Premium Format Catwoman (Batman Returns)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If it looked like Pfeiffer I would've bought it. Even with the likeness off I still kinda want this.

It's a good looking statue but yeah I agree the likeness isn't great, I think they made her face to tall which throws the likeness off...

It's a good looking statue but yeah I agree the likeness isn't great, I think they made her face to tall which throws the likeness off...

My issue with it is all about the eyes. They are too narrow (squinty), they are too high on her face, the eyeliner and eye shadow is wrong, and the eyebrows are too light, too thin and don't have Michelle's arch.

300270_press08.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

4168488535_daa59008b4.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah, the likeness definitely has a lot to improve on (I think the nose is too long? And yes, the eyes a tad wide apart), but I think this might already be one of Sideshow's movie PFs with decent likeness. I really wish the likeness is as great as those Blitzway 1/4 hybrid statues, but I doubt that we'll see another 1/4 Pfeiffer Catwoman statue in the near future, so I'm pretty happy with what we're getting.

Still, I wouldn't mind if this figure had a slight delay to have the likeness tweaked, but at this point everything else is what could have been.

Hm, I wonder if the NECA 1/4 Catwoman's head would fit on the SSC's Premium Format Figure's body? Since we're getting two heads with the NECA release I could use the other on the figure. Still, I can't shake the feeling of getting a bit ripped off buying a $300-400 figure with one inaccurate headsculpt, when another company offers a figure with two (seemingly) more accurate headsculpts for $80-$90.

I think the mask threw the artist/sculptor off as far as measurements. If one were able to take the mask off, the likeness would look nothing like Michelle Pfeiffer. A better approach would have been to sculpt Michelle Pfeiffer's face without the mask first, and then sculpt/paint the mask on top.

I think the mask threw the artist/sculptor off as far as measurements. If one were able to take the mask off, the likeness would look nothing like Michelle Pfeiffer. A better approach would have been to sculpt Michelle Pfeiffer's face without the mask first, and then sculpt/paint the mask on top.

Just a quick cell phone photoshop removing the mask.
2016-12-17 07.43.13.jpg

Back