Carrie Fisher had a massive heart attack today....

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dying from a broken heart... where have I heard of it...? Ah, yes, Lucas' "awful" writing.

How sad, this is. :(

No. Sidious used the "keep people you love from dying" power he learned from Plageus to keep Anakin alive by taking Padme's life. On the audio track to ROTS you can hear Anakin's heart stop beating for a bit before it starts up again. And it's all during the time of the childbirth.

Sounds like they have the actors' rights for life, but not into death.

https://www.slate.com/blogs/browbea...o_keep_carrie_fisher_in_star_wars_future.html

Well, I for one am very excited to see that CGI Princess Leia filling entire scenes.:monkey3

Here's the early Episode IX test...

giphy.gif

Or not ....

From SW.com
"A STATEMENT REGARDING NEW RUMORS
JAN 13, 2017

We don’t normally respond to fan or press speculation, but there is a rumor circulating that we would like to address. We want to assure our fans that Lucasfilm has no plans to digitally recreate Carrie Fisher’s performance as Princess or General Leia Organa.

Carrie Fisher was, is, and always will be a part of the Lucasfilm family. She was our princess, our general, and more importantly, our friend. We are still hurting from her loss. We cherish her memory and legacy as Princess Leia, and will always strive to honor everything she gave to Star Wars."

Maybe that statement is a "spoiler" comment? It could mean in a roundabout way that episode 8 maybe her characters last appearance anyway.

Glad to hear it. I would have found it way too distracting to have a fully CG Leia throughout all of Ep IX, just as the story was building up towards it's big conclusion. I'd rather they either wrap up her story in VIII or find a way to spread the scenes she filmed across both movies.

The wording "Lucasfilm has no plans to digitally recreate Carrie Fisher’s performance as Princess or General Leia Organa" isn't the same as saying the will not digitally recreate her role.

Just saying.

The wording "Lucasfilm has no plans to digitally recreate Carrie Fisher’s performance as Princess or General Leia Organa" isn't the same as saying the will not digitally recreate her role.

Just saying.

It would be pretty hard for them to go back on something like this.

They could by the final film. This will be well in the past, and as long as the estate is happy Disney can couch it anyway they like to appease the few fans who care by then.

Tarkin was one of the worst things about R1. I hope they leave acting to living actors and keep the CGI to a discrete minimum.

Tarkin was one of the worst things about R1. I hope they leave acting to living actors and keep the CGI to a discrete minimum.

Really? I thought he was one of the best things. Some people I talked to didn't even notice he was cgi. I didn't think it was that flawless but I did enjoy how they did it.

Really? I thought he was one of the best things. Some people I talked to didn't even notice he was cgi. I didn't think it was that flawless but I did enjoy how they did it.

Agreed. I was most critical of him on my first viewing but then seeing how his whole part played out I ended up loving how he was utilized for viewings #2 and #3. Not perfect like you said but he doesn't bother me at all.

I'd be more critical than most because I teach CG I suppose. I thought it was a good try but I found all his scenes incredibly distracting.

Back