Captain Marvel - March 8, 2019

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dagget is what they called dogs. It's name in the original was Muffit. Didn't watch the new series so I don't know about that one.

I assumed the name John Dagget was an homage to the character Roland Dagget from Batman: The Animated Series. They were definitely similar characters.

Didn’t watch the political-rally-posing-as-an-awards-show last night, so Googled to see if Captain NoAzzatal had run her mouth: Tops every “Best Dressed” hit on the search. Didn’t see that “hype” coming :lol :lol

Didn’t watch the political-rally-posing-as-an-awards-show last night, so Googled to see if Captain NoAzzatal had run her mouth: Tops every “Best Dressed” hit on the search. Didn’t see that “hype” coming :lol :lol

I thought it was kinda known for decades that Hollywood was a very liberal place?

I mean most of the people whom work there are artists if some kind, and artists are usually more liberal than say an accountant or cop.

Its shouldn’t be a surprise, its been like this for decades?
968full-sacheen-littlefeather.jpg

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

I would say so yes. Actors and directors who happen to be conservatives seem increasingly marginalized. They're putting their careers on the line if they talk about their political views.

Last edited:
I saw Brie Larson and SLJ presenting. She can obviously be cute and charming when she wants to and she wisely portrayed that side of herself instead of the anti-white male activist side for the 11 people watching the ceremony at home.

I saw Brie Larson and SLJ presenting. She can obviously be cute and charming when she wants to and she wisely portrayed that side of herself instead of the anti-white male activist side for the 11 people watching the ceremony at home.

:lol:lol:lol
https://deadline.com/2019/02/2019-oscars-ratings-rise-spike-lee-protest-green-book-abc-1202564523/

After four years of pretty stark declines in the sets of eyeballs watching the more than three-hour ceremony, the 3.1 million viewers that last night’s Oscars gained over last year’s show now slots the hostless show as the second least watched ever....
Yet, up 12% in viewers and 13% in the key demo over the 2018 Jimmy Kimmel fronted show, the 2019 Oscars are the most watched non-sports show on all of TV since the 32.9 million who tuned in for the 2017 Oscars.

I was re-watching Age of Ultron and thinking - say what you want about Josh Whedon, he wrote some great lines, his characters are in the trenches and fighting, elaborate sets.

The only reason I thought about the Oscars, was the thought (way late), that there might have been a new End Game trailer. So that was that.:r2d2line

It has clearly become more “shove my agenda in your face” than 20 years ago.

Clearly.

I disagree. I think its always been that way, I can point to dozens of things the industry has done throughout out the years that stirred people up.

The EXPOSURE has been much increased due to social media/ 24 hour news/ and the constant reposts and blogging about it. Its also why we think crime is worse today than 10 years ago....its isnt , but the exposure and constant in your face reminders are non stop.

Plus as we age we see more of it....most of us didnt give a crap about the oscars enough to bother knowing anything about it for the first 20 years of our lives. And you had to actively seek out information in those years.

Make its seem worse.

Its not.

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

If this movie bombs ( by Marvel standards) the narrative will of course be sexism interested of BL's big mouth.

The movies I enjoy, the music I listen to, the finest works of art I've always loved have all been made by men.

I suppose that makes me sexist.

So?

Yeah, and now they've suddenly removed the "want to see it" percentage listing from the site.

What a huge coincidence...

Marvel / Disney films survive via HYPE. Strip them of all their bandwagon bullsh@t, and they'll flounder and die at the box office.
Fandango (owner of RT) knows this. THAT'S why the "want to see" (ie hype) button suddenly disappeared.

Back