Captain America Shield

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cap's shield is supposed to be 30". I'm surprised to hear that the Windlass piece is 24"...according to them they were supposed to be putting out a 30" shield or at least all early reports indicated that. No official pics and specs yet on the MR site or the Windlass site. It possible that the etailers have it wrong....

I have a Windlass brochure from Dragon*Con with pictures on it.
I'll try to find it and post the picture.

Oh and according to the Windlass representative both shields are coming with a wall display that looks like the top of the crate Cap received his shields in.

That was a few months ago though...dunno if the plans changed.

Oh and according to the Windlass representative both shields are coming with a wall display that looks like the top of the crate Cap received his shields in.

That was a few months ago though...dunno if the plans changed.

AWESOME!!!! where can i preorder the 1940s version??? (i'm trying to compare some prices to get the best deal)

I am still waiting for other retailers to offer this. Glad to see that MR is coming down to earth with some of their edition sizes.

I hope they redo the Infinity Gauntlet from scratch.

I believe the Factory X shield had paint problems on the first batch produced. I hadn't received mine until a year and a half after I ordered it but luckily they corrected the paint ops problem by then.

I'd like one of those big plastic shield you see the guy dressed up as Cap carrying around at San Diego! Whomever produced it did a real nice job.

BB

I'm surprised we are so far out from the original dates with no official pics and specs on the MR site.

interesting, deciding whether i should pick one up or not.

Ooh, I want one. Not sure where the heck I'd put it though.

BTW I got the Spider-Man and Captain America T-shirt pictured above and they are pretty nice. They don't have any design on the back. And Cap's stripes aren't long enough in my opinion, but it's still a cool shirt. Spidey's however has black splotches round the webbing near the neck and armpits.

It's funny because I want to order this but MR has failed to impress me on all their Marvel offerings so far. I question the quality of the final item like those Iron Man helmets.

I have to see pics and reviews first.

I'm happy with my Factory X version. :rock

It's funny, before I got mine I had an opportunity to get one at last years Wizard World here in L.A., a vendor was selling it for $400. Only problem was I bought my Doom PF Exclusive that day, so I passed. A few months later a vendor at Comic-Con had one si I thought I'd ask how much he wanted for it, he said "$2,000" -mind you this was after Caps' Death- I just laughed and said 'That's ridiculous!' :lol

A few months after that I bought mine from fellow Freak Seaward (You :rock man) for $300. :)

I'm happy with my Factory X version. :rock

No question about it, the Factory X version is quite nice. In reading through threads re: the upcoming Museum Replicas' Cap shield (round version), it seems like the dimensions will be different. Also, the description for the new shield states that it will be made of solid steel. The Factory X shield was aluminum.

I'm hoping that someone will be able to post pics comparing the two.

I just saw this today. Did anyone else notice Cap's Shield in Iron Man? During the scene where Pepper walks in on Tony trying to get the suit off. Look right underneath his right arm. Too cool!

ironman-cptamerica-shield.jpg

Yup, there is conversation about that scene in the Hulk Official Thread, the Avengers Thread and the Captain America thread. :D

Back