Captain America: The First Avenger Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The movie was good. I wouldn't say it was a great film. I still feel X Men 1st class is the best summer movie.

Man, I really want to see First Class with a lot of positive reviews, but just can't do it because it's part of the other "X-Men" movies. If it was a straight reboot, then it would have been easier for me to see. Maybe when it comes out on Blu Ray.

Man, I really want to see First Class with a lot of positive reviews, but just can't do it because it's part of the other "X-Men" movies. If it was a straight reboot, then it would have been easier for me to see. Maybe when it comes out on Blu Ray.

I couldnt enjoy First class because it departed so far away from the Xmen comic mythos. That's not the FIRST CLASS.

The movie was good. I wouldn't say it was a great film. I still feel X Men 1st class is the best summer movie.

While XM:FC was a good movie and better than I expected. Cap beats it by a mile, IMO.

But to each their own. :D

I think Tommy Lee Jones was perfect in this movie. He's one of my favorite parts of it.

TLJ's character was great and he played the part perfectly. :rock

That's how I felt about first class before I saw the movie. Then it all changed after I saw the movie.

While XM:FC was a good movie and better than I expected. Cap beats it by a mile, IMO.

But to each their own. :D

TLJ's character was great and he played the part perfectly. :rock

I was expecting a dismal TLJ performance so I was pleasantly surprised. :clap

This whole movie was a pleasant surprise. :rock

Now wishing I lived in the 40's, but with HT still making my toys :lol

I loved Stan Lee's cameo. :rock :lol :rock

Yeah, it was good...

... BUT, I really wish there was some direct nod to Jack Kirby in these Marvel movies. ESPECIALLY in a Captain America movie. A character who Kirby, not Stan Lee, helped co -create.

I mean, name a street or a storefront or a character after Jack. Something other than the credit line during the credits.

If there was some homage to Kirby in Cap, I missed it. :(

That's how I felt about first class before I saw the movie. Then it all changed after I saw the movie.

I'm sure the movie is good. I heard lots from it and it seems they did a good job this time around. My only problem is that I just can't ignore X-Men 1-3 and Origins. As much as I want to forget X3 and Origins. From what I heard and saw, XMFC has too many contradictory if it suppose to be part of the same movie verse as the others. I can care less if a movie company strays away from the original source materials as long as the story is good and it's consistent with any sequels/prequels that comes from it.

Just got back from Captain America, and my wife and I left the theater smiling. Evans was terrific and made me completely forget about the Human Torch. There were a great many moments in this film that I really loved, and I don't think there was a weak link in the cast. I think that between this and Thor, Marvel has really learned how to nail the tone of their movies. Nice action, nice character moments, bits of humor here and there. But the success of the movie all depended on Evans, and he did great. I can't wait to see more of him, Thor and Tony Stark together next summer.

Just got back from Captain America, and my wife and I left the theater smiling. Evans was terrific and made me completely forget about the Human Torch. There were a great many moments in this film that I really loved, and I don't think there was a weak link in the cast. I think that between this and Thor, Marvel has really learned how to nail the tone of their movies. Nice action, nice character moments, bits of humor here and there. But the success of the movie all depended on Evans, and he did great. I can't wait to see more of him, Thor and Tony Stark together next summer.

:exactly: my thoughts exactly! IMO the movie was awesome...great story, great pacing, great characters, and great acting! :clap

Nice to read all the good reviews coming in. Not till next Wednesday for me.

I was expecting a dismal TLJ performance so I was pleasantly surprised.

This whole movie was a pleasant surprise. :rock

I had a feeling that the movie would be good but not as awesome as it is! :yess:

Now wishing I lived in the 40's, but with HT still making my toys
:lol :lol:lol

:goodpost: :exactly:

I think Chris Evans & Joe Johnston hit a Grand Slam with this movie. :lecture

So much for this movie failing like some predicted it would. :nana: :lol

best superhero movie of the Summer,slightly edging over Thor (both great films)

I got popcorn in my eyes. True story. :lecture
wink1.gif
:lol

I dont think this embeds, but this is my favorite version of the leaked trailer....

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4GSwjg7yga4"]‪The Avengers Trailer‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

I laughed so hard at that women screaming....haha.

Back