Cave Troll PF (Any Interest)?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Id easily plunk down the green for a cave troll...preferably a attack troll and Id plunk down the money with no thought.

Imagine a row of PF Troll variants!! :horror

That would be some awesome battle front there, only beaten by a similar line up of Ent's :love

(sigh) I must stop these flights of fancy :(

I am still wanting to see a massive Cave Troll for the Premium Format line, but I have been discouraged with how massive he looks in some of the FOTR screen shots. If they went by the size he is described as, instead of some of the visual tricks that play up how big he is, I would be okay with this oversized character on my shelf. I still think he could be close to the size of the abomination, and the cost could be reasonable.

The Cave Troll, of all of the trolls, is still my favorite. He is portrayed in such a sympathetic way, he makes for a very memorable screen monster. While the Mountain Trolls and Armored Trolls were cool too, they were used a little more as generic soldiers and grunts, and lacked the personality of the first Cave Troll we saw in the fellowship.

I agree with what your saying Seaward, but I just picture this massive attack troll with helmet and armor and somekind of crazy hammer or cleaver of some sort in hand just looking so menacing.

The troll from the Black Gate sequence was pretty amazing too, but I felt like some of the others were a a little too "background." If Sideshow were to pull the trigger on a larger scale character like this, I would be happy with either, but I would prefer the Cave Troll. Either would be totally cool though.

Would people be disappointed if Sideshow made a Cave Troll PF using lighter/alternative materials for an oversized behemoth like this? I remember there being some upset about plastic being used for Boba Fett, and I wonder if vinyl in this scale would be a suitable alternative. Jabba was gorgeous and the upcoming dewback looks pretty swanky, and I would be okay with a different material for a Cave Troll if I knew in advance what I was buying.

Anything that looks good and is more easily affordable would do me right now :(

The old saying of 'Be careful what you wish for' is really kicking in with a slew of HIGH high end products coming up thick and fast such as Rivendell, PF Ringwraith, Sauron etc.

I would like to see CT crouched over with the spear in his hand though :wink1:

Anything that looks good and is more easily affordable would do me right now :(

The old saying of 'Be careful what you wish for' is really kicking in with a slew of HIGH high end products coming up thick and fast such as Rivendell, PF Ringwraith, Sauron etc.

I would like to see CT crouched over with the spear in his hand though :wink1:

Couching over would be cool. Hope we see a cave troll....

Hmmm, Cave Troll LSF? :idea

How did I know this was going to come up.....and wou'ld be bringing it up. :lol My only question in regard to the $2000 Cave Troll LSF is what took you so long......

How did I know this was going to come up.....and wou'ld be bringing it up. :lol My only question in regard to the $2000 Cave Troll LSF is what took you so long......

I did not have the wit to see it. My love of the halfling’s leaf has clearly slowed my mind. :D

Back