Carrie Fisher suffers major heart attack

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You're in your 20s aren't you? :lol

Try again.

It's called being acquainted with death. And so 60 is a decent run no matter how you look at it, people die younger than that every day. If you get 60 years consider it a blessing. (but you might not make it that long with all the fast food you eat:))

Hope Carrie is ok!

No, 60 is not a "descent run". 60 is a tragedy. You barely have a clue who you are and what you have and what it all means until you're close to 40. That's when you gain the wisdom of context. Just because there are people who pass away at 30' or 20, or as babies...or before they are even permitted to live, Has no baring on the tragedy of losing someone as young as 60.

But speaking of context, it's all about the quality of the time you spend. There are those with considerable wisdom who pack a lifetime of wonder into just a handful of years...but I'd still consider their death a 60 a tragedy. So much more to see.

As for Carrie, I suspect life is calling in some markers from a youth spent at times wisdom-free. Here's hoping her later years, and these years, gift her with both the vision and opportunity to "begin to make things right."

Praying for you, CF.

Rey is your new Princess now, boy!!

Rey does not yet have medal giving powers.

No, 60 is not a "descent run". 60 is a tragedy. You barely have a clue who you are and what you have and what it all means until you're close to 40. That's when you gain the wisdom of context. Just because there are people who pass away at 30' or 20, or as babies...or before they are even permitted to live, Has no baring on the tragedy of losing someone as young as 60.

But speaking of context, it's all about the quality of the time you spend. There are those with considerable wisdom who pack a lifetime of wonder into just a handful of years...but I'd still consider their death a 60 a tragedy. So much more to see.

As for Carrie, I suspect life is calling in some markers from a youth spent at times wisdom-free. Here's hoping her later years, and these years, gift her with both the vision and opportunity to "begin to make things right."

Praying for you, CF.

This.

60 is a crazy young age to die in this era.
Tragic, let's hope she's ok.

This.

Try again.

It's called being acquainted with death. And so 60 is a decent run no matter how you look at it, people die younger than that every day. If you get 60 years consider it a blessing. (but you might not make it that long with all the fast food you eat:))

Hope Carrie is ok!

Don't have to try again. You said you are 40, and there's a ton of people on this board who would consider you ancient. That's what I was getting at. Your comment sounded like it came from someone like that.

Yeah, I might die tomorrow. Guess I should consider that a good run. :yess:

From my perspective I've had a "decent run" too and when my time comes I'll have had no regrets.

But my kids won't see it that way. And Fisher's loved ones won't see it that way either if she doesn't pull through. I wish her and her family a strong recovery, nothing else to be said.

Updates are hard to find, but just read that it's "confirmed" she's on a ventilator. With the news media who knows, but since they are being so secretive it doesn't sound the best. Hope she pulls through.

40 ancient.....

Wow.......about to be +5 ancient then.

Average american life span is 78.8 years's now..so I doubt 1/2 way through should be considered ancient.

Updates are hard to find, but just read that it's "confirmed" she's on a ventilator. With the news media who knows, but since they are being so secretive it doesn't sound the best. Hope she pulls through.

Yeah ventilator = not good.

Back