Captain America is up for Pre-Order!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In continuing the disscusion about edition size, I noticed the regular PF Hulk had a order limit of 2 and it's edition size is 1000, so it's looking like more than likely this will have a high number of exclusives. Doesn't really make sense to me to do that if they ever want to get rid of the regular version. If there's a 1000 exclusives that means there'd have to be at least 1500 regulars.

In a perfect world of edition sizes, I think we should cap (no pun intended) the ES for the exclusive at 500 and make 1,000 regulars. Worked like a charm for Doom PF.

hairlesswookiee said:
am i the only one thats worried that the exclusive version isnt even sold out yet??

I think they are putting thier feelers out as to how many to produce.. Thats what I do not like about the ES not being announced w/ the product. Expect a large ES. 2 per is a pure money making manuver..As is not announcing a set number, which commonly is altered anyway.:monkey4

I don't mind the ES not being announced as long as they have a firm estimate on the number it should not exceed. Leaving a high profile exclusive up for weeks with no ES in sight is unacceptable.

Fett PF comes to mind as an example. You know people love Fett and you know there will be a large amount of regular editions out there. The exclusive was out for weeks before they closed it at 2,000 pieces. Of those 2,000 exclusives I am sure they got many cancels as people began to rethink the collectibility of such a piece with such a bad exclusive. Many more cancels will probably happen once the ES of the regular is revealed (which has to be higher than 2,000). Market saturation happens and to ebay people go.

Adjust those numbers down a bit for Cap PF and you got your possible bad scenario if Sideshow doesn't keep a tighter leash on the edition sizes. At a limit of 2 per person the perceived demand will be artificial as some people buy an extra one to possibly flip with intentions of cancelling it if the number is high.

SolidLiquidFox said:
Many more cancels will probably happen once the ES of the regular is revealed (which has to be higher than 2,000). Market saturation happens and to ebay people go.

This is what killed the LoTR Weta Line... 9500 Saurons?.. Remember all the cxl'ations?..

Keep em small sideshow!

Tail end WETA pieces are a good example of the extremely high ES.

But, so long as they sell all of their pieces, why does ES really matter?

I do not like the 2 per order either. Opens up for the gay flippers.

Kinda like Andy said as well, SS is trying to make money. The more money they make, the more different pieces they have the ability to produce down the road. If they have a warehouse full of unpurchased pieces, they ain't makin any money.

Mithrandier said:
Tail end WETA pieces are a good example of the extremely high ES.

But, so long as they sell all of their pieces, why does ES really matter?

I do not like the 2 per order either. Opens up for the gay flippers.

Kinda like Andy said as well, SS is trying to make money. The more money they make, the more different pieces they have the ability to produce down the road. If they have a warehouse full of unpurchased pieces, they ain't makin any money.

Then I guess I can consider my DOOM, Hulk, Iron Man and Wolvie as My Balrog, Witchking, Uruk Scout and Moria Swordsman of the Marvel line.. In the world of collectibles one must get in before the hype.

I see your point, and I agree with the LOTR comparisson. I too hope that they do not start creating ES of high numbers and as a high number I mean 3000 or higher. The thing I do not really care to see is, due to such a small ES, where you can get the piece for $300 from SS, but now on the secondary market, it cannot be touched for cheaper than $1500. I think that is bs, but then again, I do not collect pieces as an investment.

wofford29 said:
So it's sold out with an edition size of 875, not bad, but not great either.
Interesting choice for a number (why not 850 or 900?) but I'll take it! I was a little concerned that there'd be 1250, 1500, or even 2000 exclusives like Fett. Remember this was SS's "most requested Marvel PF". I think 875 is quite respectable and "exclusive" enough for me given the trend toward higher ES's these days.

Bodie The Cursed said:
I think they are putting thier feelers out as to how many to produce.. Thats what I do not like about the ES not being announced w/ the product. Expect a large ES. 2 per is a pure money making manuver..As is not announcing a set number, which commonly is altered anyway.:monkey4

Honestly, we just can't win can we?

Limit to 1 per, people squawk about "But I want to buy one for my friend for his birthday"... "but I want to display 1 and keep the other boxed"... "but I want to display both, one at my office, one at my house".

Limit it to 2 and we're overbearing, corporate money-grabbers.

*goes off in search of a wall to bang head into*

Back