Captain Marvel - March 8, 2019

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ironically, 66% of the people that went to see this film were male. Like with SW, males are the biggest consumers. Too bad the film seems to have an agenda against the very audience that made it a hit.

Yeah I will never understand why they do that.. Men make up most of the movie going audience. Probably most of the girls that went were either daughters with their dads or wives/girlfriends dragged out by their significant others.

I know so many woman that don't even really like movies.

This movie wasn’t that bad. I expected it to be cringe throughout. Yea there were some stupid parts and the movie wasn’t groundbreaking but it wasn’t all that bad and she struggled a bit til the end. It was nowhere near as bad as the last Jedi imo. It doesn’t deserve all this attention it’s just s run of the mill hero film with some girl power thrown in. I thought this movie was gonna be a hate letter to men but it wasn’t really. It was just meh. But still if she defeats thanos by herself it’ll be bs.

Wonder Woman was better imo

This is why I like Predators. They don’t say anything political and don’t discriminate.

Male-Designing-T-Shirt-Crew-Neck-No-Lives-Matter-t-shirt-Predator-face-t-shirt-Halloween.jpg

This movie wasn’t that bad. I expected it to be cringe throughout. Yea there were some stupid parts and the movie wasn’t groundbreaking but it wasn’t all that bad and she struggled a bit til the end. It was nowhere near as bad as the last Jedi imo. It doesn’t deserve all this attention it’s just s run of the mill hero film with some girl power thrown in. I thought this movie was gonna be a hate letter to men but it wasn’t really. It was just meh. But still if she defeats thanos by herself it’ll be bs.

Wonder Woman was better imo

WW was far better..

I didn’t think this film would be male bashing at all actually. Marvel is smart enough to avoid that.

As ho hum as this film was.... Yes it was better than TLJ

I think the phenomenon of a manufactured "crisis" that fools a bunch of people into believing that it is real can potentially be as newsworthy as an actual crisis. I think that may be why the nerd rage is receiving coverage...not because the raging nerds themselves are relevant but the fact that some folks mistakenly believe that they are is relevant. The proof of their irrelevance then coming to light makes for an even more interesting story.

"And That's A Good Thing"

:duff

So I am starting to think that the whole Brie Larson thing may have been done on purpose. Before that nobody was really talking about the film. No complaints about it being about a woman hero or anything. Just some complaints about the trailers looking very boring and nobody really knowing much about Captain Marvel.

I wonder if Brie saw the final product and got a little worried about the film itself or maybe her performance. So say something a little controversial and get people talking.. Get tons of free publicity and then Blame the old white trolls if the film does not do well and claim victory over them if it does..

And by the way, I tend to concur with this speculation.

Ironically, 66% of the people that went to see this film were male. Like with SW, males are the biggest consumers. Too bad the film seems to have an agenda against the very audience that made it a hit.

I never got the impression that the film had an anti-male agenda. If some girl power makes anyone feel like a film is anti-male then they have some bigger issues with themselves.

Maybe they just differ in their ideas of what is good? I mean no disrespect, but if your too rigid on what can or cannot be, or whom a character is or was, your bound to be disappointed in just about everything.

Thes are adaptations of the comics. I have been disappointed that Tony isnt more of a jerk, cause he sure can be in the comics....

And Thor is too “point break” and not enough God for me.

But still fun stuff.

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

Thank you for being polite. Good points. Re what can or cannot be - don't think I'm being unreasonable tho. IMO the directors had a chance to do something spectacular, and not a lot of window to do it re EG. Looking at CM as just "filler" or "another comic book movie" or "it will get better" is one way of looking at it...

tho not sure there will BE another CM movie, since Disney has so much to choose from now. But I'm never unhappy if OTHER folks are happy with a film. Plenty of people love Aquaman but I'd never pay to see that again. Not that I hated it - just didn't feel much of anything. That one's worth an IMAX view tho just for the visuals.

Just saw the movie and enjoyed it. It’s a comic book movie not Shakespeare so I wasn’t expecting anything but an ok story with great special effects and that’s just what I got. The way Jude Law was talking to her it was like she was some kind of Jedi. “Control your emotions!” So much so that she came across as stiff, but by the end she really losened up. Fury’s eye could have been handled better, like getting hurt during the fighting or something. The space scenes were great and made me wonder the Silver Surfer would look once Feige gets his hands on him. After this can’t wait for Endgame.

You got to give Mr. Feige and his team credit for pulling off the BO win. However, the audience score of 52% (The lowest for an MCU film). Makes the win a little bitter sweet. But it’s a win never the less. So it goes! I stand by everything I said here, and there will be no tears from me. It was a lively discussion and it’s good to see people passionately expressing themselves, and that’s the way it should be. So, bring on AEG!

You got to give Mr. Feige and his team credit for pulling off the BO win. However, the audience score of 52% (The lowest for an MCU film). Makes the win a little bitter sweet. But it’s a win never the less. So it goes! I stand by everything I said here, and there will be no tears from me. It was a lively discussion and it’s good to see people passionately expressing themselves, and that’s the way it should be. So, bring on AEG!

It got an A from Cinemascore and I'll trust that more than RT audience scores at this point. It's just too easy to mess with internet polling scores now.

It got an A from Cinemascore and I'll trust that more than RT audience scores at this point. It's just too easy to mess with internet polling scores now.

From what I know about Cinemascore It's not meant to indicate quality. It's about audience reaction. A film can be Meh, but people can still say they enjoyed it. plus, the scale is difference so anything lower that a B-, I believe is considered poor.

From what I know about Cinemascore It's not meant to indicate quality. It's about audience reaction. A film can be Meh, but people can still say they enjoyed it. plus, the scale is difference so anything lower that a B-, I believe is considered poor.

It also doesn't cover those movies that go down easy and seem entertaining, but a few days later once it settles you realize you have no need to ever see it again. Like Avatar.

It's nice it's not a bomb (media is ruthless when a film tanks) but there was a lot of End Game padding re BO too. Some of the outraged videos I've seen are pretty funny:cool:. But did just find out that the Russos did in fact direct the mid-credit sequence; IMO u can see the quality even in that little bit.

I feel bad as I see it as the first major crack in the MCU for me - first movie where I felt "enough" - re paying for it, anyway. But that was gonna happen as wary of Feige's next plans. Oh, well - MCU was never gonna be forever; and there's still stuff I wanna see.

Back