Premium Format Captain Marvel - Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I talked to a Sideshow rep and they said that the Regular Captain Marvel PF would arrive any day now, the exclusives would arrive a bit later.

But they should both be here before the end of December.

I talked to a Sideshow rep and they said that the Regular Captain Marvel PF would arrive any day now, the exclusives would arrive a bit later.

But they should both be here before the end of December.

That can't be right. The exclusive hasn't even sold out yet has it?

The exclusive edition should ship first because they don't even have the regular page up unless you search for it.

The exclusive edition should ship first because they don't even have the regular page up unless you search for it.

Exactly. Seems like a mistaking of words. I was told previously that the exclusives should definitely arrive in December and they will go out in 1 large shipment from sideshow.

The regular version might not be available from Sideshow, but hasn't it been for sale since day one from BBTS and other online sources?

Looks like the regular version has been on sale from other sites, but wouldn't it be a bit backwards to release the version that they don't advertise on their own website first?

Looks like the regular version has been on sale from other sites, but wouldn't it be a bit backwards to release the version that they don't advertise on their own website first?

Yes, and maybe the report is incorrect. Or maybe Sideshow wants to keep their resellers happy by getting product to them ASAP? I noticed that BBTS is sold out of their allotment.

Yes, and maybe the report is incorrect. Or maybe Sideshow wants to keep their resellers happy by getting product to them ASAP? I noticed that BBTS is sold out of their allotment.

Keep resellers happy or keep already guaranteed customers happy? Hmmmm seems like an easy busy decision hahahha

They receive shipments of both REGs and EXs

Wolverine regular editions arrived before the EXs by a couple of weeks...

That's because wolverine regular editions actually were sold by time they were shippinghahaha. The exclusive is not yet sold out for CM. It is very impractical that they would take a large shipment of regular editions when the exclusives are the only ones that will be getting shipped to customers. Unless they truly are going to accept thousands of regular CMs and just send them to resellers or hold on to them until the ex (which hasn't been shipped yet in this scenario) finally is shipped and sells out hahaha

That's because wolverine regular editions actually were sold by time they were shippinghahaha. The exclusive is not yet sold out for CM. It is very impractical that they would take a large shipment of regular editions when the exclusives are the only ones that will be getting shipped to customers. Unless they truly are going to accept thousands of regular CMs and just send them to resellers or hold on to them until the ex (which hasn't been shipped yet in this scenario) finally is shipped and sells out hahaha

What makes you think that the regs shipped to resellers aren't already sold? BBST has sold all of those going to them.

What makes you think that the regs shipped to resellers aren't already sold? BBST has sold all of those going to them.

I don't. But which do you think currently has more sold? Exclusive CM? Or regular CM?

I don't. But which do you think currently has more sold? Exclusive CM? Or regular CM?

I don't think there's any way to know. The EX is sold on a single website, while the reg is sold on many. Also not sure why that would even be relevant. If the factory ships the reg first, it would be inefficient to warehouse those pieces until the exclusive arrives.

I don't think there's any way to know. The EX is sold on a single website, while the reg is sold on many. Also not sure why that would even be relevant. If the factory ships the reg first, it would be inefficient to warehouse those pieces until the exclusive arrives.

huh? The point is that the regular shouldn't ship first if the exclusive isn't sold out. Haha. The difference is that the exclusive gets an extra head. If i had a similar business, i would have seen how the selling of this item was going and I would have told the factor to produce the exclusives first. Although both in house and indirect business is important, one should always take care of the people that purchase directly from them. It is simple that they make more per piece sold when we buy from them over other companies/sideshow distributors.

huh? The point is that the regular shouldn't ship first if the exclusive isn't sold out. Haha. The difference is that the exclusive gets an extra head. If i had a similar business, i would have seen how the selling of this item was going and I would have told the factor to produce the exclusives first. Although both in house and indirect business is important, one should always take care of the people that purchase directly from them. It is simple that they make more per piece sold when we buy from them over other companies/sideshow distributors.

So let's say they've sold a thousand of the EX and 700 of the REG. It's not efficient to produce the 1000 exclusive sculpts, paint, package, and ship them, then start the process all over again for the REG. You produce all 1700 at the same time. The exclusive, in this case the masked portrait, is produced seperately. So if they're all done at the same time, or if the EX takes a bit longer because of the extra portrait, why delay shipping the REG? It's not efficient to warehouse them just so you can ship the EX first.

So let's say they've sold a thousand of the EX and 700 of the REG. It's not efficient to produce the 1000 exclusive sculpts, paint, package, and ship them, then start the process all over again for the REG. You produce all 1700 at the same time. The exclusive, in this case the masked portrait, is produced seperately. So if they're all done at the same time, or if the EX takes a bit longer because of the extra portrait, why delay shipping the REG? It's not efficient to warehouse them just so you can ship the EX first.

That is a good point. I just assumed they took the extra steps first in production then said, yo, we don't need to make the heads anymore "shut that machine down!". (Metaphorically of course). The production of the bodies as you said, doesn't make a difference. So I think they would just take the steps to see that those customers that shop "exclusively" (Puns! Haha) through them would receive a priority.

This discussion has shown that the production could literally go either way. One way gets their exclusive customers their exclusive items sooner. And the other helps out and gets the regular products to the outside distributors the fastest way possible. Both logical choices in the long run... I was just saying, if I ran a similar business, I would add extra incentive for buying the exclusive items from me by making sure you got your product first.

Yeah, I was trying to remember a piece that did that. Couldn't remember which, but Wolverine sounds right.

It's wouldn't surprise me if Regulars arrive first though. Regardless, probably not a far cry from the Exclusives arriving. I think the question will be - is there any implications on the replacements and those customers getting regulars first over Exclusive owners?

Back