Captain America Shield

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Went ahead and placed an order with razor's too. Can't wait to see how this shield turns out!

I would be tempted by something like this, but it looks like they made the center too small. The blue/star center should have more of a presence then what it shown on the Windlass version. It's the same thing I didn't like about the Factory X one.

The Windlass version feels even worse to me because they show a picture of the real dimensions in the image on the ad. (ad is on a previous post in this thread)

The center blue circle/star looks like it should have a diameter of about half of the full shield diameter. The Windlass one looks like it is about one third of the full shield diameter.

Oh well.. maybe I am being too nitpicky.

The pic you have attached is of Ultimates Captain America, not to mention that the shield itself in terms of ring diameter, etc. Differs from Artist to Artist. Some have enormous rings, some actually draw more than the standard. Consider this version the "idealized" one....

Ultimates... yeah, I suppose. But that doesn't mean the dimensions are Ultimate-centric.

Here is another shot from a comic you will remember...

I think I have seen this "wider center" more often than not. Again, I suppose that it is personal preference, but I like the wider type.

I'm debating between the 1940's shield and the 1960's shield. The draw for me on the 40's is that it is more limited (which is always cool), and it is more unique in that he only used it during WWII so people will probably ask about it. I also like it's crate more. I need to hurry up and make a decision before it gets made for me!

Get both if you can. I think somehow you will regret getting one over the other in the long run.

Once the movie hits, the 1960's version will be gone just because is more recognizable regardless of there being slightly more of it. Keep in mind that 750 and 250 are "reasonable to low" edition sizes for these 2 items.

I only hope that they redo the Infinity Gauntlet and lower the ES on that one also to about 500 pieces. Less made should make it easier to focus on the quality which was lacking from the prototype.

The draw for me on the 40's is that it is more limited (which is always cool), and it is more unique in that he only used it during WWII so people will probably ask about it.

Actually, he used it for one issue only (CAPTAIN AMERICA COMICS #1), then switched to the round disc-shaped shield for the duration of WWII and beyond!

Yeah I know, but I think he uses it more in the modern flashbacks to WWII. But I may just be getting it confused with the Ultimates.

I'm pretty certain I will regret not getting one of the other, but I just can't swing both. So the question is which one will I regret less....

Yeah I know, but I think he uses it more in the modern flashbacks to WWII. But I may just be getting it confused with the Ultimates.

I'm pretty certain I will regret not getting one of the other, but I just can't swing both. So the question is which one will I regret less....

Actually, he used it for one issue only (CAPTAIN AMERICA COMICS #1), then switched to the round disc-shaped shield for the duration of WWII and beyond!

In real time he only uses it for one issue due to copyright issues. In modern comic continuity both in Ultimates and 616 Universes he has had a tons of adventures with it not to mention for a while Modern Cap was drawn with this shield (1940s).

In reality there were at least three, the original, the modern and then the modified 1940s:

captain-america-number11.jpg

The interesting thing is that Patriot Elijah Bradley uses this Shield now after some modifications in coloring:

ya-presents1.jpeg

and before Steve, Isiah Bradley used the 1940s shield without any deco:

440px-IsaiahBradley.jpg

So there is a lot of history with both.

Hi Everyone,

I just wanted all of you to know that our price for the Captain America 1940's and 1960's shields will increase on Monday (07/21) when we are back in the office.

For all of you who already pre ordered with us. The price you paid is locked in (will not increase) and your Shields are allocated and confirmed.

For any new pre orders placed before Monday (over this weekend), your order will be honored.

We're also lifting our quantity restriction of 1 piece per household on the 1960's shield. So if you want to order more, we will honor your order.

If anyone has any questions, you can email or PM me. I will answer all questions on Monday when we are back in the office.

Have a nice weekend everyone.

:)

Thanks,
Mike

Thanks for the heads up Mike! Maybe I'll flip a coin to decide. Oh, wait, wrong comics company...

Back