Captain Marvel - March 8, 2019

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This guy.

LNFhOVe.png

VYSY9Wd.png

Dr. South Bronx :lol

Just saw it, 6/10 for me. I was looking forward to seeing this but it ended up having nothing memorable and I definitely don't need to see this twice. The action was pretty mediocre save for maybe the very end, overall the most disappointing Marvel movie I've seen in a long time. The soundtrack for the movie was terrible too, especially for that fight on the kree ship.... ugh

Just saw it, 6/10 for me. I was looking forward to seeing this but it ended up having nothing memorable and I definitely don't need to see this twice. The action was pretty mediocre save for maybe the very end, overall the most disappointing Marvel movie I've seen in a long time. The soundtrack for the movie was terrible too, especially for that fight on the kree ship.... ugh

You didn’t like no doubts she just a girl blasting in the background while she whoops on a bunch of kree dudes lol. Your probably not the only one. Honestly, it made me chuckle.. it’s one of the those moments that make you laugh or cringe.. Just don’t hate on the nirvana stuff and we good

Easter eggs.... The Nirvana stuff didn't fit because....

That bit about Stan Lee was pretty neat!

You didn’t like no doubts she just a girl blasting in the background while she whoops on a bunch of kree dudes lol. Your probably not the only one. Honestly, it made me chuckle.. it’s one of the those moments that make you laugh or cringe.. Just don’t hate on the nirvana stuff and we good

lol the nirvana playing in the background was distracting. I do like that song it just didn't fit the scene.

Haha damn ok.. her name was on it. I guess fury should have hit that pager button earlier, why the **** did he wait until after thanos basically won.. I’m still a bit confused by what fury considers an emergency worth paging her, alien invasions and world threatening AI wasn’t enough.. he had to be dying himself to hit that button.. maybe it’s just the fury help I’ve fallen and I can’t get up button

The real reason IMO is that's what happens when you write lazy sloppy *&^% and have a whole bunch of writers and directors who are girls who just wanna have fun...but - spoiler tags just in case...
Spoiler Spoiler:

I really wanna ask Feige - who I had mad respect for, at some point - politely - is he even listening to himself. Or just stressed and overworked:sick. I wanna ask critics, whoever wrote this article, and some journalists if they actually believe the verbal trash they are spewing. Or, between the RT conspiracy and the numbers juggling, have Skrulls really taken over the world:horror, and it's left to a few desperate Ytube bloggers to try to maintain some sort of sanity.

Catching up with this thread...

Great I suppose you are now going to tell me there’s no Santa Claus too.

Fair point. But I just found it forced and annoying! But then again I really dislike this character and nothing in this film changed that. Was the movie awful? No. Did the main character suck IMO ? Yes she did. She just didn't come across as a hero to me. But I'm glad you liked it. :duff

Just curious - From your comment it seems that you're familiar with her character from the comics. What exactly do you dislike? To me she isn't written all that differently from other Marvel female characters these days, and she has human issues that she struggles with akin to other Marvel heroes that (like them) make her relatable. And I thought her movie treatment improves upon that. Having her obtain her powers from an infinity stone-related explosion makes her power level easier to quantify & justify compared to the other Avengers. It also means that her existence is a result of Cap's actions in TFA (stopping Red Skull/crashing the plane) and Howard Stark fishing the tesseract out of the ocean, so IMO that gives her cool ties to both Cap and (indirectly) Tony. Although having the First Avenger's actions bring about the existence of someone whose call sign is the inspiration for the Avengers is a bit mind-blowing. :lol

She scared the **** out of Ronan he ran like a little girl, but was shown to be such a try hard badass in gotg. I wonder why he never went after the weapon again? I know why, cause she would kick his ass and there would be no gotg. They can’t have that now can they. Notice how he wasn’t scared of thanos.. but captain marvel look out.. that’s why they done ****ed up with her powers.. it’s like rey all over again nothing can challenge her

Ronan wasn't scared of Thanos until he had the power stone. Before that, he did nothing...just stood there while Thanos made fun of him.

