Premium Format Catwoman Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Catwoman PF?

If I could afford - and had a place to display her - I would buy the LSF.

It does have a few flaws, mainly hips that are way too narrow, and her legs are a bit short.

I do like her face, and the knowing look she has. She's not sweet, or soft or adorable. I like her big clunky boots. CW should not really be a pin-up, she's a serious character and the LSF looks ready for business, not ready to climb into bed. Sorry guys!

[Not saying sex does not have a place in this hobby, of course it does, but I feel like there's a plethora of bed-ready [in appearance] female statues out there, its nice to see one focused on the task at hand for once.]

Eh. Ready for business? Not with those giant boots unless her business is construction. There is no way anyone could perform catwoman's acrobatic moves with boots that clunky.

Yeah the sex factor has been a major aspect of Catwoman for years so I am not sure why Ramatuelle is trying to turn that on its head. Just look at the recent New 52 stuff. Catwoman openly uses her sexiness as a way to get what she needs. There's nothing wrong with that when it is actually relevant to the character. The issue is the majority of female super heroes in comics all have huge thighs, large waist, long blonde or brunette hair, and huge breasts. The recent answer to this has been to remove cleavage and skirts and replace it with skin tight bodysuits, which isn't an actual solution. Another problem is that comic book artists love to just draw all females as super models with the same body so it ends up blending everyone together. In the case of Catwoman though her charms are outfit make sense and are fully intended.

Eh. Ready for business? Not with those giant boots unless her business is construction. There is no way anyone could perform catwoman's acrobatic moves with boots that clunky.

that boot is massive......................

Yeah the sex factor has been a major aspect of Catwoman for years so I am not sure why Ramatuelle is trying to turn that on its head. Just look at the recent New 52 stuff. Catwoman openly uses her sexiness as a way to get what she needs. There's nothing wrong with that when it is actually relevant to the character. The issue is the majority of female super heroes in comics all have huge thighs, large waist, long blonde or brunette hair, and huge breasts. The recent answer to this has been to remove cleavage and skirts and replace it with skin tight bodysuits, which isn't an actual solution. Another problem is that comic book artists love to just draw all females as super models with the same body so it ends up blending everyone together. In the case of Catwoman though her charms are outfit make sense and are fully intended.

no one ever complains that the men all look like fitness models... so why damn women in comics who look like fitness models. These characters are larger than life. I want them to be super.

.... Considering all the stuff that goes on in the books, someone wearing heavy boots is a lot less stressful on the ol' plausibility scale than most issues. In fact, that's downright mundane when stacked up against stuff like a baby being kited over here from another planet which is about to explode, who grows up able to fly so fast he can turn back time, shoot laser beams out of his eyes, and lift, well... half the planet. AND who has his own ice fortress retreat. Pah-leeeasse. :lol

no one ever complains that the men all look like fitness models... so why damn women in comics who look like fitness models. These characters are larger than life. I want them to be super.

No one is complaining about the men, because the men are not portrayed as cheescake.

Like I said, that has its place but not on every. last. female. figure. Your mileage may vary, in fact I'm pretty sure the mileage of most male collectors will vary from my statement. As a female collector I enjoy the occasional fully-clothed female sculpt: CW is 95% covered but she makes her point just fine, I think.

Subtle can be good. For un-subtle we got Ivy over there, who is also a fantastic sculpt. :peace

I agree that this is also a huge problem in comic books too. It's hard to really work things out for everyone I suppose.

No I don't want to pay 400 dollars to have her look like her neck is broken.

Lol I agree, that would be worst case scenario, if we get another head it should be maybe with goggles on.

They should have some fat chicks in comics. They'll reach the chubby chaser demographic. Fat chicks in costume won't look so bad at comic con also.

They should have some fat chicks in comics. They'll reach the chubby chaser demographic. Fat chicks in costume won't look so bad at comic con also.

I was gonna say that that's what the comic cons are for, for these beasts to parade themselves in super hero costumes, I think that more then covers the need for this lol

I wonder if they'll make a Granny Goodness pf.

1985031-grannygoodness2.jpg

I was gonna say that that's what the comic cons are for, for these beasts to parade themselves in super hero costumes, I think that more then covers the need for this lol

I shouldn't have laughed since it is so offensive, but when I read "beasts" I died of laughter :rotfl

I shouldn't have laughed since it is so offensive, but when I read "beasts" I died of laughter :rotfl

Don't get me wrong I mean that with the best intensions, lol

Back