Premium Format Captain America: The Winter Soldier - Coming Soon

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have the TFA PF and it's great part of my collection but this WS Cap will definitely be front and center in my collection, Andy!

Here are the reasons I'm keeping my SSC preorder:

1. A 1/4 scale STRIKE Suit Cap from TWS is one of my top wants.

2. This 1/4 statue looks better than the one from GG and is more eye-catching and dynamic than the King Arts museum pose despite having the weaker likeness.

3. I don't think we'll see another STRIKE suit Cap in 1/4 scale for a very long time, if ever. In the MCU it is a uniform he abandoned and will probably never revert back to. So all future PF's will most likely cover future looks from upcoming movies.

4. I love all of the display options. Helmet with classic shield, helmet with stealth shield, unmasked with classic shield, and unmasked with stealth shield. Four statues in one. I think I'm going unmasked with classic shield for mine. It reminds me of the elevator scene which was one of the most iconic and badass moments in the film.

While likeness looks like ****, I will have to say this is a phenomenal piece. I don't know if I'd do the unmasked but still love the amount of content included....if only Batgirl PF could have this sort of selection...

Camp and proud.

tumblr_lm7s00YbMB1qa601io1_500.gif

c18.gif
:wink1:

Here are the reasons I'm keeping my SSC preorder:

1. A 1/4 scale STRIKE Suit Cap from TWS is one of my top wants.

2. This 1/4 statue looks better than the one from GG and is more eye-catching and dynamic than the King Arts museum pose despite having the weaker likeness.

3. I don't think we'll see another STRIKE suit Cap in 1/4 scale for a very long time, if ever. In the MCU it is a uniform he abandoned and will probably never revert back to. So all future PF's will most likely cover future looks from upcoming movies.

4. I love all of the display options. Helmet with classic shield, helmet with stealth shield, unmasked with classic shield, and unmasked with stealth shield. Four statues in one. I think I'm going unmasked with classic shield for mine. It reminds me of the elevator scene which was one of the most iconic and badass moments in the film.

:goodpost: Well said, Khev, and I agree. :hi5:

While likeness looks like ****, I will have to say this is a phenomenal piece.

Yep and that's the thing. Even naysayers (for lack of a better word) recognize how phenomenal this statue is. And why do we collect? To have phenomenal representations of characters we love! This Cap just looks awesome. So badass and ready for business. I'll take a missed likeness with everything else being awesome over a statue that does look more like the actor but with an awkward pose and splooge coming out of the base like the Chris Reeve Superman any day of the week.

:goodpost: Well said, Khev, and I agree. :hi5:

:duff

Even the Chris Reeves sculpt looks off to me. But yeah, this is a really nice pose, and it looks well balanced.

Man I dunno if I'm gonna keep my pre-order. The second I saw the face on both sculpts I sank in my chair. The Steve Rogers portrait looks horrible or something out of an animated series. The helmet sculpt, while the mask looks great, is really off still.

I agree the rest of the statue is well detailed, but why can't they get the likeness right at that large of a scale?! Hot Toys would pwn in 1/4 scale if they made a cap in this size.

My criteria for buying movie statues have greatly depended on actor likenesses. Both this and the Thor one are just not sitting well with me. I'm torn. The pose is great and the outfits awesome. I just don't see THE Cap right now, just a stand-in for Chris Evans.

It's a great pose but does anyone have worries that he'll tip over? I can see the final product not being at the same angle and getting a Captain Stumble. That being said I am more interested in this than I was a month ago.

Man I dunno if I'm gonna keep my pre-order. The second I saw the face on both sculpts I sank in my chair. The Steve Rogers portrait looks horrible or something out of an animated series. The helmet sculpt, while the mask looks great, is really off still.

I agree the rest of the statue is well detailed, but why can't they get the likeness right at that large of a scale?! Hot Toys would pwn in 1/4 scale if they made a cap in this size.

My criteria for buying movie statues have greatly depended on actor likenesses. Both this and the Thor one are just not sitting well with me. I'm torn. The pose is great and the outfits awesome. I just don't see THE Cap right now, just a stand-in for Chris Evans.
Well, too bad SS didn't let Trevor to do the head sculpt like ScarJo's Black Widow. Even so I'm gonna keep the po and just treat the nonhelmet portrait as a comic version of the movie. You'll have the helmet head which is kinda closed to the actor in likeness, the dynamic pose which is pretty amazing, and the suit. Maybe later someone would do a custom Chris Evans head who knows.

It isn't going to be released until a year from now, estimationally, so there's a chance they could be reworking and improving it... unless they're spending all the time in production of however many of these they are selling.

Back