Premium Format Catwoman (Batman Returns)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep I was charged this morning.... That used to mean the statue was shipping out the next day, now I'm not so sure as they've made me wait up to a week to ship it after charging me..

Yea, not sure what's up with that. I've had that too ..where they ship it a day or a couple days after charging. Normally they ship it the same day it was charged.

Just spoke with SS via Live Chat and they told me to expect the item to ship today and get a tracking number by the end of the day.:clap

Just shipped, seems a lot of stuff coming at once. Ouch.

No kidding, I have Iron Studios Black Panther & Falcon, Sideshow Green Goblin, Dark Phoenix, BVS Batman, this Catwoman, and Dark Knight Joker all probably coming within a month a two of each other.

Plus a couple of Prime 1 Transformer busts, and I'm also thinking on picking up their 1/3 Deathstroke.

Last night my tracking said to be delivered tuesday.
This morning I see there is an update, my reaction to the change was like....
2017-01-14 09.56.00.jpg

From FB now I definitely have to pick her up.
6b747a197b8a0431c4077f0af60e1c77.jpg

A lot of people on Facebook label this piece as boring, too simple. That is why I like it. She was designed to display well with batman.
I can't see this one having an extravagant base or overly action filled pose. This is exactly how I would have done her. Standing on a simple rooftop waiting for batman.

Last edited:
A lot of people on Facebook label this piece as boring, too simple. That is why I like it. She was designed to display well with batman.
I can't see this one having an extravagant base or overly action filled pose. This is exactly how I would have done her. Standing on a simple rooftop waiting for batman.

I for one am glad that SS went for that "boring, too simple" pose as some people put it. At this scale, what's important to me is that they capture BR Catwoman's sexy and playfully teasing yet scheming side, while Tweeterhead decided well to go with a more feral pose for their smaller scale statue :)

I think it works OK for this character and, as you said, it displays well with Batman. In general, I think SS's design team is too talented to waste on museum poses. The time when PFs were the largest, definitive representations of the characters is over. Leave the space saving poses for Prime 1 (who has the Keaton Bats license) or smaller companies who can't afford to take risks with niche, dynamic poses. I want to see more Captain Marvels and Allied Charge on Hydra Captain Americas from SS where they even make the XM versions look comparatively stiff. The whip spiraling down Pfeiffer's leg on this PF looks like SS acknowledging the pose is boring and tried to add some flavor despite it not making much sense. I would still buy it if not for my portrait concerns, so I'm eagerly awaiting/dreading in-hand pics.

I disagree. I still prefer museum poses. I guess it all depends on the space you have available. I don't want to commit a whole room to statues. I also like to have related characters displayed closer together, not over a foot apart. I think Captain Marvel was a great design/compromise. I consider it a mix of museum and dynamic. She is compact, but action filled. More well designed pieces like her would be great.

My final payment goes through tomorrow. She's crossing borders so I'll have to wait longer but I'll be glad to set her up with my other SS Catwoman Premium Format!

Tracking says tomorrow for delivery!
I'll post some quick cell phone close ups, but don't worry, I'll be sure to use a flash!

Back