Carrie Fisher had a massive heart attack today....

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How terrible. I can't imagine the grief and sadness Billie must feel right now. I mean the entire family in general, but Billie in particular, as well as Todd. First her mother untimely passes, then if she couldn't already feel sad enough, her grandmother on her mother's side passes. For Todd, first his sister, then his mother.

Christmas I imagine is a time of year they'll want to forget for the next several years, and if so, rightfully so. However, they may be optimistic individuals though and view it as a time that her mother and grandmother, sister and mother for Todd, would still want them to be happy with the rest of the family.

Billie will have to carry on in the SW Universe now IMHO.

I hope she does. Having her still there in a significant role will still feel like at least a part of Carrie is still there.

Dying from a broken heart... where have I heard of it...? Ah, yes, Lucas' "awful" writing.

I quite like RotS, so for that scene, I just pretend that the theory of Palpatine using telekenesis through The Force to suck the life force out of Padme and keep Anakin alive is what actually happened. Then misled Anakin into thinking he's actually the one who killed her and also explains Anakin's confusion as to how she could be dead, and why she still knew there was good in him. Dying of a "broken heart" because of him wouldn't make sense if she genuinely knew/thought there is still good in him.

Sounds much cooler and much more Sith-like to me. :lol

Dying from a broken heart... where have I heard of it...? Ah, yes, Lucas' "awful" writing.

How sad, this is. :(

Princess Leia's mom dies shortly after giving birth in the movies, Carrie Fisher's mom dies shortly after watching her daughter die in real life.

I quite like RotS, so for that scene, I just pretend that the theory of Palpatine using telekenesis through The Force to suck the life force out of Padme and keep Anakin alive is what actually happened. Then misled Anakin into thinking he's actually the one who killed her and also explains Anakin's confusion as to how she could be dead, and why she still knew there was good in him. Dying of a "broken heart" because of him wouldn't make sense if she genuinely knew/thought there is still good in him.

Sounds much cooler and much more Sith-like to me. :lol

Or more simply, she had decided that she was wrong, and there was no good left. The writing is still bad, but the logic is sound.

Debbie Reynolds was a frail and ailing 84 year old woman. She died of a stroke. Sure, grief no doubt played a role in bringing this one on but she died as a result of a very real physical problem. Padme was stated in the movie to be physically fine. It suggests that sadness was the direct cause of death which was and continues to be laughable.

Last edited:
Eh, I just assumed Padme died from some stress-induced complication following labour and the emotional trauma from the whole Anakin ordeal... and that the droid was a fresh medical intern in over his head and on the spot in front of a Jedi. He was sweating bullets and decided to just wing it.

Hurry up 2017!

Why? So it can be just as **** as this year?

The icons that a large number of people alive today grew up on are either getting near their time, or near the age that life style choices made earlier in their lives are catching up to them. Cancer will continue to happen, same with freak accidents. This isn't going to change. 2016 has been a bad year but 2017 will be no respite.

The icons that a large number of people alive today grew up on are either getting near their time, or near the age that life style choices made earlier in their lives are catching up to them. Cancer will continue to happen, same with freak accidents. This isn't going to change. 2016 has been a bad year but 2017 will be no respite.

Downer, but it's sadly the truth. Our music, Tv and movie 'heroes' are getting old/older. I'm sure there have been just as impactful years, but they were people 'before our time', so we don't notice as much.

Time marches on...

You've just caused Harrison Ford and Mark Hamill's deaths. WTG bro. WTG.

Back