Captain America LSB

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This line has a bit of life left. But near all the LSBs do end up in the GC section. Only reason Venom's ES is so large is due to the over hype and PO scalpers/flippers buying multiples in thinking they're gonna make a profit, but only end up canceling.

Captain America would never be involved with flipping/scalping, but Dr. Doom or Mister Sinister WOULD.

I thought I meant retail wise, but I just checked and they have all been ~$200. So nevermind. I guess $200 now is just a little harder to justify spending now than it was a year ago.

Yeah, when I first read your statement I immediately thought of the Hulk LSB Exclusives (esp. the Grey Ex.) The last two Grey Exs. on Ebay I've seen sold for approx. $125 shipped, which is really sad seeing how detailed the sculpt is. For me, the one LSB that I would justify spending more than $200 (easily) is the Daredevil LSB Ex. (Red or Yellow.) The detail on that one is unsurpassed in my opinion.

Yeah, when I first read your statement I immediately thought of the Hulk LSB Exclusives (esp. the Grey Ex.) The last two Grey Exs. on Ebay I've seen sold for approx. $125 shipped, which is really sad seeing how detailed the sculpt is. For me, the one LSB that I would justify spending more than $200 (easily) is the Daredevil LSB Ex. (Red or Yellow.) The detail on that one is unsurpassed in my opinion.

i wonder if there would be any way of finding out if the name plate is made out of poly or cheap plastic like ironmans was.

yeah i really like the dd red and yellow lsbs, only have the nameplate for the classic version though.

i wonder if there would be any way of finding out if the name plate is made out of poly or cheap plastic like ironmans was.

yeah i really like the dd red and yellow lsbs, only have the nameplate for the classic version though.

The Daredevil Ex. Nameplate felt like it was polystone to me. Although to be honest, I never compared to it the IM Nameplate for reference. I'm sure someone will chime in here with the definitive answer.

yeah i don't have a lot of ex versions, but the hulk, DD, and GG's name plates are all heavy poly.
i don't have the stealth im, but my brother does and the name plate not only looks cheap imo, it's made out of hollow plastic and wouldn't hold a feather in place.
so if cap nameplate is plastic, i think i'll pass and just get the regular version.

How do you know whether the nameplate is plastic or polystone? Will SS give update before charging us?

i highly doubt it, and i don't think anyone at ss would probably know until they get them in stock.
i'll keep mine on order, and since i'm an international customer my orders seldom leave before others have recieved theirs already.
so i'll wait until others get theirs to find out if the nameplate is poly or not, and cancel at that time if need be.
so i guess i'd be called an ORCA :lol:lol

i highly doubt it, and i don't think anyone at ss would probably know until they get them in stock.
i'll keep mine on order, and since i'm an international customer my orders seldom leave before others have recieved theirs already.
so i'll wait until others get theirs to find out if the nameplate is poly or not, and cancel at that time if need be.
so i guess i'd be called an ORCA :lol:lol

Yeah, I agree with Quad on this one. I don't think we'll know until the piece in our hands. Actually, now that I think of it, do they ever tell us the the composition of the nameplate? (I honestly don't know.) In the past, I don't remember knowing until I received the LSB in the mail.

Love the detail. Very tempting.

CapBust.jpg

Looks like an ES of 400 on the EX.

Wow. That's quite a bit higher than I expected. I was thinking around 250ish. Granted, I know the P.O. on the Ex. was up for quite sometime, but I guess it was just wishful thinking on my part. :monkey3

really when you think about it, that's quite an increase in es. since it wasn't to long ago that the es for ex. versions were only at 150.
i would be assuming that flippers are trying this line out, since it still doesn't seem to catching on with the general public, with all of them hitting gc statis all the time.

like i said,
major character = major ES...

but look how many of these are on ebay at any given time... loads!
foolish to buy these for flipping, u'll only be stuck with it...

like i said,
major character = major ES...

but look how many of these are on ebay at any given time... loads!
foolish to buy these for flipping, u'll only be stuck with it...

yeah, you'd think they would learn, maybe a couple of more duds and they'll quit ordering these. but of course for those that are in the states it good for you , because you can get them for below retail. with cheap shipping.

Back