Cave Troll PF (Any Interest)?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bullseye

Super Freak
Reaction score
Any interest in one of these big ones getting made into a PF or perhaps an Attack Troll?

Not really. At 1/4 scale it would make the Hulk PF look like a midget. The cost, not to mention the shipping, would be obscene. Esp. for those living in Europe. :(

A Cave Troll would rock but would also be expensive.
I would rather get the full fellowship first. Boromir and Gimli being next!

Not really. At 1/4 scale it would make the Hulk PF look like a midget. The cost, not to mention the shipping, would be obscene. Esp. for those living in Europe. :(

Yeah, unfortunatly, I agree with you on this Woodsy :( Though a 1:4 scale cave troll would be a sight to behold :drool

And anyway the weta one is good enough for me :naughty :lol

Oh I am a for the fellowship getting done just putting this one forward
for the bad guys. I have the SSWeta one and a bigger kit but I would still love a 1/4 scale PF.

Or at the very least an Attack Troll.

A cave troll or attack troll PF would be great, but as the others stated, it would be immense and obscenely expensive. I would love SS to tackle a troll though for those of us that don't collect the LSB line. A dio of the Battle of Balin's Tomb with interlocking set pieces like SS's Queen Alien and Power Loader dio would be a great.

Last edited:
who says a PF HAS to be 1/4 scale?

If SSC made it 1/6th it would still be big enough to interest PF collectors AND it would appeal to 1/6th collectors.

who says a PF HAS to be 1/4 scale?
If SSC made it 1/6th it would still be big enough to interest PF collectors AND it would appeal to 1/6th collectors.

Agreed....I'm all for a PF cave troll...it'll make me feel better for having to sell the weta cave troll...:monkey2

It would be a cool feat to accomplish but probably if it ever happened it would be out of my price range,

No, this would be a waste of the PF style. I'd buy just about any LotR PF they did, but probably not a Troll.

party pooper.

I try my best. :lol

Couldn't it be a macquette of some kind? Is there a limitation on size for those? I agree that 1/4 scale is too big.

SS has 3 LOTR licences, that's it. LSB's, 1/4 scale PF's, and 1/9 scale [or smaller as in the cases of the FB vs Eagle and Balrog Vs Gandalf] dio's. No maquettes, and nothing in the 1/5-1/8 scale range whatsoever.

Why not go for a 1:1 scale? :D
lotrEXHIBITION003.jpg

lotrEXHIBITION002.jpg

No, this would be a waste of the PF style. I'd buy just about any LotR PF they did, but probably not a Troll.

The Orc Warrior hardly has any PF elements yet its one of if not the best PF released in the LoTR line sofar. Same could be said for a great CT PF.

The Orc Warrior hardly has any PF elements yet its one of if not the best PF released in the LoTR line sofar. Same could be said for a great CT PF.

Actually, the Berserker PF has even less with only a small piece of leather covering [thankfully] his private areas. A Cave Troll PF would be no different.

Back