Captain America Shield

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1940s Golden Age Version:

Museum%20Replicas%20Captain%20America%201940%20Shield.jpg

1960s Modern Age Version:
Museum%20Replicas%20Captain%20America%201960%20Shield.jpg

Even though I was planning on waiting, just put my order at Razors Edge for the GA version.

Hi Everyone,

Here's a bit of information from my Museum Replicas sales rep which some of you may not know (not sure if this was ever posted before).

"BTW…if anyone asks Museum Replicas basically is / and was Factory X for all intent purposes. Museum Replicas' factory produced the Factory X shield, Gladiator sword and helmet along with all of the Blade Swords, Iron Man mask, etc. Even the former President of Factory X works at Museum now, so…..that knowledge may or may not be of interest to your customers who may be on the fence about getting one."

Thanks,
Mike

Hi Everyone,

Here are the manufacturer's specs (subject to change) and a first look at one of the C.O.A.'s. Enjoy.

1940's Shield Manufacturer's Specs
Limited Edition Size: 250
MSRP: $350
Item Number: 885009
Item Size: 29 ¼” x 22”
Display Size: 31 ½” x 24””

Single Unit (Shipping Case)
Dimensions: 32” x 25” x 8”
Weight: 18 lbs.

Master Carton (Shipping Case)
Dimensions: 64” x 50” x 16”
Weight: 36 lbs
Units per Master Carton: 2

1960's Shield Manufacturer's Specs
Limited Edition Size: 750
MSRP: $375
Item Number: 885008
Item Size: 30”
Display Size: 32” x 32”

Single Unit (Shipping Case)
Dimensions: 33” x 33” x 10”
Weight: 12 lbs.

Master Carton (Shipping Case)
Dimensions: 66” x 66” x 20”
Weight: 26 lbs
Units per Master Carton: 2

capcoa1.jpg

capcoa2.jpg

it can be taken off the plaque/base, right? it has the "sling" on the inside too, right?

That's good to hear. I always assumed the crate display will have a way to mount it to the wall.

The real question is how effective it will be to mount the shields alone to the wall without the crate. May be using the arm strap for support?

That's good to hear. I always assumed the crate display will have a way to mount it to the wall.

The real question is how effective it will be to mount the shields alone to the wall without the crate. May be using the arm strap for support?

From the way I understood it was, the shield mounts to the display which mounts to the wall. I'm 99.9% sure the shield would have the sling. Otherwise, you would not be able to hold it. The Spartan shield comes with the sling. I can not see MR making these different (as far as the sling goes).

Thanks,
Mike

Back