from. All items I've ever preordered from them had free shipping.

I've never been charged shipping from kghobby...so I'm not sure where you got that info from. All items I've ever preordered from them had free shipping.

KGH have free shipping on some cheaper items, otherwise they always add it on.

You get to choose whether you want regular airmail or EMS. Since the regular only takes a week it's no point paying the extra.

GiantToy is a last resort. I've only ordered from them if something isn't available elsewhere in my regular places, because shipping from the mainland can take weeks with parcels sitting in an export warehouse waiting for an available flight.

...oh. Now I guess it’s time to complain. That price is pretty steep for a figure without a body [emoji51]
7be09cb382f225bc108d18dfe14d4f9a.jpg

Sure that means something... no I just don’t know if I should get it though. I only really need the backpack actually... the rest doesn’t look much better than what I have already. Not crazy about the sculpt tbh - like the one I have better...
...but well, I always end up buying it anyways.
74096055e135169a5a012973cd777b2e.jpg

Sure that means something... no I just don’t know if I should get it though. I only really need the backpack actually... the rest doesn’t look much better than what I have already. Not crazy about the sculpt tbh - like the one I have better...

I was laughing at my previous comment about KGH doing free shipping only on cheaper items.

I guess if you break all the parts down and assign a value to them then $150 isn't bad.

But if you're not keen on the sculpts then it does seem more expensive.

Is that the Kai Studio sculpt?

Yesterday I stumbled onto the full figures they made for a show, but said they were only going to do sculpts.

I was laughing at my previous comment about KGH doing free shipping only on cheaper items.

I guess if you break all the parts down and assign a value to them then $150 isn't bad.

But if you're not keen on the sculpts then it does seem more expensive.

Is that the Kai Studio sculpt?

Yesterday I stumbled onto the full figures they made for a show, but said they were only going to do sculpts.

It is yes. I had to paint it myself though. Not completely happy with it yet, but I like the expression a lot. And the mouth better than CC... but I was so sure I was gonna get this anyways. Not so much anymore... if not I hope to get the backpack parted out.

It is yes. I had to paint it myself though. Not completely happy with it yet, but I like the expression a lot. And the mouth better than CC... but I was so sure I was gonna get this anyways. Not so much anymore... if not I hope to get the backpack parted out.

That was a nice sculpt.

Kai Studio - The Last of Us (5).jpg

Kai Studio - The Last of Us.jpg

Waiting on the full Ellie & Joel set to go up.

It's the S27B that's making her expensive: $150 + $56.

But I didn't think it was worth saving a little and skimping on the body if the clothes and head were specifically designed for it in terms of height, shape and colour.

...oh. Now I guess it’s time to complain. That price is pretty steep for a figure without a body [emoji51]
7be09cb382f225bc108d18dfe14d4f9a.jpg

:gah:
I guess I should've seen this comming, going by this price, the 2 pack should be somewhere in the $350-400 area, then I gotta add the body which is like $70 plus shipping, which means I'll have to pay like a total of $600-700 to get the 2 pack…. Can't say I'm too happy about that, I'm just gonna wait and see what Giantoy and other sites charge for it.

That was a nice sculpt.

View attachment 444387

View attachment 444388

Waiting on the full Ellie & Joel set to go up.

It's the S27B that's making her expensive: $150 + $56.

But I didn't think it was worth saving a little and skimping on the body if the clothes and head were specifically designed for it in terms of height, shape and colour.

I'm not crazy about that sculpt tbh, kinda funny how a few years back I would think some sculpts were mind blowing and now I look back at them and I'm like "meh", it's a good thing tough, means the industry is constantly upgrading.
Yeah what's really killing me is the fact that I have to spend more money on the body when I'm already being charged the price of a full figure with the Ellie set, like you said I'm gonna wait to see how much they charge for the 2 pack and how much it will cost on other sites.

:gah:
I guess I should've seen this comming, going by this price, the 2 pack should be somewhere in the $350-400 area, then I gotta add the body which is like $70 plus shipping, which means I'll have to pay like a total of $600-700 to get the 2 pack…. Can't say I'm too happy about that, I'm just gonna wait and see what Giantoy and other sites charge for it.

welp like i said, just refer to Quiet's price you would have figured out Ellie's price.

I'm not crazy about that sculpt tbh, kinda funny how a few years back I would think some sculpts were mind blowing and now I look back at them and I'm like "meh", it's a good thing tough, means the industry is constantly upgrading.
Yeah what's really killing me is the fact that I have to spend more money on the body when I'm already being charged the price of a full figure with the Ellie set, like you said I'm gonna wait to see how much they charge for the 2 pack and how much it will cost on other sites.

i think i prefer that Joel's sculpt than CC. something is just off on CC sculpt even though it's good. the accessories are also better in that set.

i personally don't really fancy the body that came with Joel. the arms tend to open wide no way you can keep it close to the body. But this body is so common and cheap in the market everyone's using it.

KGH have free shipping on some cheaper items, otherwise they always add it on.

You get to choose whether you want regular airmail or EMS. Since the regular only takes a week it's no point paying the extra.

GiantToy is a last resort. I've only ordered from them if something isn't available elsewhere in my regular places, because shipping from the mainland can take weeks with parcels sitting in an export warehouse waiting for an available flight.

plus the additional charge = more duties payable. also i believe KG is more than happy to send as gift and lower the value.

74096055e135169a5a012973cd777b2e.jpg

i'm gonna tell you the CC version will be taller than it should. until now there's no ACTUAL side by side shot of Ellie & Joel. I don't think they will ever post one. the ones you guys have seems to have better proportion & height. what body are they on?

i'm gonna tell you the CC version will be taller than it should. until now there's no ACTUAL side by side shot of Ellie & Joel. I don't think they will ever post one. the ones you guys have seems to have better proportion & height. what body are they on?

Why wouldn't they be ACTUAL side by sides?

CC Toys Ellie 11.jpg

CC Toys Ellie 5.jpg

The figure's height can be gauged from this photo by GuberbnatorFan from OneSixthFigures, showing the S27B on the right:

tbleag11.jpg

The S27B is accurate to Ellie's recorded height, and to how she appears in game stills:

3600097-0926599960-Joel_.jpg

There's been a few threads with people asking where to find small heads for the S27, because most sculpts on the market are too big.

This one is a customized body. Not sure what the brand was. It looks good and right size. Bicycle legs though.

Back