Captain America Shield

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm debating between the 1940's shield and the 1960's shield. The draw for me on the 40's is that it is more limited (which is always cool), and it is more unique in that he only used it during WWII so people will probably ask about it. I also like it's crate more. I need to hurry up and make a decision before it gets made for me!

Once the movie hits, the 1960's version will be gone just because is more recognizable regardless of there being slightly more of it.

SLF,

That's solid advice, but I'd like to add that once the movie hits, there's a 99.9% chance that there will be at least one more replica of the shield available.

The round shield is so iconic it would seem a no-brainer to go with that one, but the knightly shield is very classy. I dare say that I think that it has a nicer visual aesthetic than the round one, even though the round one is the icon.

If someone could only get one, it's almost worth waiting on the round one, for there should be another offered by 2011 (that's the release date for the Cap movie, right?). Who knows if we'll ever see a 1:1 scale original shield again.

Good point, the one in the movie could be ever so slightly different so that it is a movie prop replica or something. The funny thing is that the shield by itself is the round one hands down, but it's the crate background that sells the WWII one for me. Being indecisive is a curse.

BTW Thanks for all the input pallies.

Regret it or not I decided to order the 60's shield. What does the ADT*VBM on the crate stand for?

just sent my order in for the 1940s version at DarkShadow. after tossing this around for a while i thought this would look great with my PF and hopeful soon to be announced LSB.

just sent my order in for the 1940s version at DarkShadow. after tossing this around for a while i thought this would look great with my PF and hopeful soon to be announced LSB.

Get the Alex Ross Captain American 1:1 bust if you're wanting one. Very, very nice. Very, Very cheap when they show p on Ebay

SLF,

That's solid advice, but I'd like to add that once the movie hits, there's a 99.9% chance that there will be at least one more replica of the shield available.

The round shield is so iconic it would seem a no-brainer to go with that one, but the knightly shield is very classy. I dare say that I think that it has a nicer visual aesthetic than the round one, even though the round one is the icon.

If someone could only get one, it's almost worth waiting on the round one, for there should be another offered by 2011 (that's the release date for the Cap movie, right?). Who knows if we'll ever see a 1:1 scale original shield again.

I don't know if they would do another round version when this one will be the second official version made already unless the shield is changed somewhat for the movie.

If you look at the Shield base from the Iron Man movie its "layered" with each piece standing above the previous portion:

SHIELD-2.jpg

There is a very real possibility that the movie shield will look like that.

I saw the 1940's shield at the SSC booth, I'm not digging the display crate AT ALL. If that's what the Classic Shield's display is gonna look like, I am more than happy with my classy looking Factory X display.

Really? Anyone get pics? Might try and build something similar to the Factory X stand if these look like crap. I think the shields will be great but the display had me worried from the go.

Back