Captain America: The First Avenger Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
saw it last night 8.5 /10 for me i dunno something just seemed off ....

i liked everyones role i feel the red skull should have had more screen time there was hardly any character development for him evans was great loved the ending .

I would've liked to have seen a little more screen time for the Red Skull because Hugo Weaving did an excellent job playing the part. :yess:

Now bring on the Hot Toys Red Skull figure! :rock

I really don't understand the critics and those who are calling this movie little more than an advertising for Avengers?!!?!? I mean really?!?! Pffff... Wow. Talk about writing your review before setting foot in the theater.

I didnt see like that at all. THat's like calling Batman Begins a trailer for the Dark Knight.

I really don't understand the critics and those who are calling this movie little more than an advertising for Avengers?!!?!? I mean really?!?! Pffff... Wow. Talk about writing your review before setting foot in the theater.

I didnt see like that at all. THat's like calling Batman Begins a trailer for the Dark Knight.

Meh...critics and movie goers saying that type of crap are just ignorant douches with no idea with what the hell they're talking about.

Just like the people who were bashing this movie before they even saw it.

I really don't understand the critics and those who are calling this movie little more than an advertising for Avengers?!!?!?

:cuckoo: The only piece which I felt fit that description was the last 5 - 10 mins in Times Square. IMO the film would had a more powerful ending without it but it wasn't out of context. I am the only critic whose opinion matters so screw 'em :pfft:

:cuckoo: The only piece which I felt fit that description was the last 5 - 10 mins in Times Square. IMO the film would had a more powerful ending without it but it wasn't out of context. I am the only critic whose opinion matters so screw 'em :pfft:

I love this movie but yes....that ending was a bit jarring...would have preferred a coda featuring Peggy Carter and a nod to Bucky's fate (yeah, doesn't he become Winter Soldier?...does anyone really think he's dead? :))

But at least that ending saves "The Avengers" the trouble of explaining on screen how Rogers gets to today...

But these are nit-picks...the movie rocks!

I loved, loved, loved this movie. Old fashioned all-american ass kicking with heart. The opening night crowd I saw it with in a cinebistro auditorium balcony (with waiters, wine, dinner, etc.) was quite rowdy and quite a few ladies were laughing at inappropriate times with their dates in the beginning and not really taking the movie seriously.

Everyone shut up when he jumped on the grenade. The movie completely won everyone over. A fantastic film that I feel like I've waited a lifetime to experience.

What an awesome and persistent hero.

i liked the plot and presentation, but i prefer thor because the i could actually feel loki's pain and odin's dilemma, but in this movie, there wasn't much emotions, just a lot of butt kicking.

also, maybe its just the way cap is, but since he has no over the top powers or anything unique, the fight scenes were less intriguing than say iron man and his suit or hulk smashing things. i would have liked to seen a training scene or some hand to hand combat scenes.

I'm not familiar with the comics, but I got the impression that:

Spoiler Spoiler:

I'm not familiar with the comics, but I got the impression that:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Can't get the link to work, but check it out.

I went to see this with my son and we were pretty happy with the overall tone of the movie. The cast was great and Chris Evans owns the character:clap I really believed he was perfectly cast, just as RDJ was for ironman.
The only complaint we had was that they didn't show any training or he didn't have a particular fighting style. It was more or less him just hitting everybody once or just pushing them with the shield.
I also would have loved to see him "learn" how to throw that shield,see how much it becomes a part of him.
For the people saying the characters didn't have much emotion, i think that they had to be that way since none of them are coming back, and they really didn't have a lot of personal background with Steve before he became Cap.( except for bucky, and you do see that friendship develop) Thor and Loki were brothers and Odin their Father,so you have that expectation of a family dynamic.
The movie is great,funny,action packed and as good as the other Marvel films. 8.5/10 for me.:hi5:

i liked the plot and presentation, but i prefer thor because the i could actually feel loki's pain and odin's dilemma, but in this movie, there wasn't much emotions, just a lot of butt kicking.

also, maybe its just the way cap is, but since he has no over the top powers or anything unique, the fight scenes were less intriguing than say iron man and his suit or hulk smashing things. i would have liked to seen a training scene or some hand to hand combat scenes.

Hit it right on the head!!! Out of the rest of the Avengers i would think Cap. has to have the best hand to hand fighting style( he's kinda the batman version of marvel,not as strong as the rest but incredibly tough in a fight) being that he doesn't fly or has an Armor or out of this world abilities. I'm confident they will correct that in the Avengers.

I really loved the movie, on par with Iron Man IMO 9.5/10. Hit all the right notes for me, Stanely Tucci's character was especially touching. I have to admit to getting a bit misty eyed when skinny Steve Rogers talked about all the guys over there giving their all and their lives, and he just wanted to do his part.

Steve has the heart, just needed the outside to match the inside.

My only small nitpick (as with many others) is the PC/Cop out G.I. Joe movie reject Hydra Soldiers with Pew, Pew lasers.:dunno We did see a few Nazi's, but Johnston could have used the Cosmic Cube to create a super weapon angle instead of shoving it in manpackable lasers, and tanks.

I did enjoy the ending with Cap waking up in modern times, and his last line.

I hope to see Cap progress in fighting style in the Avengers, kinda like what we got the see in the Incredible Hulk. Hulk vs. Blonski:

[ame="https://youtu.be/q8z15yjhxzM"]302 Found[/ame]

but with more but-kicking and shield awesomeness of course.:yess:

liked it, not as much as Thor but i'm not american, so that could explain it.:monkey1

kinda thought the leaked Avengers trailer was the best part of the movie.:peace

BTW: did anyone else see the new Spiderman preview before the movie?? not sure who the villian is, but you can sure see that they're gunning for the 3D effect on this one.

I absolutely loved the movie, it was everything I hoped it would be!

I loved the Rocketeer and Indy winks:

Spoiler Spoiler:

liked it, not as much as Thor but i'm not american, so that could explain it.:monkey1

kinda thought the leaked Avengers trailer was the best part of the movie.:peace

BTW: did anyone else see the new Spiderman preview before the movie?? not sure who the villian is, but you can sure see that they're gunning for the 3D effect on this one.

I don't know, I'll enjoy Captain Canada when it comes out.

Back