Captain Marvel - March 8, 2019

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thor has been out of the loop for a while; I don’t know the in-universe explanation of how she found them, but I imagine she has connections and resources as she’s an interplanetary kinda gal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well originally finding Thanos she said she knew some beings who might have a clue, more or less. *Shrug* IMO Feige made a big deal of CM - even introducing the character in a forced way right before EG - with totally bad timing.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Kinda ironic after the hype overdrive tho that apparently Disney is gonna kick back and think things over re upcoming movies, so who knows if there will ever be another CM movie. IMO they really should've just saved her for Marvel's next phases; introducing her in a BP or Spidey movie or something, maybe. :dunno

She really was an outsider in AEG wasn't she.

Spoiler Spoiler:

As much hate as CM gets here, she did get a cheer from the audience when she appeared in EG on both of my viewings. Considering my 2nd viewing had a more subdued audience (barely reacted to the film), her getting a cheer especially towards the end of the film says that maybe the negative reactions to her and her solo film are mostly in smaller circles.

She really was an outsider in AEG wasn't she.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Yeah the crowd cheered for her return during my opening night viewing too. It was a pretty awesome moment and I'll repeat I don't hate her character I'm just glad that she didn't upstage the founding members of the team. Well I'm glad that she didn't upstage Cap, Tony, Thor, BW, and HE at least, lol.

I just think the character’s intro and development are rushed, so I just don’t care about her.

If they take some time over the next few films it’ll be fine.

Just an awkward and badly timed intro.

My thoughts are that Carol was already at the Avengers' base when someone became aware of Tony and Nebula's whereabouts and then went back out into space to find them. Maybe the ship was transmitting a distress signal and Rocket was able to track the ship that way? After finding its location, Carol was the best option to attempt a rescue. Given her powers, she would will also be able to power the ship back up (to some extent) to aid in the trip home.

My thoughts are that Carol was already at the Avengers' base when someone became aware of Tony and Nebula's whereabouts and then went back out into space to find them. Maybe the ship was transmitting a distress signal and Rocket was able to track the ship that way? After finding its location, Carol was the best option to attempt a rescue. Given her powers, she would will also be able to power the ship back up (to some extent) to aid in the trip home.

Thought that:

Spoiler Spoiler:

I think this is correct. In the Captain Marvel post-credits scene she arrives at the Avengers facility expecting to find Nick Fury and instead finds Cap, Widow, Banner etc who had been continuing to broadcast her signal. So by Endgame she has already spent time there and they have her go back out into space to find Tony.

I think this is correct. In the Captain Marvel post-credits scene she arrives at the Avengers facility expecting to find Nick Fury and instead finds Cap, Widow, Banner etc who had been continuing to broadcast her signal. So by Endgame she has already spent time there and they have her go back out into space to find Tony.

Exactly... That post scene was before the events of EG. So apparently she was a little late to the party and arrived just after the battle at Wakanda when they all went back to Avengers compound to lick their wounds. We never saw any introductions.

Also, she is not an Avenger. Just because she's part of the group, she was never officially made an Avenger. At least not that we ever saw. I'm glad she wasn't in the line up with Cap's "Avengers Assemble" line.. :)

Thor has been out of the loop for a while; I don’t know the in-universe explanation of how she found them, but I imagine she has connections and resources as she’s an interplanetary kinda gal.

Thor wasn’t his overweight self yet at that point. He was still with the group.

Yeah the crowd cheered for her return during my opening night viewing too. It was a pretty awesome moment and I'll repeat I don't hate her character I'm just glad that she didn't upstage the founding members of the team. Well I'm glad that she didn't upstage Cap, Tony, Thor, BW, and HE at least, lol.

The one who the crowd really cheered for on his return during my viewing was Spider-Man.

Thor wasn’t his overweight self yet at that point. He was still with the group.

Yeah, but I feel like he spent most of his time between Asgard, Earth and the odd other Asgard-related realm.

Marvel seems more connected to the galactic community, kinda like the Guardians. Could be wrong; it’s not like Thor didn’t get around.

Petition Demands Brie Larson Be Replaced With Gay Woman Of Color In “Captain Marvel”

https://www.redstate.com/brandon_mo...rson-replaced-gay-woman-color-captain-marvel/

:rotfl :lol :rotfl

Can't make this **** up folks....

Couldn't happen to a nicer person... :monkey3

Makes perfect sense to me. When you’re constantly looking to cultivate new crops of victims, identity politics will invariably cannibalize itself. There’s always going to be overlap.

Over here the crowd cheered for CM, Strange and Spidey the most.

Not many people cheered in my viewing for CM actually that I recall. It was mostly for Cap, when Spidey returned, and then when Iron Man showed Thanos that he had swiped the Infinity Stones.

There may have been cheers actually when she appeared to take down Thanos’s ship, but I can’t vividly recall if there were.

I just think the character’s intro and development are rushed, so I just don’t care about her.

If they take some time over the next few films it’ll be fine.

Just an awkward and badly timed intro.

Shes the DCU character of the MCU...

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

Back