Exactly he wasn’t scared of thanos but captain marvel freaked him the **** out. What does that say about her power level compared to thanos

I think CM's display of strength at the end of the movie (destroying the adjacent Kree Accuser ships single handedly) is Ronan's first encounter with a being with power on an infinity stone related scale, so he wisely got the hell out of there. I'm not saying he knew an infinity stone was the source of her power, but once he was working with Thanos to acquire one in GoTG I think we can assume he deduced that. Which would sync with his boldness in defying Thanos once he had possession of the power stone.

Keep political discussions out of this thread, they're against the board's CoC and Guidelines BTW. That includes videos that are meant to get a rise out of others.

If you want to talk politics then there are numerous other sites to do so.

Thread cleaned.

I saw Captain Marvel yesterday with the comic book club I sponsor and my GF; everyone enjoyed it for what it was...a comic book movie.

The real reason IMO is that's what happens when you write lazy sloppy *&^% and have a whole bunch of writers and directors who are girls who just wanna have fun...but - spoiler tags just in case...

I really wanna ask Feige - who I had mad respect for, at some point - politely - is he even listening to himself. Or just stressed and overworked:sick. I wanna ask critics, whoever wrote this article, and some journalists if they actually believe the verbal trash they are spewing. Or, between the RT conspiracy and the numbers juggling, have Skrulls really taken over the world:horror, and it's left to a few desperate Ytube bloggers to try to maintain some sort of sanity.

I think Feige is right in saying Fury did not use the pager because that didn't qualify as an emergency big enough to pull in CM. They had a line of defense (the Avengers) that worked.

Spoiler Spoiler:

It was only when the Avengers seemed to fail that he pressed that button.

Well...looks like the "boycotts" were ineffective. Pulled in 153M domestically and 455M total this weekend. Better luck next time i guess...

Well...looks like the "boycotts" were ineffective. Pulled in 153M domestically and 455M total this weekend. Better luck next time i guess...

You are correct CM looks to have a good weekend. But it's still mediocre at best. In time it will be viewed as the Last Jedi of the MCU.

I did my part.

Actually, I have no clue if it even opened in Japan. I doubt it did.

I'm glad it's doing well, but I always find it funny when these sites rush to post the weekend estimates on Sunday and use the past tense to describe the earnings of these films. Hell, it's barely past Noon on Sunday EST! Are theatres even open yet today on the west coast? :lol

You are correct CM had a good weekend. But it's still mediocre at best. In time it will be viewed as the Last Jedi of the MCU.

It was a good movie...not my favorite MCU movie, not my least favorite. As a lifelong comic book fan who grew up in the 80's and dreamed about having something like the MCU I could not be more overjoyed that all of these films are fairly consistent critical and commercial hits. It still surprises me that some comic book fans actually seem to be rooting against some of these films because of nonsense that has nothing to do with the actual films themselves. Oh, and at the risk of inspiring any of your blood vessels to burst...I consider being the Last Jedi of the MCU to be pretty high praise so...

Catching up with this thread...

Just curious - From your comment it seems that you're familiar with her character from the comics. What exactly do you dislike? To me she isn't written all that differently from other Marvel female characters these days, and she has human issues that she struggles with akin to other Marvel heroes that (like them) make her relatable. And I thought her movie treatment improves upon that. Having her obtain her powers from an infinity stone-related explosion makes her power level easier to quantify & justify compared to the other Avengers. It also means that her existence is a result of Cap's actions in TFA (stopping Red Skull/crashing the plane) and Howard Stark fishing the tesseract out of the ocean, so IMO that gives her cool ties to both Cap and (indirectly) Tony. Although having the First Avenger's actions bring about the existence of someone whose call sign is the inspiration for the Avengers is a bit mind-blowing. :lol
She was far more interesting when she was Ms. Marvel, she struggled with alcoholism and various other human issues. She also had a fun side hanging out with her BGF Spiderwoman.

View attachment 447096
View attachment 447097

When Marvel launched her as CM, she began to lose those traits. Her comic runs didn’t last long, but Marvel kept relaunching the character. With each relaunch she became blander and more boring. She is now very unlikeable and the definition of a privileged hero. Her personality is more suited for a villain then a Hero. Even with all the hype due to the film opening, Her current comic is still not selling.

Back