Captain Marvel - March 8, 2019

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wrong on both counts. Already 200 million over your guess of 900 million and also ahead of Wonder Woman.

Well, can't be right all the time! Just because I have the same initials as Jesus Christ doesn't make me him It wasn't a bad guess, at least I was in the game. not on the sidelines. WW is still a better film than CM. she'll always be the Queen!

I actually enjoyed the CM movie, and didn't find her objectionable, but boy did they not make her character palatable in Endgame.

Yeah, her character in EG I felt just didn’t have any warmth or charm to her at all. Granted she didn’t have much screen time though.

It's funny I thought CM was being set up to basically be the Deus Ex Machina of Endgame...which would not have gone over well I imagine...but her scenes could literally been given to powered up Thor with Stormbringer from the end of Infinity War and it would not have changed a thing...

I thought the same thing. The only mildly legitimate reason she made sense in the film was to bring Stark and Nebula back to Earth. But being that was right after IW, Thor could have just summoned the bifrost with Stormbreaker and done that. Then she did some ground reconnaissance for the rest of the remaining Avengers (after essentially mocking them for losing) when they went to kill Thanos. Nothing really noteworthy.

Then she randomly showed up at the end battle for about two minutes to remind everyone that apparently, there’s nothing in the universe more powerful than her than the Infinity Stones.

Her character really felt forced in to me in EG.

Yep...when she showed up for the final battle at the end I had honestly forgotten that she had been in the movie.

Yep...when she showed up for the final battle at the end I had honestly forgotten that she had been in the movie.

Don't worry you will get plenty of Captain Marvel reminders in the coming years.

Maybe i'm wrong, but didn't they film Endgame before they filmed Captain Marvel? I was ready to hate the movie because of BL's mouth but liked it instead.

dead_horse.gif

Or are you attempting to bait a certain someone?

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

Don't worry you will get plenty of Captain Marvel reminders in the coming years.

Don't get me wrong this is not intended as a knock on the Captain Marvel character really just agreeing with SilverStar's assessment that she was surprisingly (at least to me) not an integral part of the film...she seemed to be tacked on almost as an afterthought. Between the post credits scene of Infinity War with Fury's pager and the timing of her own movie's release...if someone had told me before Endgame came out that Captain Marvel would have a smaller role than Nebula, Rocket, and even Ant-Man I would not have believed them.

Agreed. It’s not meant to be a knock on the character overall and it won’t stop me from still watching CM at some point. But just based on what I saw, I don’t think she really made any sense in EG. Like you said, the way Fury paged her at the end of IW made it seem like she was going to be a game changer in EG and heavily relied upon by the group. She literally had no bearing on the outcome of the film. BP came out just before IW where we were introduced to Wakanda, and Wakanda was heavily involved in IW.

It’s like CM was simply inserted into EG to mock the Avengers because she could have beaten Thanos blindfolded with one hand tied behind her back.

Didn't she reach in time to destroy Thanos ship that was raining down artillery on the battlefield? That seem pretty significant seeing otherwise the avengers side would have been continued to be pinned down resulting in more casualties.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Like another poster pointed out captain marvel had a huge impact in EG, she saved Ironman in the beginning, took out that ship Superman style, kicked thanos ass to the point he had to pull out the power stone which gave tony time to make his move. The only McMuffin is when he punched her she never came back, she could have wielded the gauntlet as well, done the snap no harm no foul, but RDJ contract was up so it was his time..plus they avoided the whole cm single handily saved the day talk, but she could have had she not disappeared after a thanos punch....it was pretty stupid that she never came back after he punched her, did he send her thru time lol.. I mean she is pretty fast, mcu supergirl no doubt without a kryptonite weakness, her only weakness is the actress playing her

You got to love Bri Larson though

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=b2Wo1t62oGo

[...] she could have wielded the gauntlet as well, done the snap no harm no foul,[...]

Captain Marvel and Scarlet Witch are crazy powerful, but as far as I know it's unclear if they could have withstood the full power of all Infinity Stones. Out-of-shape Thor wasn't in any shape at that point, and they took their toll on Hulk.

[...] but she could have had she not disappeared after a thanos punch....it was pretty stupid that she never came back after he punched her, did he send her thru time lol.. [...]

I assumed he knocked her out cold for a bit. She did take the Power Stone to the face.

Captain Marvel and Scarlet Witch are crazy powerful, but as far as I know it's unclear if they could have withstood the full power of all Infinity Stones. Out-of-shape Thor wasn't in any shape at that point, and they took their toll on Hulk.

I assumed he knocked her out cold for a bit. She did take the Power Stone to the face.

My thoughts as well.

Regarding her saving Stark and Nebula, I still feel that’s something Thor could have easily done, and the plot wouldn’t have changed. However, I suppose one could make the argument that Thor had no idea where they were.

My thoughts as well.

Regarding her saving Stark and Nebula, I still feel that’s something Thor could have easily done, and the plot wouldn’t have changed. However, I suppose one could make the argument that Thor had no idea where they were.

Thor has been out of the loop for a while; I don’t know the in-universe explanation of how she found them, but I imagine she has connections and resources as she’s an interplanetary kinda gal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back