Cave Troll PF (Any Interest)?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Given the lack of soft goods on the cave troll I would only buy the PF if it was the size of a coffee table and had a scratch and sniff feature. Sucker would be heavy.

Well, you may get your wish with the 'coffee table' sizing, but I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for a scratch and sniff feature....a feature I would personally find quite disturbing myself. :lol

I can also envision most of those brave individuals calling for SS to produce one of these crying like babies when they find out the cost. :lol

That would be big for sure.
Still, if they can do Sauron, this is a possibility too.

Yes and folks here will say that the cave troll pf will be under a thousand too...again only if light weight and Boba Fett hollow!

PF 1/4 scale would be over 4 ft tall...1/6 would still be huge!

Yes and folks here will say that the cave troll pf will be under a thousand too...again only if light weight and Boba Fett hollow!

I just realized something.

Why can't we have a Cave Troll PF!?!?

Abomination is 16'8" Tall. A Cave Troll is 12-17' Tall. The Abomination PF was only wearing underwear, so why not a Cave Troll with a loin cloth?

If Sideshow can make an Abomination PF a Cave Troll PF is definitely doable! :lecture :rock

What say you?

Abomination PF...

23" H (584.2mm) x 24" W (609.6mm) x 20" D (508mm)

...Cave Troll could be the same.

Abomination was $499.99

The Thor 1:1 bust is 28.5" in height and $650.00 with an edition size of 350. So I don't think a Cave Troll of similar proportion would have to be $1000 to $1500. Plus to make it more profitable they could make it an exclusive which would eliminate the wholesale price at which it would be sold to dealers.

:pray: :impatient:

After producing the RWOS, Sauron, and Saruman PF's SS has intimated they will be shifting the PF emphasis to good guys. Translation : A CaveTroll PF, if it's ever produced is a minimum of 4-5 years away. At this point a Cave Troll PF is nothing but a pipe dream. :lecture

Of course it is a possibility. SS themselves have stated this on two separate occasions, but they have never commited to producing one, nor have they ever established a potential timeframe for the production of one. They have, however, given us the PF line-up for the next 1 1/2 years after which time they plan on switching the PF emphasis to good guys....so where does that leave a Cave Troll? Like I said before, a Cave TRoll PF [if SS produces one] is a minimum of 4-5 years away and if SS produces a Cave Troll maquette in the next 4-5 years, which is more than likely...then I think you can kiss goodbye a Cave Troll PF altogether.

Quiet you! :ignore: :thwak

Cave trolls are 11-19 feet. Taking a 12 foot Cave troll at 1/4 scale, that's 3 feet or 36 inches. You hunch him over using his club and you can take 20-30% off his height. That's approx. 26-29 inches. Some of the current PFs are 30", seems reasonable.

Quiet you! :ignore: :thwak

I think after all the support you gave those of us requesting the fellowship in PF :monkey3 I'm actually going to lobby SS until they agree not to produce a Cave Troll PF....:wave :lol

If you give me a list of some of the other PF's you really want I'll make sure I lobby against those ones too.......:pfft:

I think after all the support you gave those of us requesting the fellowship in PF :monkey3 I'm actually going to lobby SS until they agree not to produce a Cave Troll PF....:wave :lol

If you give me a list of some of the other PF's you really want I'll make sure I lobby against those ones too.......:pfft:

I did send an email to Sideshow saying I would purchase Hobbit PFs if they were done well. I just included a caveat saying there were other characters I would prefer more than Hobbits. :monkey3

I did send an email to Sideshow saying I would purchase Hobbit PFs if they were done well. I just included a caveat saying there were other characters I would prefer more than Hobbits. :monkey3

OK, disregard my last post then......:lecture :lol

For those people who think a cave troll PF wouldn't be too big, look at the following image, and try to picture how big the complete creature would be using the Legolas PF for scale.

LOTR.jpg

It's not just about height, it's also about girth. The cave troll's forearms are bigger in diameter than Legolas' torso!

For those people who think a cave troll PF wouldn't be too big, look at the following image, and try to picture how big the complete creature would be using the Legolas PF for scale.

LOTR.jpg

It's not just about height, it's also about girth. The cave troll's forearms are bigger in diameter than Legolas' torso!

That giant and collective 'thud' was the hopes and dreams of all those wanting a Cave Troll PF crashing before their very eyes. :monkey3

I don't know what else to say? The examples I've provided show that a Cave Troll PF would be possible for a somewhat comparable price to other stuff Sideshow has done if that's something they seriously considered doing. But Woodsy's points are on the money and I doubt we will see a Cave Troll PF any time soon.

I don't know what else to say? The examples I've provided show that a Cave Troll PF would be possible for a somewhat comparable price to other stuff Sideshow has done if that's something they seriously considered doing. But Woodsy's points are on the money and I doubt we will see a Cave Troll PF any time soon.

Well there is always that one intangible we've not considered. Namely, what SS says, and what they do....aren't always the same thing. And who am I kidding....if SS produces a Cave Troll PF, whether it be sooner or later....I'll be buying it. :lol

Whoa, that picture portrays scale in such a way that this would be a nightmare from a price point issue. I will be happy with a maquette for this character, and i'd love to see a new balrog too, but maquettes would fine.

Whoa, that picture portrays scale in such a way that this would be a nightmare from a price point issue. I will be happy with a maquette for this character, and i'd love to see a new balrog too, but maquettes would fine.

LotR_FotR2783.jpg
LOTR_FellowshipOfTheRing_3281.jpg

I don't think you can simply look at one photo and accurately assess the scale. The angle, lighting, camera distance, and in the case of the Cave Troll, CGI imaging from one scene to the next can all alter one's perspective. Clearly the CT in the first image does not even remotely appear to be as large or imposing as the one in the bottom image. :lecture

Last edited:

LOTR.jpg

Nah they don't have to make him any bigger than the abomination PF to sell. They can create him slightly stooped over.

If they can make an Abomination PF they can make a Cave Troll PF. Abom is huge in the comics.

And as mentioned below they can use the smaller end of the height for him:

Cave trolls are 11-19 feet. Taking a 12 foot Cave troll at 1/4 scale, that's 3 feet or 36 inches. You hunch him over using his club and you can take 20-30% off his height. That's approx. 26-29 inches. Some of the current PFs are 30", seems reasonable.

I have no idea why people would be against this, if you don't like or want it, don't buy it, but if they can make an Abomination PF they can make a Cave Troll PF.

Last edited:
i am currently having a morder troll made 1/6 by my sculptor in phillipines it is a copy of the games workshop one and is running at £500 in clay

i am currently having a morder troll made 1/6 by my sculptor in phillipines it is a copy of the games workshop one and is running at £500 in clay

Nice one Paul, don't forget to let us see how it turns out.

Would not say no to some Work-In-Progress pics too. :stick :wink1:

:duff
Bill

Back