Carrie Fisher had a massive heart attack today....

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From Carrie Fisher herself.

"Please stop debating about whether or not that I have aged well. Unfortunately it hurts all three of my feelings. Youth and beauty are not an accomplishment. They're temporary, but happy byproducts of time and or DNA. Don't hold your breath for either. Along time ago in a galaxy far far away someone else might have given a ******".

Carrie Fisher

The Today Show NBC
December 2015

Carrie Fisher was always beautiful to me. Her mind, her sharp wit, & humor, along with her strength & courage when battling depression & bi-polar disorder.
My thoughts & prayers are with her family.

R.I.P.

"Please stop debating about whether or not that I have aged well. Unfortunately it hurts all three of my feelings. Youth and beauty are not an accomplishment. They're temporary, but happy byproducts of time and or DNA. Don't hold your breath for either. Along time ago in a galaxy far far away someone else might have given a ******".

Carrie Fisher

That's excellent. Very Carrie.

So well put: youth and beauty are not an accomplishment. If only the young believed that.

She was my first celebrity crush (I was 15 when Return of the Jedi came out). RIP, Carrie. :(

Like many a young 7 year old when ROTJ came out, I day-dreamed of being Luke, with the powers of the Force and the lightsaber skills. At the same time, while I was too young to really have a crush on Leia/Carrie, there was a beauty to her and her character that even a young child can appreciate. There was something warm and caring that had evolved with her character in the final movie, while at the same time retaining that kick-assness that she had in SW and Empire..

The three leads of that trilogy are my favourite all time in any saga. No combination, be it in a Marvel or DC movie, Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, and certainly the Prequel Trilogy, will ever come close..

Thanks for the condolences everyone. I've been a fan of Ms. Fisher and never met her, but her death did bring up a lot of emotions yesterday. Best for me to get busy working and keep my mind occupied.

Sorry for your loss.
I know your pain, as i lost my Mum in 2010.
I expect you don't look forward to Christmas and New Year much right now.

Sorry to hear about your loss as well.
Christmas was more of my mom's thing and I don't have kids so my stepfather and I are not celebrating anything, they are just another day.

I hope Debbie Reynolds stays strong and is okay. One of my mom's favorite movies was Mother.

Back