Premium Format Captain America: The Winter Soldier - Coming Soon

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Production pics are up on Sideshows website. Looks great, even though it still looks nothing like Chris Evans, but for me that is actually a positive.

Production pics are up on Sideshows website. Looks great, even though it still looks nothing like Chris Evans, but for me that is actually a positive.

Agree 100%, that's a positive for me too LOL!

Pose looks dynamic and awesome. That's the sell for me. If this was a statuesque museum pose I would have passed. Love the motion this pose captures! Can't wait to get this, hopefully ships mid next week!

marvel-captain-america-premium-format-figure-300377-02.jpg

marvel-captain-america-premium-format-figure-300377-04.jpg

Pose is awesome. But damn... The likeness is soooo far off. It's NOTHING like Evans! Nothing... That's deceiving considering Iron Studios managed to get the likenesss on their own statue.

Pose is awesome. But damn... The likeness is soooo far off. It's NOTHING like Evans! Nothing... That's deceiving considering Iron Studios managed to get the likenesss on their own statue.

if we had the Iron Studios Cap head on the SS Statue we'd have a total homerun LOL!! But I can't get past the disco pose on the iron studios Cap.

Likeness is terrible. The base is nice, the body looks solid, and the pose is pretty dynamic BUT my preference is to see the shield (which is hard to see with this pose).

Looks like a combination of Mel Gibson and Nathan Fillion to me. I find it weird how people can give such a pass on the likeness of a movie statue.

I can only give you my personal perspective, but I prefer the comic versions of the characters for the most part (except for Iron Man), so the movie likeness of the face sculpt is not very important to me. The dynamic pose, strike suit, style of the base and the change out shields makes this a winner IMO, while the likeness to Evans is a low priority.

Man, I don't think I can see myself getting this anymore. For some reason, these final production pics look worse than the prototype ones. Great pose, nice base, but the colors look really weird. I'll probably have to wait for in-hand pics to see if it looks better, but I don't think I care for the EX unmasked sculpt anymore, so if I decide to order it again, I'll be happy with the RE. I'm happy I pre-ordered early when they didn't have an NRD, hence no cancellation fees. Hopefully someone here will get their waitlist conversion. :duff

I can only give you my personal perspective, but I prefer the comic versions of the characters for the most part (except for Iron Man), so the movie likeness of the face sculpt is not very important to me. The dynamic pose, strike suit, style of the base and the change out shields makes this a winner IMO, while the likeness to Evans is a low priority.

Looks like SS felt the same way.

Did Chris Evans specifically ask Sideshow not to make the statue look like him or...?

Why? Just why? Did they use the face of his stunt double or something? This looks nothing like him, to a point where it becomes kinda hilarious :lol

Nowadays good likeness is pretty much granted on high end pieces with all the technology available and how accurate sculpts have become. This is insane.

Could have seen myself getting this, big fan of the movie, big fan of Evans as Cap, but now there is just no way :lol

Can't get over how huge the eyes are wtf :rotfl

If only they started to use other materials to cast the faces of movie based statues. But other than the disaster (imo) that was the Man of Steel statue has Sideshow attempted any others?

But other than the disaster (imo) that was the Man of Steel statue

Im feeling the same way about this. The proto pics didn't look phenomenal, but it was decent overall. This... this is something else entirely. The paint looks bland, the base looks melted and sloppy, and the headsculot looks like the face of a jerk.

So I waited 2 and a half years for something that looks less like the proto? Was really forward to this being my first PF but with so much coming out this year I have no choice but to cancel this. I could see friends coming over my house to look at it and say how it looks nothing like Evans, even in the slightest

The only one (statue) currently with a passing resemblance with Evans is the Iron Studios statue.

And I can't wait for their Civil War version.

Waited 2.5 years

And it looks horrible

Super tan skin tone

Horrible likeness even worse then proto

Outfit color is bland.

Base color is meh

I really wanted to get it to. Cause I love the movie. But $422 for that garbage.

I want to see in person first but will likely not keep it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is it worth taking the risk? Maybe just cancel and order again if in-hand pics look good. Seems safer, I don't see it selling out anytime soon.

Don't know what happened really... Quick comparison, Sideshow vs Hot Toys vs Iron Studios:

Cap1.jpg

Back